Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aquarama 2007 Pre-Event Discussions
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
Pages: 1, 2
desireless
Topic split from Announcement: Aquarama 2007, The largest Asia Aquatic Trade Show

===
Entry forms have been distributed to most LFS already.

The online form for hobbyists will be available in Feb 2007.

Come on... GEAR UP biggrin.gif
goldrush
smile.gif)

So far cheapest entry fee.Pay $10 with no entry also can go in as participant on days not open to public......can avoid mass human traffic rolleyes.gif

Time to grooooooooooooom.Fail this one still got vanda 6 months time yes.gif
The Matrix
QUOTE(desireless @ Thu, 23 Nov 2006 6:23 pm) *

Entry forms have been distributed to most LFS already.

The online form for hobbyists will be available in Feb 2007.

Come on... GEAR UP biggrin.gif

Har ??? Entry forms distributed ????? Not even printed yet !!!

Not another super spam right ?
desireless
Commercial pass one lah.. Most LFS should have it by now. Fully colour-printed 3or4-fold A4 glossy pamplets with information to this event. Even got a map of the layout to this event. Suntec - Shagged man sweatingbullets.gif

Official clubs should also have it too
The Matrix
oh ... that one ... I tot is the entry forms. i also have that newsletter send to me.
desireless
I also thought that it was the entry form. But seeing that the online form for public will not be available till Feb, I supposed it is for commercial entities. Actually I was kind of surprised when one LFS owner showed it to me... It is quite early to see such thing by this time.

But... WHY SUNTEC?!! Aircon super strong... I'm so worried for my fishes. Plus must let cute girls see me in shorts wearing slippers plak plak plak, handful of red plastic bags with goldfish inside, and taking lift go up so many storeys. blush.gif
The Matrix
then u wear suit and tie lor ... like Japanese benching in their fish ... go town wear slipper sure or not. kekekeke. at least try to draw a LV logo on your fish carrier bag. shiok.gif

problem is those drive car will burn a lobang fast ... parking space is a major headache. weekday CBD in and out another sum of money. furthermore, there will be a book fair on the same period. so a lot of parents and kids running around. so take good care of yr fish and dun just put on the floor. u will never know when these kids run over yr packet of fish and become flatten. sweatingbullets.gif
goldrush
Any idea of floor plan of Suntec,so we can park our car nearest to cargo lift that will bring us right up to exhibition hall.If I submit more than 10fishes........peng san on check in and check out.Don't drive take bus with ten bags sure heh lan.Super big fish in 2 feet tank also jia lat .Who is the wise guy to put show in such inaccessible location rolleyes.gif
The Matrix
hahahaha ... cargo lift restricted. U need to pass thru some security guards to get into the lift. Loading bay very limited space for lorries, 8-10 lots only. Convention hall at level 6. there got a lot of lifts, should not be a problem right ? Bring trolley lah.

Aiya ... 2 ft tank good enough lah. Suntec where got inaccessible. The best in Asia leh, right in the heart of the city with all the branded hotels around for foreign trade visitors and exhibitors. Also every important shows are held there. Dun need to worry the ladies no place to go. We bench in fish, they go shopping.

This time, i might go to other playground to have some fun ... hahaha ... must see if my SA cichlids grow big enough or not. Desireless wanna play cichlids bo ? shiok.gif
goldrush
For those who intend to participate in the coming Aquarama 2007,this is dedicated to you......

IPB Image
The Matrix
Doc ... beg2.gif this is a GOOD fish ... good_very.gif
Kinder
QUOTE(goldrush @ Sat, 25 Nov 2006 1:39 am) *

For those who intend to participate in the coming Aquarama 2007,this is dedicated to you......

WoW ! Awesome work on the drawing. good_very.gif
desireless
Just got this today.... For those who has never seen Aquarama form... this is it tada.gif Most of the stuffs can be found at the official website.

Matrix, yes it is the form for traders.

PS: Sorry if the watermark spoils your reading mood but I caught some really shameless arse stealing stuff off our site without any permission asked.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
The Matrix
Good job Desireless. Putting watermark to protect your property is the correct way.

Anyway, various supporting clubs and institutions are having their own public or private show in the coming months prior to this great event, so dun miss them.

