Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tips On Keeping Goldfish Color From Fading?
RafflesGold Forums > Misc Rumble Area > Newbie Issues / Say "Hi"/ Testing
jayhui
Hi, first thanks for reading my message.

I am a beginner at keeping goldfish.

I want to know what is the best way to keep the goldfish color from fading away, lets say ammonia, nitrate ,nitirate are all 0. I know green water is probably the best but is not for me.

Does anyone have any good tips?

thanks
CP
Best to have wall algae tank, or feeding vege such as duckweed or spinach, last resort colour enhancing food.
xrtg
QUOTE(CP @ Sun, 27 May 2007 12:28 pm) *

Best to have wall algae tank, or feeding vege such as duckweed or spinach, last resort colour enhancing food.

CP, is it ok to feed them green peas all the time?
CP
Green peas not as staple, but as supplement.Staple food should be pellets.
xrtg
Thanks CP.
dragonhart
try Saki-Hikari fancy goldfish pellets- colour enhancing diet. This has a special formula that enhances the red while prevents the white from turning yellowish(white tainted with red...).
But u must First keep your water clean before u can see the results(probably 2-4 weeks time). i keep my water clean by changing 100% every 4-5 days and keep the bioload low....i am keeping 2X 2-inch ranchus in a standard 4 feet tank. No matter how good or expensive your filter is , U Must change water...i am using only a sponge filter($5.00 a pc one)...with such regular and massive water changes, there is no need to have a very good/expensive filter.

Keep the water clean, the goldfish will eat, grow well and be healthy...
Water is most important, after clean water then we talk about good food, , colour enhancement, health, etc.
Finnally, it is good to put a PL light to do some sun-tanning and grow some algae (a very nutritious food: high protein and full of essentials vitamins...)

QUOTE(jayhui @ Sun, 27 May 2007 11:09 am) *

Hi, first thanks for reading my message.

I am a beginner at keeping goldfish.

I want to know what is the best way to keep the goldfish color from fading away, lets say ammonia, nitrate ,nitirate are all 0. I know green water is probably the best but is not for me.

Does anyone have any good tips?
thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.