RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
domho7
IPB Image
HappyBuddha
Wah! 6-red. biggrin.gif

Just kidding.

You need to tilt the fish a bit more; now looks like a hunch back. sad.gif
desireless
I think it is a bit long. And it would be better if there is a drop curve near the tail... The curves in the photo looks a little guai guai.. Sorry hor... tongue.gif

But maybe the photo angle is no good. Can you show an exact side view so we can see better for fair comment?
The colour is very unique good_very.gif I think colour-wise, it is very beautiful. If both side same then it will be very good for breeding.
CyberET
mai angry hor..
hump back... sad.gif
domho7
Eh tks for comments.
HappyBuddha
Ouch. That's your first ugly fish... and this is a complement to your usually excellent ranchu selection skill. yes.gif
Seacucumber
QUOTE(CyberET @ Thu 04 Mar 2004 11:38 PM)
mai angry hor..
hump back... sad.gif

of Notre Dame??
nice colour though....
do be sad, i buy ygly fish from time to time also... happydance1.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(g-string @ Fri 05 Mar 2004 08:26 AM)
do be sad, i buy ygly fish from time to time also...  happydance1.gif

You too?

Why do we do that? With practice we can usually pick the right one. I need a clear mind when selecting a fish. Rushing it often makes me overlook some finer points. This, of course, is why I refuse to wait out at the LFS or farm for their new shipment that they will be releasing at a specified time. The number of hunters also waiting and making their quick kill will not allow me to stalk my fish at a leisurely pace. mad.gif
void
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Fri 05 Mar 2004 08:42 AM)
You too?

Why do we do that? With practice we can usually pick the right one.  I need a clear mind when selecting a fish.  Rushing it often makes me overlook some finer points.  This, of course, is why I refuse to wait out at the LFS or farm for their new shipment that they will be releasing at a specified time.  The number of hunters also waiting and making their quick kill will not allow me to stalk my fish at a leisurely pace.  mad.gif

but if we are not gan cheong... all the good ones will be taken leow... hmm.gif early birds get their worms first...
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(void @ Fri 05 Mar 2004 08:52 AM)
but if we are not gan cheong... all the good ones will be taken leow...  hmm.gif early birds get their worms first...

I got one simple belief; what is yours... will be yours. kang cheong also no use. dili dali take own sweet time... it will be there waiting for you.
white horse T1
QUOTE(CyberET @ Thu 04 Mar 2004 11:38 PM)
mai angry hor..
hump back... sad.gif

what is "hump back"?

teach me leh... i tot not bad what...
LASERGUY
QUOTE(whtan1 @ Fri 05 Mar 2004 05:51 PM)
what is "hump back"?

teach me leh... i tot not bad what...

If this fish is a ryukin then this is considered the a near perfect back hump. Unfortunately, this is a ranchu which the backarch should raise gradually from the head toward the tail and drop downward sharply when it reaches the tail area forming an angle of 45deg between back and tail....
desireless
Yes, agree. Just like the black ranchu on LASERGUY's avatar. You see a gradual rise 2/3 of the body (from head), then the curve drop quite acutely 1/3 body length towards the tail. The meeting point between the body and tail should not be too low too. Such that there is 45 degrees to both sides of the meeting point. Especially the tail side, best if it points 45 degrees up.
HappyBuddha
Controversial attachment ... biggrin.gif

Just who is right?

Sigh.

IPB Image
CyberET
eh, your drawing egg and the ranchu egg pointing different direction biggrin.gif
white horse T1
QUOTE(LASERGUY @ Sat 06 Mar 2004 12:38 AM)
If this fish is a ryukin then this is considered the a near perfect back hump. Unfortunately, this is a ranchu which the backarch should raise gradually from the head toward the tail and drop downward sharply when it reaches the tail area forming an angle of 45deg between back and tail....

thank u sifu. and thanks for the on-hand selection tip.
better than reading.

saw the blacky at straits. i still prefer my deceased blacky.
imho side view also so-so.
charging at $130....ouch....
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(CyberET @ Sat 06 Mar 2004 10:50 AM)
eh, your drawing egg and the ranchu egg pointing different direction biggrin.gif

That drawing is from a Japanese published book.

The "egg" (actually a comb) is thus pointing to the correct direction.

But many of us prefer the other direction as shown by the fishes in the pic.

Chim boh? biggrin.gif

IPB Image
CyberET
no understand
the book shows the egg point one direction
but those fish used as example all pointing wrong direction.. biggrin.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(CyberET @ Sun 07 Mar 2004 02:19 AM)
no understand
the book shows the egg point one direction
but those fish used as example all pointing wrong direction.. biggrin.gif

Precisely my point. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.