Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pet Provision Thai Ranchu
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
Seacucumber
went Pet Provision at Changi Road this evening with my friend hunting for his Motoro ray....but ended up buying this girl for myself.....its a thai....about 4 inch...

IPB Image
domho7
Nice catch there. good.gif
void
very nice although there is a slight uneven on the back arc... i wonder if the back arc will grow smoothly overtime? unsure.gif
white horse T1
QUOTE(g-string @ Mon 01 Mar 2004 10:52 PM)
went Pet Provision at Changi Road this evening with my friend hunting for his Motoro ray....but ended up buying this girl for myself.....its a thai....about 4 inch...

bro gstring
i am jealous, u seem to have unlimited tank space....like buddha, allan, and many others ?

every time i buy, i ve think of where to quarantine, which one of my existing ones have to go somewhere else.
void
QUOTE(whtan1 @ Tue 02 Mar 2004 11:11 AM)
bro gstring
i am jealous, u seem to have unlimited tank space....like buddha, allan, and many others ? 

every time i buy, i ve think of where to quarantine, which one of my existing ones have to go somewhere else.

you can buy those cheap tumbler... and buy more air pump loh... i'm doing it currently... tongue.gif

but now must buy more tumbler becos my fries are getting bigger as days passes by... hmm.gif
LASERGUY
bro gstring

Wah lau, can buy one of those Toyogo tub lah, use it as storage for your barang barang, then can double-up as QT when you buy new fishes lor... Think most of us are doing this wat....
mountain
no lah.. got ppl buy 4ft tank one okay .. dun play play happydance.gif
white horse T1
QUOTE(LASERGUY @ Tue 02 Mar 2004 05:30 PM)
Wah lau, can buy one of those Toyogo tub lah, use it as storage for your barang barang, then can double-up as QT when you buy new fishes lor... Think most of us are doing this wat....

but asethetic wise, not too nice right?
buy fish and put in toyogo tubs all over the house.
the appreication value abit discounted if taking the total household asethetics as the benchmark .

won't the house look like a LHS with tub all over ?
home minister complain like mad with only one main tank and one QT.
i ve to hide the two plastic ones and 2 pails i used to transport and store water for changing
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(void @ Tue 02 Mar 2004 09:35 AM)
very nice although there is a slight uneven on the back arc... i wonder if the back arc will grow smoothly overtime?  unsure.gif

My limited experience with keeping small ranchus till they're quite large now shows it's difficult to smoothen an uneven back. In fact, one of the ranchu now has a new kink that wasn't there when it was small in size. sad.gif
HappyBuddha
bro gstring

The trick is not to find more space but to find new friends and get them interested in goldfish. You'll then generously give them "swee swee" ranchus to encourage them to pick up the hobby. Heck, if you're desperate enough, buy them a new tank and accessories so they can't have any excuse not to pick up the hobby.

But hor, I suggest you don't teach your friends too much and especially introducing him to RafflesGold.com ah. See lah, now Allan no longer wants my "swee swee" goldfish anymore when I could past him fishes I no longer like. Kekeke.

When you run out of frens to give your goldfish away, try attacking your mother's friends too. I know someone sucessfully did that not once but a few times. biggrin.gif I was so happy for him.
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(whtan1 @ Tue 02 Mar 2004 07:01 PM)
but asethetic wise, not too nice right? 
buy fish and put in toyogo tubs all over the house. 
the appreication value abit discounted if taking the total household asethetics as the benchmark .

won't the house look like a LHS with tub all over ? 
home minister complain like mad with only one main tank and one QT.
i ve to hide the two plastic ones and 2 pails i used to transport and store water for changing

Won't lah. Actually all the toyogo tubs makes you look like a serious goldfish keepers. Your friends will believe you when you speak goldfish. Heck, didn't you watch GnG's show on CNA and see how wee yap's house looks like? There are so many containers of different sizes and shapes I envy him.

Oh, teach the babies at home how to swim first.
void
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Tue 02 Mar 2004 07:08 PM)
My limited experience with keeping small ranchus till they're quite large now shows it's difficult to smoothen an uneven back.  In fact, one of the ranchu now has a new kink that wasn't there when it was small in size.  sad.gif

okay... so based on your experience, how big (to be safe) should we buy ranchu? i mean at what size they will no longer be transforming their back? tongue.gif
Seacucumber
i am using a 1 ft tank for quarantine......
total, i have 2 x 2ft tank, 1 x 4ft tank and 1 x green water guppy tub....tats all.... biggrin.gif

planning to get a toyogo tub for quarantine in my own house also....
CyberET
QUOTE(void @ Tue 02 Mar 2004 08:14 PM)
okay... so based on your experience, how big (to be safe) should we buy ranchu? i mean at what size they will no longer be transforming their back?  tongue.gif