Sun Plaza - DCS - today !!!
Singapore Poly - BCS, PCS, GCS and MAAS - 1st Dec
goldrush
A pause for a cause as we go for a commercial break and when we come back.......more spills and thrills on the upcoming

AQUA-DRAMA 2007

Disqualifications are to be expected during benching in and a common error would be entering your fish in the wrong classication .A typical grey area would be depicted by this voluptous lady.....

IPB Image

Do you classify her as Top-view,Side-view or Bubble-eyed???????? blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif
desireless
Doc, maybe "Ah-gua (Tranny) Drama" nananana.gif ? Straight disqualification. hysterical.gif

QUOTE(The Matrix @ Sat, 25 Nov 2006 10:33 pm) *

Good job Desireless. Putting watermark to protect your property is the correct way.

I have no problem with members here who need to use materials/information found here on their own websites. But at the minimum, do have the courtesy to ask for permission. Or maybe link back to us. I caught one guy who STOLE our forum's images, did some amatuer manipulation to remove our logo on the images and claim those pictures as his own. This is a very shameless act and it is no difference from robbing. mad.gif So I guess the solution is to enlarge the watermarks for important images exclusive to us.
Goldielock
can anyone tell me wat are the things the judges will judge on goldfish in aquarama? TIA smile.gif
The Matrix
these are confidential information and public members will not get to know.
RG got a vast information and pictures for various competitions and these might be good reference for your study.

any particular reason u wanna know ? Interestingly u have ask for Aquarama only.
bekko
You guys are lucky to have Aquarama there in your home town... Well, not luck I guess since it is there because of Singapore's long history of ornamental fish production. But, you are very fortunate. The biggest and best fish show in the world. Wish I could go.

-steve
The Matrix
QUOTE(bekko @ Mon, 27 Nov 2006 2:18 pm) *

You guys are lucky to have Aquarama there in your home town... Well, not luck I guess since it is there because of Singapore's long history of ornamental fish production. But, you are very fortunate. The biggest and best fish show in the world. Wish I could go.

-steve

Steve, most of the prestigous shows are still shown in USA or Europe. I wish I would fly over Florida or NY or Barcelona to attend speech by top businessman from top companies. peace.gif ... if I could get hold of a free ticket to CES USA 2007 in Jan as well ....

Dun feel bad, I know US also got pretty nice fish in individual club competition. Hope you can find a way to visit Singapore Aquarama 2007, if not China Aquaria 2008.
bekko
CES? Consumer Electronics Show? Only virtual fish there thinking.gif

Goldfish shows here are small and usually a side-show to koi. I'm in Hawaii so it would be same price to go Goldfish Society of America show as Aquarama. If I had the money, I would choose Aquarama.

-steve
desireless
Hi Steve,

If you can't come, we will bring Aquarama to you! hi.gif

Stay tuned and we will certainly post the pictures of the fishes biggrin.gif
goldrush
There are altogether 6 categories of goldfish which you can try to juggle to compe as depicted below

IPB Image

If you still can't decide....... just say the magic word

AQUA-CADABRA uhm.gif
pass
QUOTE(The Matrix @ Mon, 27 Nov 2006 9:37 am) *

Steve, most of the prestigous shows are still shown in USA or Europe. I wish I would fly over Florida or NY or Barcelona to attend speech by top businessman from top companies. peace.gif ... if I could get hold of a free ticket to CES USA 2007 in Jan as well ....

Dun feel bad, I know US also got pretty nice fish in individual club competition. Hope you can find a way to visit Singapore Aquarama 2007, if not China Aquaria 2008.

Hey Matrix where are these goldfish shows in the USA, if only I could attend a few .
goldrush
Wah it has been 2 months liao since last post on this topic and here are the latest update

First the entry fee is no longer $10 as stated above...reason probably due to GST:Goldfish Sucker Token biggrin.gif

Now it is $20 per entry!!! mad.gif

Now going thro the detail on prizes and trophies ,from what i can understand money prizes is given only to 3 categories,arowana,discus and Betta hmm.gif and not for all categories

Now looking at the entry fees arowana is highest at $120,$50 for discus and $20 for Betta(same as goldfish),so Betta would be the cheapest bet to get your money back laugh.gif Betta change strategy wacko.gif

Any comments?
The Matrix
Monetary rewards are sponsored by the related commercial entities not the organiser. Some trophies are also sponsored that comes with special designed logos but the standard trophies remains the same which is from the organiser.

I hope that the participants or simply public members do not question too much on the increase in fee. There are much complex issues than just GST such as location, duration etc. Well, Aquarama is still demanding lower fee than other international shows even we have the highest land rental cost.

