Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question On Bb And Wc
RafflesGold Forums > Misc Rumble Area > Newbie Issues / Say "Hi"/ Testing
nookie83
Hi,

I'm new in this goldfish hobby and currently waiting for my new 3.5x2.5x1 ft tub to cycled (planning to keep TVRs, damn excited). But i got a few doubts on 80%-100% water change as i have never dare to try out on my existing comm tanks.
I understand if my tub is establised, BB exists on the walls of my tub and my sponge filter. But if i do a 80% or 100% water change...won't that kill all by BBs? I understand i got to remove my gfs first and i need to add anti chlorine to my water after i fill up my tub with my hose (from the pined article in this forum). During the process of filling my tub...i would presume the chlorine would have killed those BBs. Is there any another recommended way? Or establised BBs can still withstand BBs for a certain time till i add anti chlorine?
Btw, any recommended place to scout for TVRs? TVRs are normally keep in tubs in the LFS right?

Thanks!
The Matrix
QUOTE(nookie83 @ Mon, 11 Jun 2007 2:06 pm) *

Hi,

I'm new in this goldfish hobby and currently waiting for my new 3.5x2.5x1 ft tub to cycled (planning to keep TVRs, damn excited). But i got a few doubts on 80%-100% water change as i have never dare to try out on my existing comm tanks.
I understand if my tub is establised, BB exists on the walls of my tub and my sponge filter. But if i do a 80% or 100% water change...won't that kill all by BBs? I understand i got to remove my gfs first and i need to add anti chlorine to my water after i fill up my tub with my hose (from the pined article in this forum). During the process of filling my tub...i would presume the chlorine would have killed those BBs. Is there any another recommended way? Or establised BBs can still withstand BBs for a certain time till i add anti chlorine?
Btw, any recommended place to scout for TVRs? TVRs are normally keep in tubs in the LFS right?

Thanks!

if u so scare, then fill a bucket of water and put your sponge filter in it before draining water lor. after filling and applied anti-chlorine then put back the filter lor. simple isn't it ?

anyway, the wall dun hv much bb lah. why scare wat bb die, heart pain ah ? ... fish die u more heart pain or not ah ?
nookie83
hey thanx for the suggestion. blush.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.