Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Feeding Earthworms To Goldfish
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
Chinmo
Hi guys! Do u guys feed earthworms to your goldfishes? how to prepare the earthworms pior to feeding goldfishes? beg2.gif
bekko
I have heard others say that they squeeze the "earth" out of them first and do not feed that part. Others have said that the put them in corm meal for a day to purge them first. I just chop them up right out of the ground and feed everything.

-steve
egwinh
from my experience dont do any gourme for your goldfish food. doing anything fancy is just creating potentional problem, hikari pallets is more than just enough to keep goldfish happy. the most important thing is healthy balance goldfish....and good water qualit management
Chinmo
QUOTE(bekko @ Tue, 31 Jul 2007 1:10 am) *

I have heard others say that they squeeze the "earth" out of them first and do not feed that part. Others have said that the put them in corm meal for a day to purge them first. I just chop them up right out of the ground and feed everything.

-steve

Mr steve, may ask what is corn meal? for feeding birds? or are those cereal cornflakes? blush.gif

Do u feed earthworms to your goldfish often? do u see any difference in goldfish that was fed earthworms and those not? sweatingbullets.gif
bekko
I guess corn meal is a yankee thing. It is finely ground corn used for baking corn bread. Any type of meal that is the consistence of sand would probably work the same.

I feed earthworms to adults that I am trying to entice to spawn. I don't know why, but it does seem to help. Digging earthworms and chopping them up is too much trouble for anything other than special spawners.

-steve
Chinmo
Mr steve, is the corn meal white in colour? i found what we have in singapore is name"corn flour" ingredients is 100% corn powder... blush.gif
bekko
It can be either yellow or white. I think you want corm meal that has the texture of coarse sand and not a flour with the texture of fine powder. If the texture is correct, I do not think it matters if it is corn or another type of grain (wheat, rice, etc..

-steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.