Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Water Changing Issues
RafflesGold Forums > Misc Rumble Area > Newbie Issues / Say "Hi"/ Testing
Titus
Post split from: Beginner's Guide To Goldfish Keeping

QUOTE(CP @ Fri, 04 Nov 2005 4:16 pm) *

12)I know, we must change water.But,since my tank is already cycled, why do I still need to change and how much?
We change water to get rid of nitrates,organic matters,replenish lost minerals and remove growth inhibitors.Try to keep nitrates below 50ppm,and you will have much lesser problems.Nitrates accumulates linearly,and partial water changes merely dilutes them.So we say massive water changes weekly.As a rule of thumb,change at least 80% (better still 100%) of your tank water for a stock level of 100L per fish which is fed 3 times a day.

Great Sharing Dude. Very informative. Thanks!

Just a question on WC. I am one whom love to do massive WC weekly. Can goldfish handle massive WC up to 100%?

Prior to goldfish, I am keeping Plecos and still keeping them. Had a few bad encounters of Plecos up the lorry due to massive WC. Thus my concern on massive WC. Care to share your WC routine?
CP
QUOTE(Titus @ Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:29 pm) *

Just a question on WC. I am one whom love to do massive WC weekly. Can goldfish handle massive WC up to 100%?

Prior to goldfish, I am keeping Plecos and still keeping them. Had a few bad encounters of Plecos up the lorry due to massive WC. Thus my concern on massive WC. Care to share your WC routine?

Yes, they can handle 100% change weekly,but ensure that water is well dechorinated and pH before and after the change does not deviate by too much.

I change 80% weekly.
Titus
QUOTE(CP @ Wed, 14 Feb 2007 11:01 pm) *

Yes, they can handle 100% change weekly,but ensure that water is well dechorinated and pH before and after the change does not deviate by too much.

I change 80% weekly.

Cool.. Thanks for sharing dude.

Do u age your water? Or add straight to the tank and add anti chlorine/chloramine?

I use a 5 micron industrial filter and add direct to tank. And usually add some seachem anti-chlorine/chloramine and a good dose of EasyLife.
desireless
Please make full use of the search function for the topic of on Aged Water

It has been mentioned MANY times that water aging is no longer an effective way of removing Chloramine in SG water.
Titus
QUOTE(desireless @ Fri, 16 Feb 2007 1:36 am) *

Please make full use of the search function for the topic of on Aged Water

It has been mentioned MANY times that water aging is no longer an effective way of removing Chloramine in SG water.

Noted. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.