hehe.. above 3inch should be fairly safe.. but goldfish constantly grow and change one ah, depending on how u raise it.. u want super safe.. then 6 inch and above tongue.gif

hehe.. i gave away 10+ gfs to my mom's friend wink.gif

1 4ft green water tub, 1 green water guppy tub, 1 2ft display tank with crap fishes (those inside r fishes waiting to give away), and 9 1ft quarantine tanks.. laugh.gif
caster
QUOTE(g-string @ Tue 02 Mar 2004 09:40 PM)
i am using a 1 ft tank for quarantine......
total, i have 2 x 2ft tank, 1 x 4ft tank and 1 x green water guppy tub....tats all.... biggrin.gif

planning to get a toyogo tub for quarantine in my own house also....

brudder u are not too bad...hehheehe.... my home really looks like a LFS...

kekkekekeke

I have the following

Tanks:
2 X 4ft cabinet
3 X 3ft
2 X 2ft
2 X 1.5ft

Tubs:
5 X 3 X 1 (FG) -----1pcs
3 X 2 X 1 (blue plastic tub)-----1pcs
2.5 X 1 X 1 (Toyogo)-----2pcs
2 X 1.5 X 0.5 -----1pcs

Basins:
White enamel 18" X 1

And all fill with Goldfish (80% ranchu) hahahahha... and I am still buying...
CyberET
*faint* who help u do water change? your maid?
HappyBuddha
Wow lau eh... caster... I think we have to declare you as the champion leow.

champion.gif

There's a bro here, who shall remain annoymous, who used to have over 70 (seventy) tanks and that was when he was a kid! I bet he's a spoilt brat! Dun get angry with me hor, you freaking ang shua moor! biggrin.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(void @ Tue 02 Mar 2004 08:14 PM)
okay... so based on your experience, how big (to be safe) should we buy ranchu? i mean at what size they will no longer be transforming their back?  tongue.gif

smile.gif CyberET pretty much explained clearly leow.

I just want to add that, IMO and I'm betting that, this ranchu will have a serious problem as it grows up. That small kink just milimeters above the tail joins will develop into a big kink. Becoz of that, the fish won't grow much longer while everything else such as the tails and the eyes will be bigger and out of proportion. But of course if that slight kink now is actually a photographic distortion of the real fish, then no such problem leow.
caster
QUOTE(CyberET @ Tue 02 Mar 2004 11:23 PM)
*faint* who help u do water change? your maid?

wahahahahahhahh..... use to train my maid to do that when I am away for business trip, but after that last trip which was 2 weeks, 3 of my tanks have problem (sick ranchu)....wah lan eh...........

Now I have no maid, (fire my old maid, heheheh, not due to water changing issue) and now I change the water myself sad.gif

It is indeed very siong, so good filter and water parameters is very important to me.

I need about 1.5hr to change 50% water for all the tanks. and I do that twice a week...hehehhehehe...

I am considering giving away some of not so nice fish, kekkeke.... but definitely nicer than HB's demekins tongue.gif ....just joking
void
currently, me using...

6 of 140 X 50 X 40 cm tanks

3 of 120 X 50 X 40 cm tanks

1 of 100 X 50 X 40 cm tank

1 of 100 X 40 X 40 cm tank

3 of 60 X 30 X 30 cm tanks (quarantine tanks)

plus various sizes of tubs, tumblers, containers... as long can put water, will be a fish container leow... wink.gif
Seacucumber
QUOTE(void @ Wed 03 Mar 2004 05:26 PM)
currently, me using...

plus various sizes of tubs, tumblers, containers... as long can put water, will be a fish container leow...  wink.gif

wah lanzzzzzzzzz
beg1.gif ozeki.gif champion.gif beg2.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(void @ Wed 03 Mar 2004 05:26 PM)
currently, me using...

plus various sizes of tubs, tumblers, containers... as long can put water, will be a fish container leow...  wink.gif

Hey, I noticed your tank's sizes are not like those sold locally. Ours are by inches.

No wonder the feet of aquarium lamps are usually adjustable to fit slightly different width of tanks in different countries.
CyberET
lai ah lai.. who else here opens fish shop? biggrin.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(CyberET @ Wed 03 Mar 2004 07:05 PM)
lai ah lai.. who else here opens fish shop? biggrin.gif

I have one 2 feet tank. Got too many fishes inside. I tell you, my tank really look like those in LFS.

biggrin.gif
Seacucumber
hehehe....i have another 15 pcs of betta tank.... happydance1.gif
CyberET
woah.. filled with betta or goldfish? biggrin.gif
Seacucumber
hehehehe....

EMPTY laugh.gif

in my storeroom.....

wahahahahahahaha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.