Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sonny's Ranchus
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
Sonny
Normally I look down on the fish in my horse trough outside so today I pulled the Ranchu to check on them and get some pictures.

Enjoy! peace.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
small_ranchu
They look superb.... really chubby and cute. I like all of them biggrin.gif
Sonny
Thanks Fred. smile.gif
d_golem
Hey that last ranchu is very nice!
RANCHU86
edit
goldrush
Rare to find such beauties in a faraway land like the US.

They must be horsing around happily in your horse trough.How big is a horse trough?(Sorry for asking,we dont have horses here except for the turf club biggrin.gif )Any filtration or just natural brewed green?Color look amazingly good for all that carry the reds. good_very.gif
Sonny
QUOTE(goldrush @ Wed, 20 Jun 2007 7:33 pm) *

Rare to find such beauties in a faraway land like the US.

They must be horsing around happily in your horse trough.How big is a horse trough?(Sorry for asking,we dont have horses here except for the turf club biggrin.gif )Any filtration or just natural brewed green?Color look amazingly good for all that carry the reds. good_very.gif

Thanks goldrush. I've had them all for a year or more but I'm pretty sure they originated in China. smile.gif Except for the first one which came from Japan. My horse trough is really more elaborate than it sounds. It hold about 275 us gallons, has two bottom drains and a mechanical and trickle filter. Here's an older picture:

IPB Image
tomo21
extremely impressive trough (sounds wierd i sound like a farmer hysterical.gif ) may we get a pic of the inside ?
Damo
I don't understand how I missed this topic. Too buzy at work....

I really like the color of these SVR. They are so bright with beautiful headgrowth. How big are they??
Sonny
QUOTE(tomo21 @ Mon, 13 Aug 2007 4:53 pm) *

extremely impressive trough (sounds wierd i sound like a farmer hysterical.gif ) may we get a pic of the inside ?

Hi Tomo... hopefully this gives you an idea. It's a picture from when it was first set up before water. You can see the bottom drains, two returns at either end on the back and the skimmer and overflow in the center on the back.

IPB Image

QUOTE(Damo @ Mon, 13 Aug 2007 11:20 pm) *

I don't understand how I missed this topic. Too buzy at work....

I really like the color of these SVR. They are so bright with beautiful headgrowth. How big are they??

Thanks Damo. I haven't really measured them. I would guess the bigger ones are roughly 7 inches. Sadly, the Lionchu passed about a month ago. It happened so quickly, her belly kept swelling and she died. sad.gif She was amazing how fast she grew. When I first got her she was only half the size of the bigger red and white ranchu. I guess she was a shooting star.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.