Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Budo Koromo Ranchu
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
goldrush
Budo means grapes in Japanese. It is a very rare variant of a Koromo(a variety of koi which literally means robed). The effect on the Hi(red) is that one gets clusters of blue and black which create a distinct purplish grape like hue.

This is a classique budo koromo

IPB Image

Now imagine a Budo on a ranchu...........what would you get???

Here is one of the rare find of the day.Hardly crossing one inch,this fish has a major tear on the left of its tail but because of its unique coloration,I was too tempted to purchase despite the obvious tear wacko.gif

This is the head on view

IPB Image

This is a topview

IPB Image

An excellent side profile

IPB Image

This is going to Aquarama wink.gif

smoke.gif smoke.gif smoke.gif

In the year 2009if it is still alive showoff.gif

1st.gif
goldrush
Manage to buy a buddy for the above....a normal full red but a real high goose head clap.gif

IPB Image

This is how it looks sideview

IPB Image

A close up view of its pronounced goosehead at this tender age

IPB Image
apungcool
Nice coloration doc. good_very.gif I am curious that you also have showa ranchu, if yes pls show us the pic beg2.gif

Regards
goldrush
QUOTE(apungcool @ Thu, 10 May 2007 9:37 am) *

Nice coloration doc. good_very.gif I am curious that you also have showa ranchu, if yes pls show us the pic beg2.gif
Regards

kekekekeke I also looking for one Showa ranchu

Perhaps something like this............................ shiok.gif shiok.gif shiok.gif

IPB Image
Damo
Very nice doc. I saw a ranchu like that in a shop, but the ranchu was white with a red back when it was received. After a few weeks, there is black covering the red. I thought that the ranchu was healing from some kind of disease. Should I get it??? Is the black colour temporary?
goldrush
QUOTE(Damo @ Thu, 10 May 2007 12:36 pm) *

Very nice doc. I saw a ranchu like that in a shop, but the ranchu was white with a red back when it was received. After a few weeks, there is black covering the red. I thought that the ranchu was healing from some kind of disease. Should I get it??? Is the black colour temporary?

If the same original fish received has no black and develops some black marking,chances are that it is stress related or recovering from a recent bout of infection.This discoloration is transient so you will be disappointed that it will disappear over a very short period of time.
goldrush
Meanwhile i share with all this topview pic of the goosehead ranchu

IPB Image

Not too bad a body structure isn't it??? rolleyes.gif

And finally uploaded a short video of the two from the topview yes.gif

TokyoRanchu
Beautiful colouration.

Good find.

Matt
CP
QUOTE(gerrard8 @ Fri, 11 May 2007 9:42 pm) *

bro,this gold looks nice..how much u paid for it?and where u buy from?

Hope you dont mind but kindly refrain from asking the price of purchases in public, thank you.

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...ic=2329&hl=
apungcool
QUOTE(goldrush @ Thu, 10 May 2007 12:43 pm) *

kekekekeke I also looking for one Showa ranchu
Perhaps something like this............................ shiok.gif shiok.gif shiok.gif

Kekeke....She already have a motogoro but still she need a good menware to be a good showa nananana.gif

Regards,
chochiss
nice fishes doc
goldrush
Barely 3 weeks into my keeping,my BUDO has made me BODOH(stupid) blush.gif

Seelah

from this

IPB Image
to this

IPB Image

longpia.gif longpia.gif longpia.gif

But meanwhile his buddy has grown into this

crazy.gif

IPB Image
CP
My goodness so this budo koromo strain does not exist after all! Nothing but merely goldfish exhibiting stress marks. mad.gif

Called melaphor or something like that...........cant remember.

Same frust experienced when our so though apaches turning full red. longpia.gif
shishirkamat
Hi Doc,
You have the ability of turning around simple fish into handsome once,what are your water change and feeding regime,was curious to know
with warm regards
Shishir kamat
chandramerpati
Hi Doc,

Really regret to see the color-changing. :sad

Btw, regarding the second fish, is it a female?
If yes, I do think she is a good seed to be bred.
Nice shape, nice tail, nice wen, nice coloration, and looks healthy.
Congrats Doc. good_very.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(shishirkamat @ Wed, 06 Jun 2007 12:44 am) *

Hi Doc,
You have the ability of turning around simple fish into handsome once,what are your water change and feeding regime,was curious to know
with warm regards
Shishir kamat

Thank you for your nice comment.These two fishes have been kept indoor since arrival.They are fed some 5 times aday on dry feed alternate with some paste food.I do water change twice weekly.

doc

QUOTE(chandramerpati @ Wed, 06 Jun 2007 12:42 pm) *

Hi Doc,

Really regret to see the color-changing. :sad

Btw, regarding the second fish, is it a female?
If yes, I do think she is a good seed to be bred.
Nice shape, nice tail, nice wen, nice coloration, and looks healthy.
Congrats Doc. good_very.gif

hi.gif Like to share what it didn't turn out to be(I advocate transparency rolleyes.gif ).This is just a case of shedding of its juvenile discoloration.Was abit disappointed by the speed of its loss.Infact within a week upon its arrival,its melanophores just simply degenerate........ ohmy.gif

As for the second fish,didn't notice its sex yet. rusure.gif
CP
QUOTE(goldrush @ Wed, 06 Jun 2007 10:35 pm) *

This is just a case of shedding of its juvenile discoloration.

Yo doc I dont think its a case of shedding juvenile discoloration.Too old for that.
More like a case of black shades due to stress, like the one here
bekko
This paper is a little difficult to read, but discusses color changes and when they can happen.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/picrender...mp;blobtype=pdf

-steve
goldrush
QUOTE(bekko @ Thu, 07 Jun 2007 2:44 am) *

This paper is a little difficult to read, but discusses color changes and when they can happen.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/picrender...mp;blobtype=pdf

-steve

Thank you steve for the above paper on genetic and color depigmentation in goldfish

For the benefit of those who finds the paper difficult to digest,here is a concised version

You need a double recessive genes for the goldfish to retain its juvenile melanophores throughout their life.The initiation of depigmentation is controlled by a series of genes.When dominant genes are in the homozygous condition(represented by HH),complete depigmentation occurs within a year.Heterozygous condition(represented by Hh) takes longer depending on the number of dominant genes.The higher the amount,the faster the depigmentation.Finally it would only take the condition of a double recessive genes(represented by hh) for your fish to retain its juvenile color throughout its life.

So cp I'm sure the above fish decides to depigment,probably due to its dominant genes being catalytically activated by a sudden change in environment or water conditions.Certainly not a case of melanophore migration that is stress related or recovering from a bout of recent infection.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.