Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Small Ranchus (svr)
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
MachoRanchu
Hi bros. Finally took a mugshot of my 2 favourite ranchus. Both females. Open to all comments. sweatingbullets.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
namrfigk
I prefer the first fish for its overall roundness, though the 2nd fish has better cheek growth.
MachoRanchu
QUOTE(namrfigk @ Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:09 am) *

I prefer the first fish for its overall roundness, though the 2nd fish has better cheek growth.

Wow spot on. The 2nd pc's wen growth is quite prominent compare to the 1st pc. Have them for 1 mth plus, started off at the same size and now the 2nd one is outgrowing the 1st. Could it be genes?
gohks
1st one has better finage and feature, unfortunately is a runt yes.gif
namrfigk
is the 1st pc less "greedy" than the 2nd pc? if no, then could be the gene factor. hysterical.gif
MachoRanchu
QUOTE(gohks @ Mon, 11 Jun 2007 4:08 pm) *

1st one has better finage and feature, unfortunately is a runt yes.gif

That's interesting. Does it mean it's stunted in growth? ohmy.gif Nevertheless will still give her the best care. yes.gif

How to tell from the picture...would like to know more. Thanks in advance.
MachoRanchu
A short clip of my ranchus during feeding. The one on the left is the pc with the better finage. Maybe bros here can confirm if its indeed a runt. Need to learn more. Next time can be more precise when choosing ranchus.

white horse T1
QUOTE(namrfigk @ Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:09 am) *

2nd pc has double chin. the reason why it has better cheek growth bec it is a lionchu in the making.
check out doc piece. here. see if it grow up like that when bigger

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...c=3701&st=0

did u just change water or just finish feeding? the fishes like grasping air in the tank like mad
desireless
QUOTE(MachoRanchu @ Mon, 11 Jun 2007 6:12 pm) *

That's interesting. Does it mean it's stunted in growth? ohmy.gif Nevertheless will still give her the best care. yes.gif

How to tell from the picture...would like to know more. Thanks in advance.

Runted means it will not grow very big genetically.

Forrest has more info of it here
MachoRanchu
QUOTE(white horse T1 @ Mon, 11 Jun 2007 9:59 pm) *

2nd pc has double chin. the reason why it has better cheek growth bec it is a lionchu in the making.
check out doc piece. here. see if it grow up like that when bigger

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...c=3701&st=0

did u just change water or just finish feeding? the fishes like grasping air in the tank like mad

Woah...I really wish mine can hit this size! Thanks for the interesting insight white horse bro. Gives me more drive to take care of these babies. peace.gif

The clip was shot while they were feeding. The food I give are all floating types, hence the reason they're at the surface. sweatingbullets.gif
Kinder
my 2cents ....they look overfed.

cut down on pellet food, give more bloodworm and alike as part of their diet...from my own personal experience i prefer newbies to feed more organic/natural diet e.g. bloodworm, than processed pellet food...its hard and can contribute to their bad health (indigestion..leading to internal infection)

though iam still a newbie....but perhaps senior could shed more light ...if they have experience it.

also prefer sinking pellet...for ranchus

kinder
MachoRanchu
QUOTE(Kinder @ Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:17 am) *

my 2cents ....they look overfed.

cut down on pellet food, give more bloodworm and alike as part of their diet...from my own personal experience i prefer newbies to feed more organic/natural diet e.g. bloodworm, than processed pellet food...its hard and can contribute to their bad health (indigestion..leading to internal infection)

though iam still a newbie....but perhaps senior could shed more light ...if they have experience it.

also prefer sinking pellet...for ranchus

kinder

I rotate between hikari oranda gold pellets and hikari freezed dried bloodworm. Actually I only feed once a day and the most 2-3 times on weekends. They usually can finish all in 2 mins. Sometimes they'll fast on Monday depending on my mood biggrin.gif

Why sinking pellet is better for ranchu? Reason i feed floating pellets is because I have some gravel in my tank and if the pellet isnt eaten and got stuck in the gravel, it will rot. unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.