Just groom the fish
and send down the fish for the show ...
or send the fish for the show down ...

I am expecting a spectacular show this year.
desireless
Wah... the cash prize for the 3 categories is very attractive! Few thousands sponsored. Wonder which commercial entity will be so kind to sponsor for goldfish? unsure.gif

No cash for goldfish never mind.... at least got trophy. Minimum go for the fun of it. wink.gif

But I do agree that $20 seems little too steep... sweatingbullets.gif My goldfish cheap cheap one leh.... Some don't even cost $20. Instead of sending 20, this time I will send... two hysterical.gif
goldrush
This time benching starts on a Tuesday and that is some 6 days in a home away from home for our fishes:hmm
Understand that Suntec aircon is also super cold in the wee hours of the mornin...wonder whether our "tropical acclimatised goldies"can withstand such climateric transformation unsure.gif

Any tips on getting our fish to battle harden themselves for the impending adverse condition

6 days 5 nights ICT(In -competition Torture) codenamed, "Operation Freezing Storm" laugh.gif

brace yourself for some casualties sweatingbullets.gif
goldrush
Following up with the above discussion,I have just noticed that the particular weekend is the start of our school holidays and that spells SIAO LIAO at the Suntec convention centre.(Not too sure wat other exhibition is concurrently held)Not much of trouble during benching in but bench out on Sunday is gonna be a real headache as we cannot possibly be seen carrying our bags of fishes through public transport can we?Things wouldn't be as easy as what we encounter at MGFC or the last Aquarama venue at Expo hmm.gif Any solution to the above "CLASH OF THE TITANS" rolleyes.gif
The Matrix
private car as per normal lah. Should hv enough parking lots. Benching in period is 2-4pm so parking fee hourly rate at $1.05 (new GST not adjusted yet). But since these are basement carpark, you will need to carry the bags of fish up to 6th floor by escalator or lift. Same for benching out.

The 6th floor cargo lift and cargo bay will not be open for public. You dun want your car to be wheellocked and smash by big containers.

If I not wrong, there is another show during the same period. So expect big crowd.

Anyway, a trolley will definitely be needed. Of course, my trolley will be available with a fee .... shiok.gif

Scare of cold condition ah ? Then train yr fish indoor with a chiller. biggrin.gif
goldman
Hi all,
Anybody patricipating or visiting Aquarama that is starting by next month. Many of my friends said that fishes and books available at time will be very costly, is it true. We all aill meet there in Aquarama.

Goldman
xxxx
desireless
Got a call today saying that I have not included GST in my cheque. Anyone also got a similar call from them?

It is stated that "GST (applicable to Singapore companies only)", naturally I assume that since I have left the "Company" column empty and I am not representing a company, the GST is waived?

IPB Image

IPB Image

Am I being argumentative?

biggrin.gif
KokiBali
No lah..... Usually, GST also applies to foreigners right? Since the form stated that GST applicable to Singapore companies only, I will do the same... biggrin2.gif
CP
Ya, received call too, was asked to write a $1 cheque.Smallest amount that I have written all my life.

Maybe I should issue a bounced cheque...........a bounced $1 cheque hysterical.gif
goldrush
Part of Murphy's Law: Whatever can go wrong will go wrong, and at the worst possible time including
GST

You never pay GOLDFISH SUPPORT TARIFF laugh.gif

Pay by cheque kenna CHEQUE-MATE hysterical.gif
desireless
Actually I am not complaining about the extra $1 GST - It is the extra hassle involved.

I mean, it is an erroneous form alright. I am more than willing to pay for the GST (tax) on top of the $20/fish. But if it was originally decided that all local (Singaporean) participants have to pay for this tax, then, they should have instead stated:
"GST (applicable to Singapore participants only)".

Then it would become obvious to me that I have to add this GST, regardless of whether I represent a company, or not.

I believe that they face the same problem with other categories as well.

I just found out that those who paid by Cheque and did not add this GST will be informed. Those who paid by credit card... well, since your card info is with them, they will add this GST cost when they charge your card.

