Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie Setting Up Tub
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
domho7
Hi Gurus

I am thinking of getting a tub so can start keeping top view ranchus.

Would like you guys recommend what size tub, filtration, etc to start with. smile.gif
CyberET
hehe just as hun said... just aeration with low stocking levels, frequent water change.. and if possible.. green water? smile.gif
HappyBuddha
Get a guppy brand tub in blue. Quite a few LFS sells it (lobang).

If you can't afford frequent water change, at least install a couple of guppy brand (again!?) sponge filter.

IPB Image
Seacucumber
yup...buy two of the sponge filter....
water shallow shalllow....change water every 3-4 days.....
low stocking levels....and WALA......a top view ranchu tub!
void
QUOTE(g-string @ Mon 01 Mar 2004 07:58 AM)
yup...buy two of the sponge filter....
water shallow shalllow....change water every 3-4 days.....
low stocking levels....and WALA......a top view ranchu tub!

sorry to ask.... how shallow is the shallow? thanks...
CyberET
at least cover a few inches of the sponge filter, or else the sponge filter won't be effective smile.gif i'm not so fussy about water depth.. since the max depth the guppy tub can fill is around 1ft
HappyBuddha
If you do get the Guppy Sponge, try finding a LFS that sells it at a reasonable price. The lowest I know is $4.50 at TPY while another place ask for $12! $5-$6 is the norm.

Anyone else need just the replacement sponge? I saw recently at AquaStar in Yishun the replacement is just $2! Damn cheap man. Oh, it's not the original Guppy brand sponge but a similar one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.