Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How To Select Quality Oranda
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
eddie
I've seen some brother shares on how to select ryukin and ranchu. But for me as novice i would like to know how to select quality oranda.

Hope you brothers out there can share with a mr.novice like me. beg2.gif beg2.gif beg2.gif
Seacucumber
hmm....i try to help hor....
hehhe.....
maybe its a combo of ranchu and ryukin...
for oranda, choose one with short body....erected dorsal, luscious tail, and good headgrowth.....if one that can fit the above discription, its shouldn't be a ugly fish....

hope the above helps.....
biggrin.gif
HappyBuddha
I like to know too! mad.gif

Anyway, sis Kingyoo has kindly provided a link to an article on good oranda.

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...findpost&p=3913
void
i would say that Tung Hoi produce the best orandas... their tails very unique... not too long and thick thick... very extremely swee... but the price hoh... damn expensive... at least 5X than normal good oranda.... mad.gif
eddie
QUOTE(void @ Thu 04 Mar 2004 09:31 AM)
i would say that Tung Hoi produce the best orandas... their tails very unique... not too long and thick thick... very extremely swee... but the price hoh... damn expensive... at least 5X than normal good oranda....  mad.gif

where is tung hoi
Seacucumber
QUOTE(eddie @ Fri 05 Mar 2004 11:48 PM)
where is tung hoi

CHINA biggrin.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(eddie @ Fri 05 Mar 2004 11:48 PM)
where is tung hoi

http://www.tunghoiaquarium.com/
Inxs
QUOTE(eddie @ Thu 04 Mar 2004 01:45 AM)
I've seen some brother shares on how to select ryukin and ranchu. But for me as novice i would like to know how to select quality oranda.

Hope you brothers out there can share with a mr.novice like me.  beg2.gif  beg2.gif  beg2.gif

For me, I prefer oranda to have a much bigger and heavier head than body.So that when it swimming across the water the body movement is extremely great compare to the head.

Note: the body should not be in inclined position.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.