Anyway the good news is, this coming Aquarama has the most participants ever for the goldfish category in its history. So we are likely to meet many goldfish hobbyists, local and foreign. good_very.gif
Charles Lam
I got a similar call too, ask me to pay $2.00 GST.
goldrush
QUOTE(desireless @ Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:57 pm) *

Anyway the good news is, this coming Aquarama has the most participants ever for the goldfish category in its history. So we are likely to meet many goldfish hobbyists, local and foreign. good_very.gif

Actually I thought due to the overwhelming response we may not get the total number of entries submitted.In the end anybody here got less than wat he submitted? rolleyes.gif
white horse T1
1) actually why don't the organiser collect from the prospective participants during benching in?

if they bring their fish already, i am sure they will not mind paying on the spot the balance.

ask pplp to send a $1 cheque or $2 is a waste of paper. even the stamp also cost 22cents already.

unless the organisers anticpated that there will be an over allotment of tanks bec of the need to pay GST, and that mass pull out is likely.

2) since the tel calls are to be made, i thought seeking the participants ' understanding first and ask them to pay during benching in is a better option.

3) and i thought an apology is in order for the boo boo made on the forms. GST for spore companies......hobbist are not Spore companies what.....

4) and why organiser cannot absorb the GST as goodwill then since the mistakes are made not by the particpants. why inconvienence the main stars of the show - fishes and the owners?

5) lastly i heard the person who call also not too professional, u need to pay GST , then we send the confirmation to u. means what if no GST payment , no confirmation form ah? :sad take it or leave it , we are oversubscribe anyway. this is the impression i gathered..... rolleyes.gif
CP
Received via email:

PRESS RELEASE 5 (APRIL 2007)

For Immediate Release

AQUARAMA '07 HEADING FOR MAJOR SUCCESS

As Aquarama enters the final straight and gears itself up for the first of its editions at the new venue, Suntec Singapore , reservations and competition entry forms continue to be received at CMP's offices.

Sales have gone exceptionally well, to the extent that there will be over 180 exhibiting companies from more than 20 countries at this year's event. This edition is also the first one to receive such a high level of official government agency participation, which includes: Sri Lanka , India , Indonesia , Malaysia , Thailand and Singapore .

The Country Pavilion situation, too, is looking very positive, with pavilions from Indonesia , Sri Lanka , Malaysia , Singapore and Ornamental Fish International (OFI).

Equally encouraging is the response to the pre-registration offer for trade visitors which has resulted in almost 800 pre-registrations to date, out of which 55% are of Asian origin and 45% from countries outside Asia .

With regard to the International Fish Competition, the response - which was expected to be very good anyway - is excellent. Every category has been enthusiastically supported, especially the Guppy, Goldfish and Dragon Fish categories. The response has been such that this year's competition will have a total of 1,500 tanks, with participants coming from India, Israel, Poland, Taiwan, Thailand, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Sri Lanka and (obviously!) Singapore itself.

Project Manager for this year's event, Doreen Lee is justifiably pleased with the way things are shaping up: "With nearly two months still to go, all the signs are that Aquarama 2007 is heading for a resounding success. The whole team at CMP Asia is therefore looking forward to welcoming old and new friends to Suntec Singapore ."

Full details relating to Aquarama 2007 - due to be held from 24-27 May - including all its subevents, are available on the AQ '07 website: www.aquarama.com.sg

CMP ASIA TRADE FAIRS PTE LTD

111 Somerset Road #09-07

Singapore Power Building

Singapore 238164

Tel: +65 67353366

Fax: +65 67389644
goldrush
A LFS I know is sending 22 fishes which include Thai source that produce this year Thai King Cup winner.

Hobbyists got chance???? flex.gif flex.gif flex.gif

thinking.gif

death.gif death.gif death.gif
desireless
And many many tunghoi fishes expected.... biggrin.gif I was expecting a "Tunghoi vs Tunghoi" finale for this Aqua-drama. starwars.gif

So guess what? Biggest winner is..... Tunghoi Aquarium. Why? Because their sales would have gone up a few folds.

But fret not... because "miracles do happen" nananana.gif

hysterical.gif
goldrush
Please take note that there will be a public seminar on related fish issues on the last two days of Aquarama when it is opened to the public.For goldfish lovers do not miss this golden opportunity to hear the expert from Tung Hoi(Mr Jackie Chan.....eh not the movie star lah)about his years of experience in goldfish keeping and maybe he will share how he created the legendary Bruce shiok.gif I have highlighted the tentative time of this talk so please don't ever miss!!!!!!!!

