Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Development Of My Ranchu
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
hermanto
Hello hi.gif
Just want to share how amazing is the development of a ranchu!
This one was born in August 06.
Picture 1 and 2 was taken at December 06.
Picture 3 and 4 at March 07.
Picture 5 and 6 at June 07.
Now it is 18cm in length and has laid eggs many times biggrin.gif
I am planning to make my ranchu-line from this female, do you think it is the right course to take? Input and critics are welcome. Thanks.

Regards,
Hermanto

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
d_golem
Bloody hell that's one niiiiiice ranchu. And less than a year old!!!! That kind of growth can't be replicated where I live good_very.gif
small_ranchu
Holy cowww. (Actually I should say, holy fish. ) it's very nice and growth rate is very fast as well. congrats man.. I bet you are going to get a lot of good offspring from this piece.
egwinh
dear hermanto,

it's good svr, can see his parents ?

rgds,
goldrush
Very impressive growth rate and a giant in the making.If she can past her GENES to her offsprings,you may initiate a Monster Cable......my mean line good_very.gif
d_golem
Just wanna add, that ranchu got the most perfect scalation I've ever seen. Very uniform and like a medieval chain mail. Impressive!
bekko
Very nice SVR, hermanto. The perfect scales caught my eye too. We can even see some of your secret weapons in the background shiok.gif

-steve
hermanto
Thank you for your responses, I am very happy blush.gif
Below is the tree lineage of the fish (though not complete)
The Granpa (bought)
IPB Image

The Granma. The body mass probably comes from this gene.
IPB Image

The mother
IPB Image

The father
IPB Image

And for Mr Steve, this is my place: second floor biggrin.gif Come in when you have time to Indonesia!
IPB Image
small_ranchu
wow, this is the kinda setup I am dreaming about..
jimcity
QUOTE(hermanto @ Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:11 am) *

Thank you for your responses, I am very happy blush.gif
Below is the tree lineage of the fish (though not complete)
The mother

The father

Hi,
Is the mother father brother and sister? unsure.gif
healthy goldfish
shiok.gif wow one beautiful ranchu
chandramerpati
I must admit that I admire p Hermanto.
He was one of my sifu at the beginning of my hobby back on 2 years ago. yes.gif
We almost spend everyday on SMS talking and discussing about goldfish. biggrin.gif
hermanto
Thank you all,
Yes the mother and father are brother and sister. At that time, my ideal is to re-make the grand father (which some friends question whether it is a svr or tvr). That's why my culling results in fishes more like the grandpa. The grandpa's gene is also more dominant, because it was a lot older than the grandma. (I conclude that the older fish' gene is more dominant when married to a younger fish, is this true?) But you know, idealism changes. I used to think the grandpa was an ideal fish, but now I think it lack the curvature, too long, and too slim (not enough body width). This is what I try to change in the current fish.
Mr Chandra is a close friend. We enjoy talking about goldfish almost everyday. If no sms for a singgle day, it feels awkward biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
I hope I can show the offspring of this ranchu in the coming week if possible.
Sincerely,
Hermanto
egwinh
dear hermanto,

i was noticing the background of your goldfish photo....

may i know the name of your city in indonesia...

rgds,
fafaho
Wow..... imagine how much time you spent on them ! You did a amazing job !!!!! yes.gif
hermanto
may i know the name of your city in indonesia...

I live in Surabaya, East Java. Are you familiar with this city?

QUOTE(fafaho @ Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:56 pm) *

Wow..... imagine how much time you spent on them ! You did a amazing job !!!!! yes.gif

I wake up every morning at 4 or 5 o'clock and do all the job alone up to 6 before sending my children to school and going to work. Then taking a little of my lunch time to go home and feed the fish, if possible.
peter porker
Hermanto...you have very nice specimens and your setup makes full use of whatever that is free to bring out the best in your fish.

Most of us here live in bird cages and space is a premium for us.

I just came back into the hobby after taking a year long hiatus and already, I had to think for 40 days and 40 nights as to where I should put my tank and what other space I can make available for future expansion. Recently, I was offered some nice fish but I had to hem and haw and had to reject them eventually because of space limitation. Obviously, you don't have this headache! You even have space to put fish inside a clay bird bath! Impressive! biggrin.gif

I am looking for the day when I can own a piece of landed property or a penthouse with a rooftop garden so that I can do something like yours! biggrin.gif

However, property prices dictate that I must wait for a couple more decades before I can do that.

Hey, but then, I will be posting over here, telling the next generation that 'I will wake up at 4-5am alone, everyday to feed my fish etc etc till 6am before leaving for work and sending my children to school.' biggrin.gif

Regards,
Hermann
xrtg
wow that's a nice setup. smile.gif how i wish i had the space for it. btw i love the grandpa very very much.
hermanto
Haha, how greedy are humanbeings. I already think that my space is too small. And the water and electricity cost too high. Now I must constantly sell some of my fish in order to prepare space for the newborn. And I hate to stop breeding because of lacking of space. I wish I could live in a rural village where water is abundant and land is cheap. Different case, same concern, same wish.
Grandpa is lovely. He lived long enough and was no more.
Wish all our wish come true,
Hermanto
xrtg
grandpa no more? sad.gif how old was he when he pass on?
hermanto
Granpa was about at least 3 years. My guess is 3.5 years and his stomach got swollen. Still full of appetite, but I have no heart to see his condition like that. So ... sad.gif sad.gif I did what I must do.
hermanto
Updates:
Friends, this morning I took pictures of the fish from above. Oh, I love her very much! Feels like holding something … well, what’s the word … full of muscle?

IPB Image

IPB Image
chandramerpati
Its full of EGGS!!
shiok.gif shiok.gif shiok.gif
eros904
Hermanto,

Very nice set-up. Can you explain how u did your filtration(blue containers)? Water coming in from the bottom? Filter media?

Thanks
hermanto
Hi Eros904,
the pump is in the pond. It is connected to the blue container through pipes. The pipe goes down to the bottom of the blue container up to 10cm from the bottom. I fill the blue container solely with bioballs. Eight to ten thousand bioballs for a container. So the water flow starts from the bottom of the container and goes upward until it reach the exit tube. By doing this, all the water must interact with the bioballs in its movement upwards. The debris will settle down in the bottom of the container, that's why I put a drainage in the bottom of the container.
The blue container is actually an ink container used to transport industrial ink.
Regards,
Hermanto
vikram
excellent ranchus.... keep up the good work.

Vikram
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.