Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New And Have Already Made Mistaks's
RafflesGold Forums > Misc Rumble Area > Newbie Issues / Say "Hi"/ Testing
paulcomet
Hi everyone, I'm in my 6th week now with my new 5' aquairium and already have myself in a mess. I was originally going to keep tropical fish and I bought a couple of comman goldfish to help the tank mature (I took bad advice from an "expert") and then I bought some platies and some blue gourami's. The tank now has 7 platy, 4 gourami, 3 comets, 2 chinese goldfish and 1 veiltail. The tempeture is at 74, has a good external filter, is decorated with live plants and bogwood. The fish have been in their together for 3 weeks and they all seem really happy, active and healthy. I know I shouldn't have mixed the fish but now that I have them I'd like advice on what to do to keep them all happy and what problems I may run into. By the way I don't plan on getting anymore tropical fish because I just love the goldfishes personality!
vakratunda
Glen Quagmire: "gigidy gigidy goo...awww yeah"
interestor
QUOTE(paulcomet @ Wed, 07 Feb 2007 5:51 am) *

Hi everyone, I'm in my 6th week now with my new 5' aquairium and already have myself in a mess. I was originally going to keep tropical fish and I bought a couple of comman goldfish to help the tank mature (I took bad advice from an "expert") and then I bought some platies and some blue gourami's. The tank now has 7 platy, 4 gourami, 3 comets, 2 chinese goldfish and 1 veiltail. The tempeture is at 74, has a good external filter, is decorated with live plants and bogwood. The fish have been in their together for 3 weeks and they all seem really happy, active and healthy. I know I shouldn't have mixed the fish but now that I have them I'd like advice on what to do to keep them all happy and what problems I may run into. By the way I don't plan on getting anymore tropical fish because I just love the goldfishes personality!

gourami is a NO NO with gold fish and platy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.