27 MAY 2007 (SUNDAY)

11.00am - 1145am Public Seminar on Dragon Fish
Dr Ling Kai Huat, Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore
12.00pm - 12.45pm Public Seminar on 'A New Feeding Regimen for the Dragon Fish'
Ocean Nutrition, Thailand
1.00pm - 1.45pm Public Seminar on Feng Shui
(Sponsored by Green Chapter)
2.00pm - 2.45pm Public Seminar on Water Gardening - Choosing a Water Feature
OASE Asia Pacific, Singapore
4.00pm - 4.45pm Public Seminar on Goldfish
Jackie Chan, Tung Hoi Aquarium, Hong Kong
desireless
JUDGING CRITERIAS

GOLDFISH

Number of fishes per entry : 1 fish

1. GENERAL APPEARANCE
CRITERIA DESCRIPTION
1.1 Hood Small-hooded types

Growth must be uniform on both sides of the head.

Large-hooded types
Head growth should be considerable and uniform.
Cheeks (Funtan), pronounced and uniformed on both sides.
1.2 Body Profile Curvature of the peduncle Smooth and pronounced. It should not be high and steep.
Smooth dorsal profile.
1.3 Health Fish is healthy with no sign of whitespot, anchorworms or argulus

2. COLOUR, PATTERN & FINNAGE

CRITERIA DESCRIPTION
2.1 Fins No hint of dorsal. Anal can be single but must be present.
Pectoral and pelvic fins must be paired and no bend
Caudal must be doubled, well angled with lower lobes covering the anal fins.
2.2 Colour Judge purely on attractiveness

3. SHOW QUALITY
CRITERIA DESCRIPTION
3.1 Deportment The specimen must be actively swimming without
undue loss of balance and grace
3.2 Size The bigger the better biggrin.gif
3.3 Unique or rarity Rare colour, colour combination, fins, eyes, nostril and others
goldrush
From the stringent criterias listed above I guess none of my fish qualifies to be show winner.

These are what I have to say:

Hood:Only Lan par hood.Anatomically left one lower than right.Unbalance one have!

Body profile:Jit kang jit koot(One hole,one depression)Meanderiing,undulating,ox-bow lake aplenty

Health: Hell lot of work to maintain its health at this moment with Murphy’s law lurking to exercise its presence

Fins: Short for Finished!!!!!Finish for us as well as for fish or both????? rusure.gif

Colour:Most of us feel

GREEN with envy
RED with anger
BLACK in face
BLUE in mood
WHITE with death
PINK not in health
YELLOW in cowardice

Deportment:Any illegal fish immigrants(not locally bred) or overstayers(imported) need to be deported for a better winning chance for us.

Size:Only our organs are measured to their sizes.Our fish are consider vestigial in length and size in comparison.Maybe our fishes are genetic variation called aberrations with a certain abbreviations.(Short forms)

Rarity/Uniqueness:Our grotesquely deformed mutants going through our excessive pumping and deliberate transformation are our only uniqueness and rare JAMMED(with food) ....sorry should be gem biggrin.gif

With just barely 30 days to go and heading for a home run,do expect more AQUA-DRAMA as we gear towards competiton.We certainly need a dose of AQUA-CADABRA(magic) to win anything from this compe.But take heart ,we will certainly win some friends and lose some fiends(I hope) along the way.

Happy preparing

Goldrush.
goldrush
As we enter through the final phase of our preparation for Aquarama,there is this uncanny uneasiness that prevail among most of us.We tend to lose more fishes within the last few weeks towards compe than the whole year round without a compe. shocking.gif shocking.gif shocking.gif

2 weeks are all we have now to pray for casualty -free period and hopefully the entrants will peak to prime in their own accord. prayhard.gif prayhard.gif prayhard.gif

Good luck

2 songs of relevance :

Don’t push it,don’t push it
Let it happen naturally
It will happen if it is meant to be…..

You can win if you want
if you want it you will win
nananana.gif
desireless
10 more days to bench-in... Aren't we excited? shiok.gif

I guess everyone is gearing up.
CHLeong
QUOTE(desireless @ Sat, 12 May 2007 2:06 pm) *

10 more days to bench-in... Aren't we excited? shiok.gif

I guess everyone is gearing up.

I am sure it is very exciting. I am watching....
Damo
I wish I could go to such an event. Can you please take loads of pictures and show us, foreigners, what we are missing !!!

Maybe I can organise one in Mauritius with the three people keeping goldfish .... a tiny room would be enough!
CP
Here's the pics of the event back in 2005.
http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...ic=2276&hl=
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.