Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tunghoi Aquarium's Dvd
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
inertia4
Wonder if anyone here has the DVD on keeping chinese goldfish? Is it worth getting it?
CyberET
QUOTE(inertia4 @ Tue 25 Nov 2003 23:51 PM)
Wonder if anyone here has the DVD on keeping chinese goldfish? Is it worth getting it?

heard its not bad, where did u see it and how much? any idea if they have a vcd version? i've yet to get a dvd drive biggrin.gif
kingyoo
I have requested that video 3 times by email, but maybe they cannot send to US? I have had no response. sad.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(CyberET @ Wed 26 Nov 2003 00:01 AM)
heard its not bad, where did u see it and how much? any idea if they have a vcd version? i've yet to get a dvd drive biggrin.gif

huh? You could have bought it at Tung Hoi stand at the recent Aquarama. I think it was even on special offer, $20 or something like dat.

For now, pick one up at Petmart. $35. biggrin.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(kingyoo @ Wed 26 Nov 2003 01:18 AM)
I have requested that video 3 times by email, but maybe they cannot send to US?  I have had no response. sad.gif

Before I found out I could get a copy in Singapore, I also wrote an email to the publisher but didn't receive any reply too.

For you, you might want to try an on-line store based in Toronto, Ontario.

http://www.fishsempai.com/showproducts.asp?category=12

Good luck!

BTW, a few bros here highly recommend the following book available at the same store. It's loaded with beautiful pictures of all kinds of goldfish: blink.gif:

http://www.fishsempai.com/showproducts.asp?category=21
smgutie
I have heard great comments about that book too.

I actually have that book, but an earlier press. LOL, it has horrible pictures! The author always talks about how ugly and deformed the fish are. Its basically a how not to on goldfish. The information on raising goldfish and goldfish illiness was great though. Thank goodness the author reprinted the book with better pictures!

Just make sure you get the latter printing! I think the Fish Sempai has the latter one. You also might be able to find it online and import it for a VERY MINIMAL price. I got mine from Singapore (i think) book store for like 8 bucks including shipping.
The Matrix
tunghoi coming out with 2 new books with hundreds of pics in it and also quite a large topic on modern goldfish keeping. for those went to the aquarama and stay long enough to view the 2 latest books (not for sale yet, draft copy only), you will find the dvd a little outdated. well, just a little. the new books cost over S$300 if I not wrong.

the dvd contains few hundreds fish video of different size and grade, so it's up to individual to tell what is worth or not. actually one of the site by Russ Taylor contains quite a number of captured screen from this dvd. Russ Taylor's Goldfish
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(smgutie @ Wed 03 Dec 2003 14:26 PM)
I got mine from Singapore (i think) book store for like 8 bucks including shipping.

Get out of town! A few of us were looking for that book locally but can't. Could you recall which bookstore it was? I'll try my luck there. biggrin.gif Thanks.
smgutie
I will find it for you! I have to go search for it. Will reply soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.