Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Keep Less Than 5ph
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
Inxs
what will happen if i keep goldfish in tank less than 5ph for more than 2 months with no water change, just adding in 5litres of water every 3 to 4 days?
CyberET
a stunted, stressed, weak, sick fish? unsure.gif
void
err... should be ok if you put bio bacterium... biggrin.gif
HappyBuddha
osaka ranchu
mountain
your tank will overflow.
Inxs
QUOTE(mountain @ Fri 05 Mar 2004 03:05 PM)
your tank will overflow.

--See, there is a heater in my tank. water drop by 2 to 3 mm each day. Until the day 4 I can just top up the tank to the height I mark there, about 10"height.

--Yes! there is bio ring in my tank. after a few week, which I am no sure, the water turn to light green color but very, very clear. I am not sure also if I am suppose to change the cotton in the filter. because I don't see any shit in it. not even in the tank. Am I right to say that there are so many bio bacteria in the tank, that eat up all the shit? Sorry! actually I do see dust in the cotton but very fine type, very different from last time kind of shit mass. Imagine I can house a 3 ft tank with 15 Goldfish ( avg 3" in size)

I am just not sure am I suppose to change and clean up the tank? But really look clean to me, oh not even any algea can be found.

--Not osaka ranchu, it only "singapore cutted" type.

--Sick and stress. definitely not this hungry pigs.

IPB Image

IPB Image
HappyBuddha
faint.
Inxs
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Sat 06 Mar 2004 08:28 AM)
faint.

Actually ,Goldfish are very hardy fish. This morning I measure the PH of the tank, around 4.8PH. Wonder why/how come it get sick easiler in higher PH. hmm.gif
HappyBuddha
Sifu,

First you turned a polar bear into incredible hulk.

IPB Image

Now you turning a goldfish into Batman?

champion.gif
mountain
Sifu,

any of the fish got split or torn tails??
Inxs
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Sat 06 Mar 2004 10:41 AM)
Sifu,

First you turned a polar bear into incredible hulk.

User Posted Image

Now you turning a goldfish into Batman?

champion.gif

Friendly! I bought this fish 2 months back because it have a very black mushroom head so much so it drop down at edge and nicely cover half of the eye. Then slowly there is this uneven orange line open up in between. At first I too thought it is "head hole" sickness.

Now it look more like a flower to me. laugh.gif See how mushroom turn into flower. good_very.gif
Inxs
QUOTE(mountain @ Sat 06 Mar 2004 11:04 AM)
Sifu,

any of the fish got split or torn tails??

No torn tail. that why I bring up this to see if any one know more of keeping goldfish in low PH.
CyberET
low PH the slime coat all no more.. prone to parasite disturb neh
Inxs
QUOTE(CyberET @ Sat 06 Mar 2004 11:13 AM)
low PH the slime coat all no more.. prone to parasite disturb neh

Let say "Slime coach" is for fish in high PH because they need it to prevent decease. No! no! should not say like this. hmm.gif let me think......
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(SMART @ Sat 06 Mar 2004 11:36 AM)
Let say "Slime coach" is for fish in high PH because they need it to prevent decease. No! no! should not say like this. hmm.gif  let me think......

Be careful sifu. Don't think too hard. It's very stressful and no good for your health.

I put in simple hokkien england for you. When pH is high, the protective slime coat will stay to protect the fish. You imagine hor. In lemon juice (the pH is about 1 to 2), you think the coat will stay or kenna wash away leh? Wash away? You're so smart. That's why we always squeeze pure lemon juice for you to drink. Helps you clear your throat and stomach of slimey scumbs, you know? When you pang dio, you feel the tingling sensation right?
Inxs
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Sat 06 Mar 2004 12:57 PM)
Be careful sifu. Don't think too hard.  It's very stressful and no good for your health.

I put in simple hokkien england for you.  When pH is high, the protective slime coat will stay to protect the fish.  You imagine hor.  In lemon juice (the pH is about 1 to 2), you think the coat will stay or kenna wash away leh?  Wash away?  You're so smart.  That's why we always squeeze pure lemon juice for you to drink.  Helps you clear your throat and stomach of slimey scumbs, you know?  When you pang dio, you feel the tingling sensation right?

Anyway I change water already. Still wonder what will happen if I continue on that. hmm.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(Sifu @ Mon 08 Mar 2004 12:04 PM)
Anyway I change water already. Still wonder what will happen if I continue on that. hmm.gif

Hiyah, 2 months only and you waste water leow?

I understand 4 months no water change is okay, you know? mad.gif
CyberET
use chemipure, forever no need change water ah! biggrin.gif
Inxs
QUOTE(CyberET @ Mon 08 Mar 2004 01:58 PM)
use chemipure, forever no need change water ah! biggrin.gif

I did add water mah!
Actually I wanted to wait until I see the first dead first. rolleyes.gif
Inxs
QUOTE(Sifu @ Mon 08 Mar 2004 03:29 PM)
I did add water mah!
Actually I wanted to wait until I see the first dead first. rolleyes.gif

If PH is the concerned, I can still do what I am doing and raise the PH by using some chemical "PH raiser" powder What do you think?
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(Sifu @ Mon 08 Mar 2004 03:38 PM)
If PH is the concerned, I can still do what I am doing and raise the PH by using some chemical "PH raiser" powder  What do you think?

pH Raiser?

DAMN IT. I have seen LFS selling them but I don't know what they are for except they are very expensive.

My fren here in RafflesGold.com always tell me to use Baking Soda from NTUC Supermarket. Cheapskate people.

Argh!! mad.gif

Sifu, you DON'T listen to them hor. Stylo milo branded ones are better. No water change EVER gauranteed!

IPB Image
HappyBuddha
But be careful... got one evil bro almost made me get this kinda of Baking Powder. Royal brand not so good! good.gif

IPB Image
Inxs
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Mon 08 Mar 2004 04:30 PM)
pH Raiser?

DAMN IT.  I have seen LFS selling them but I don't know what they are for except they are very expensive.

My fren here in RafflesGold.com always tell me to use Baking Soda from NTUC Supermarket.  Cheapskate people.

Argh!!  mad.gif

Sifu, you DON'T listen to them hor.  Stylo milo branded ones are better.  No water change EVER gauranteed!

Thank! will start looking before it drop back below 5 again. This time I will wait for 3 months than I change water. good_very.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.