Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Be Gone Argulus!
RafflesGold Forums > Misc Rumble Area > Newbie Issues / Say "Hi"/ Testing
namrfigk
hi

1) what is the best way to remove argulus (fish lice) besides dimiltin? i bought ocean free copper safe but it's pretty useless as the lice was still alive even after i placed it in a spoon of copper safe. LOL
2) do i have to minimise water changes after copper safe is added?
3) is this a long term medication?
4) its strange how fish lice is prevalent in my tank when i change 20% of my water every 2 days. blush.gif
5) lastly, will hydrogen peroxide dip or pp bombing do the job?

regards,
goldrush
Dear namrfigk

Besides dimilin,you can try organophosphate based products for argulus and anchor worms.Perhaps the next best available treatment.A good product should be Trichlrofon/Trichlorocide(Argent Lab).It was readily available at Aquarama booth.Very cost effective.
Copper products are not effective against macroparasites so dont waste your money on it!
Both pp and H2O2 are equally ineffective to control their population

Here's wat it looks like .Recommended a few bros here at Aquarama.

IPB Image
namrfigk
even though im singaporean and singapore is a city state, i have not visited every nook and cranny of this small red island. so pardon me for asking where is Aquarama?

comparing dimilin and Trichlrofon/Trichlorocide(Argent Lab) which gives faster results? roughly how much do each cost?

and could u post a pic of dimilin in case i buy the wrong drugs at the pharmacy.

your help is greatly appreciated
goldrush
Which part of Singapore are you from?

Aquarama is not a place but our recently concluded aquarium trade and fish competition show

You can't get demilin at pharmacy but only at selected fish outlet

Demilin is the safer bet with high tolerance and effectiveness.More pricey of course
namrfigk
oh.. so do the clementi outlets have these medication?

im living at bukit merah.
namrfigk
Does the pet mart in Qian Hu farm have dimilin and/or Argent lab products? Just asking so I wont make a wasted trip during the weekends.

And I know what you meant by Aquarama not being a shop but an event.

Product Review / Innovations - Good Bye To Good Buy?, Argent lab products By: goldrush
Other Fresh & Tropical Fish / Planted Tanks - In: Aquarama 2007 By: CP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.