Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Development Of A Cheap Ryukin
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
goldrush
hi.gif

Here's one of my cheapo Calico ryukin bought somewhere in April from Mainland at $15.00

Here's the video of the fish when it was first bought

I must admit that the fish was not so promising then that I never even bother to post for forum's appreciaton

Today some 3 months later we can see some improvements(I hope).

It has a beautiful finnage and tail without any crisp, an erected dorsal,a pair of equal double anal and so vivid coloration

Time to happydance1.gif happydance1.gif happydance1.gif
small_ranchu
wow amazing, i have to say whatever you touch the piece become gold.

Please share your way of fish keeping... PLEASE . thank you.
CP
The tails, though a bit high in my opinion, turned out beautifully.Bell shaped when viewed from rear. good_very.gif

QUOTE(small_ranchu @ Thu, 26 Jul 2007 7:19 pm) *

Please share your way of fish keeping... PLEASE . thank you.

Hello small ranchu,
Not sure whether you've read this:
Goldrush's ten commandments of goldfish keeping
small_ranchu
Oh yeah, I've seen that and follow the guide line too. But I believe GR must have special secret. Look at the growth rate in 3 months, it's superb, man.. smile.gif
goldrush
Dear small ranchu

There is no secret formula.My fishes are all kept in different setup system and not just one system.I believe I have wrote and show in one of my threads.Let me just elaborate on the system which this fish was kept

1)Indoor with only 2 hours of morning sunshine
2)kept in FGT 600 litres together with 7 other fishes(the three telescopic,the three black ranchus which I measured against the wooden model and the unique colored ryukin) with 30% change of water every Tuesday and Friday
3)Nitrates reading below 20 achieve through purigen absorption and regular water changes
4)Fish are fed 5 times a day auto and manual
Manual feeding consist of homemade paste food
These indoor fishes are not fed with any bloodworm/tubifex or any other live food at all.
Believe me also that these fishes are not even fed with any ALGAE at all but I have incorporated into my paste food cyclop-ezee 20%by weight as a color enhancer.

Not all fishes I touch will turn gold,perhaps I will write in another thread the FLOPS OF GOLDRUSH to show I'm not that infallible.

There is no perfect system and there is no one system.You must find one that suit your practice whether is indoor or outdoor.Let your fish do the talking and let human do the mocking (if any)
small_ranchu
4)Fish are fed 5 times a day auto and manual

Most of the facts are pretty similar to what I have. But I can't feed more than 3 times a day. Then the fish turn upside down. I guess I am feeding too much.
GlassGoldfish
Dear Mr. Goldrush:

I've been working on some homemade paste foods, but some of my fish don't seem to think it's very tasty. I've made it with:
-canned pumpkin
-spirulina powder
-fresh mustard greens-blanched
-broccoli
-fresh kale-blanched
-flaxseed oil
-adult high-potency vitamin
-acidophilus tablet
-gelatin

Would you be so kind as to reveal the formula for your paste food? Thanks for your time and dedication! beg2.gif
goldrush
You can get some ideas here

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...p;hl=paste+food

Get any commercial brand of pellet of your choice to start as your base.(This probably solve your problem concerning palability)
Gelatin sucks as it leave too many remnants and fish tend to spit in disgust!
Gelatin which is agar base reminds me a media for bacteria cultivation,so it may not last long in our humid climate,maybe longer in your country laugh.gif

Experiment with your own concortion....Remember let your fish do the talking(Watch them grow!)
Kinder
Doc any special reason you dont feed live/frozen bloodworm, tubifex in your mentioned indoor setup?

Also looking forward to your "FLOPS OF GOLDRUSH" think that will bring about a balance and people might get a more clear picture.
goldrush
QUOTE(Kinder @ Fri, 27 Jul 2007 6:44 pm) *

Doc any special reason you dont feed live/frozen bloodworm, tubifex in your mentioned indoor setup?

Also looking forward to your "FLOPS OF GOLDRUSH" think that will bring about a balance and people might get a more clear picture.

For the simple reason that I got a biofiltration.Now this is a concentration camp of both good and bad bacteria.Worms(live or frozen)carry alot of harmful bacteria so it may cause unnecessary outbreaks in time to come if they are allowed to congregate in this area.

Give me some time for inspiration and getting the relevant pics in writing a FLOPPY assignment. rolleyes.gif
xrtg
wow that goldfish turn out really good smile.gif congrats.
reddelta
Hi
Well Done!! That's a lot of improvement!
especially the development of solid black pigment. beg2.gif

Regards,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.