Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Collapse Greenwater
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
mountain
my green water tub collapse today ... the water was brownish instead.
couldn't see any improvement in my fish lei, the period was too short.. darn..
altough the GnG dud did retain his red color (unlike its mates in the filtered tank )and the headgrowth on the oranda seems to have grown slightly bigger.

maybe i fed too much bloodworms .. darn ..

bah! mad.gif back to square1. btw, happybuddha, how did the fishless green water project progress? any luck? or too buzy playing with your 4ft tank?
Seacucumber
brownish?? hmmmm.....check carefully for gill flukes...
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(mountain @ Sat 28 Feb 2004 10:40 PM)
bah!  mad.gif back to square1. btw, happybuddha, how did the fishless green water project progress? any luck? or too buzy playing with your 4ft tank?

Whoops. I forgot to redo it. I'll get down to it again soon.

my green water tub collapse today ... the water was brownish instead.

Kekeke. Your green water did't collapse. The water turns brown because one of your fish is sick. Was the ammonia level high again? Due to your relatively weak lamp, you may need to change the water a day or two earlier to keep the ammonia level down. The water may not get very intense but it's still beneficial so long as the ammonia level is kept as low as possible. A collpased green water turns lightly green (suddenly) when it was intensely green. Stir and blend the water and it'll turn intensely green again but... you know they're already dead. cry.gif
mountain
yei, i dip my ammonia alert into the water and it reads alert.
i doubt the fish is sick, i reckon its the weak lamp becaz the kitchen no longer lights pp when i trrn off the lights (the (x) issnt working becaz i am posting this at mcdonald!!). i did prchase a new lamp last evening to replace thogh.

the 2 fish do look alright on close external examination. already shold have replace the lamp eariler bt i keep pshing it away.. darn.
CyberET
brown green water is an indication your fish is sick smile.gif do consider treating your fish for gill flukes as andy recommended
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(mountain @ Sun 29 Feb 2004 09:50 AM)
yei, i dip my ammonia alert into the water and it reads alert.
i doubt the fish is sick, i reckon its the weak lamp becaz the kitchen no longer lights pp when i trrn off the lights (the (x) issnt working becaz i am posting this at mcdonald!!). i did prchase a new lamp last evening to replace thogh.

the 2 fish do look alright on close external examination. already shold have replace the lamp eariler bt i keep pshing it away.. darn.

Dee ah.

It's known that green water that turns brown is an accurate indicator that your goldfish is sick. In your tub's case, I bet that's caused by stress when the ammonia level shot up. Treat the fish in salt bath and followed by 0.5% for a week. wink.gif
mountain
yei, u are right. both duds started showing signs of some infection this morning. the ranchu has some redness on its lower lips, the weaker oranda doesn;t seems too energetic.

on the other hand, its sooo cool to see green poos these 2 days.. laugh.gif first time see my own duds have green poos, used to envy greenpoos only in competitions..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.