Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Poor Little Pearlscale
RafflesGold Forums > Misc Rumble Area > Newbie Issues / Say "Hi"/ Testing
ember
K well i have had my pearlscale for about 3 weeks now, and know nothing about him, since my current hobby has been keeping bettas, and just recently have i gotten different fish cause my friend gave me his tank for free with the fish. Since recently moveing him into a different tank he has gotten constipated, or what i think is constipation cause he hasnt pooped and is just sitting and sliding along the bottem, n in the betta world lol that would go along as being swim bladder... and i dont know how to treat this in goldfish, he is also like hyperventalating and i dunt know if its do to the filter or what... otherwise his back fins have been basically biten off by the other fish in which i thought wouldnt attack him, since then he has been alone tho, and i do have him on a bit of melafix for the fin damage. Someone please help:( Thank you.
desireless
Looks complicated. hmm.gif

Please be kinder to the poor goldfish. Keep a goldfish in a goldfish tank. Your goldfish is sickly and having fin rot. The betta are nibbling away the dead tissues as food or something.
ember
I didnt have him in with the betta'z.. i know how vicious they are since i have 13 of the things, origonally he was in with a pleco, cory cat n a tetra who started at the eating of his fins, and since then he has been moved into his own tank on his own, but yeh does anybody know what to do about the constipation?
simliangyi
QUOTE(ember @ Tue, 17 Jul 2007 3:17 am) *

I didnt have him in with the betta'z.. i know how vicious they are since i have 13 of the things, origonally he was in with a pleco, cory cat n a tetra who started at the eating of his fins, and since then he has been moved into his own tank on his own, but yeh does anybody know what to do about the constipation?

frankly speaking i dont think betta would really go disturb your fish. They are not at all aggressive to all fish.. I think you really need to read up b4 starting this hobby. Please dont give up and read to clear your doubt. Thanks.
desireless
There's hardly a medical condition as "constipation" when it comes to goldfish. Basically, goldfish just eat and poop. biggrin.gif Has it been eating? When was the last 100% water change? Is your tank cycled? What is the reading for the perimeters like pH now?

Obviously it is not well but need more info on the fish's condition. Is the "hyperventilation" characterized by rapid mouth/gill movement, like this:
http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...ost&p=41175

Or simply breathing faster than normal?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.