Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tung Hoi Fishes
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
goldrush
富如东海 寿比难山

This original Chinese saying : May one’s prosperity be as vast as the eastern seas and your longevity be compared to the southern mountain has been modify to depict a more profound meaning to serve as a warning for those who are competing in the upcoming Aquarama.

It reads:

Abundance(Goldfish Availabity)at Tung Hoi gives your ranchu(including all other species of goldfish)an insurmountable task to overcome a difficult mountain.
Here are some of Tung Hoi’s fishes that may grace this upcoming competition.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

flex.gif flex.gif flex.gif

Perhaps this saying is of utterly relevance for your deepest and utmost contemplation now

自己自比 百战百胜

doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif
The Matrix
shouldn't it be 知己知彼,百战百胜。
goldrush
kekeke my chinese horrigible blush.gif

Anyway I change it to "you compete with yourself before you can win many battles"
white horse T1
QUOTE(goldrush @ Thu, 22 Mar 2007 2:43 pm) *

自己自比 百战百胜

doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif

QUOTE(The Matrix @ Thu, 22 Mar 2007 6:10 pm) *
shouldn't it be 知己知 彼,百战百胜。

真 是 自己 留 鼻 (彼)血!
desireless
哇兰。。。让我读到blur去 wacko.gif

Corrections:
1) 如东海,寿比
2) 知己知彼,百战百胜
3) 鼻血

====

Language aside... the fishes are really cool! I love that white ryukin with black spots. Apart fromt he special colour, the body shape is superb too! How I wish it retain the Tunghoi signature of red patch at the top of the head
goldrush
I purposely change the words to give another twist to the meanig as explained by the bold letters without changing the pronounciation of the whole sentence biggrin.gif

original saying

福如东海,寿比南山
becomes

富如东海 寿比难山
goldrush
Given the bleak competitive scenario

the saying 自己自比 百战百胜

should be further modify to

自己自比 败战败胜

You are left to compete only with yourself for you will fail in any battle and fail to succeed in every endeavor.

hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif
The Matrix
hahahahaha .... why the fear over Tunghoi. We have also good and very superb fish from Thailand. I always look upon a good challenge from the Thai side. Also for years, fishes from other China farms are as good and hv took a few seats in the top notch competition. Somemore these few years, fishes coming from Indonesians are taking away some shares.

Lets look at 2005 results again ....

The result .... in term of Country of origin of the fish

Ranchu - Thai, China, China
Pearl - Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Oranda - Thai, China, Thai
Dragon - China, China, China
Ryukin - China, China, China
Open - China, China, China

China fish still a dominating force when comes to goldfish.
Those in blue are coming from 1 particular source. Got money, got fish.

Let's see from the color of the fish ...

Ranchu - RW, Bk, RW
Pearl - RB, RB, RB
Oranda - RB, Bk, RB
Dragon - RW, Bk, RB
Ryukin - RW, RW, Ca

Oh well, like I said before, size is not the final factor. Big fish might not win.

您怕黑吗 ?

Know the enemies first ....
gerrard8
cool..but with the never say die attitude sure will succeed wad.. good_very.gif good_very.gif
goldrush
wleow.gif wleow.gif wleow.gif

RG members' fish hardly cross $100 per piece.Some even cheaper than entrance fees hysterical.gif of $20...how to fight with $XXXX fish from so many reputable sources.

People playing at EPL(Extra Power League),we only playing at S - league(as in ASS league) siaoleow.gif
The Matrix
I dun believe RG regulars are at the lower rank formation. Woodlands Wellington against Chelsea FC ?
Many world class players are from formerly junior clubs. Its how they are groom to be the best.

My most ex fish less than $80 ... u hv a few pieces that is as good. One member won few prizes with $2 fish ... show the big spenders what u got, not wat u fear.
jimcity
便宜不是贱。
Cheap is not despicable.

Cheap Goldfish are not born as their wish to be "cheap" but they are breed to be cheap.
Expensive Goldfish are born with their expensive blood line and breed to be expensive.

Cheap Goldfish breed to be expensive = 10% sucessful
Expensive Goldfish breed to be cheap = 100% sucessful

This mean it is almost 100% depend on the breeder himself to decise the fate of their goldfish. It is not depend on how much you buy.

To buy a champion is easy but to be respected as a champion is much more fulfil.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.