Ranchu - $15 at some fish shop at serangoon pet district
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
$1 pearl at Toa Payoh hometown

IPB Image
IPB Image
bennibrave
Hi all experts, What do u think about my Oranda??

Is my ranchu up to standard?? What kinda of name do u give for this ranchu with this colour??

Does my pearl look fine??

Btw I just started feeding my fish Hikari lionhead mixed with hikari wheat germ
Damo
I am definitely not an expert, but I can say that I really like the colour of the ranchu. The red line on its back is nice. From the first picture, it seems that the angle of its tail is too acute.
Damo
d_golem
The Oranda is so-so, I think.

The ranchu is quite nice, and the angle of the tail is certainly not too acute. In fact I think it's ideal for an SVR. Why do you think it's too acute, Damo?

As for the pearlie, very cute. Dunno bout the standard but it seems to have very even set of scales and a nice round body.
bennibrave
QUOTE(d_golem @ Fri, 17 Aug 2007 2:57 pm) *

The Oranda is so-so, I think.

The ranchu is quite nice, and the angle of the tail is certainly not too acute. In fact I think it's ideal for an SVR. Why do you think it's too acute, Damo?

As for the pearlie, very cute. Dunno bout the standard but it seems to have very even set of scales and a nice round body.

Hi hi thanks i agree e Oranda is normal but i like its uniform color, body size and headgrowth, hope the head will get bigger in time as i feed 4 times a day now and double my water change schedule from once a week to twice a week.

Whats acute?? I think the tail looks quite short and it would be ideal if its a bit longer...
i not really sure, perhaps a bigger side view picture is needed??

and bro s what color is my ranchu?? well i choose this one because it has a nice egg shape, strong back and it has a unique color... top full yellow stripe and white body and yellow fins..

Hi hi ; )

How long do pearls take to grow into the size of a mandrain orange, mine is the size of a lime ball u find at hokkein mee stalls hahaha.
well i was lucky to find nice pearl goldfish at LFS in Toa Payoh. The shops i know of are at Lor 1 market groud floor and opposite the Toa Payoh Library across the road u will see a market > check out the few blocks that are nearby.. u should find 2 shops LFS

I cant pm don know why ..
Damo
I read somewhere that the ideal angle between the body and the tail should be 45 decrees. Acute means it is less then 45 decrees.
Damo
bekko
Need a side view photo. I don't think the tail angle is less than 45 degrees. More like 70 to 80 degrees. 'Acute' means less than 90 degrees.

-steve
bennibrave
i don think so... e top view photo i take slanted a bit cause i don want a reflection, hmm maybe that s why, i try to take a better photo k . ;))

cheers ... xDDD
bennibrave
This is a bigger pic.
IPB Image

lol hysterical.gif happydance1.gif
Smithy
Actually, from the top view pictures, the ranchu looks very good. Its not exactly right from the top though, so I can't really tell.

1. caudal peduncle looks very thick. Very rare. If the caudal peduncle is as wide as the head, without any other flaws that is, what you have is a champion goldfish.can't quite see how thick it really is though.
2. Very smooth back, so thats good.
3. Does the fish point downwards when its just floating? I don't like that. Fishes with backs that curved usually do that. I like them to stay straight when just floating.
4. very nice colour.
5. tail fin seems fused together into one tail. Thats not good, but unless you want to send it for competition, I would not quite mind. Tail fin should be split down the middle. $15 ranchus are usually like that.
6. How many anal fins does it have? $15 ranchus also tend to have only one anal fin.

For $15, I think thats one helluva find. All my $15 ranchus are of lesser quality.
bennibrave
Hi nice to hear from u ...the ranchu u see in the picture actually swims and floats steady steady one in a balanced way. It doesnt really point down unless its looking for food haha.

Ya the tail is fused togehter... hehe didnt know this criteria existed ..thanks man i learn something new again.

Ya it was a good find ...i think its better from top view cause e back is all red color in a straight line.
It anal fin is
Anyway i just brought 2 fatty pearl goldfish $3 each ...one purple and one orangeblack super nice , 3 ranchus from qian hu junior small ones thought sakura color...$12 $12 $4

And also one pure white buffalo head juinor ranchu from Fish City at $15

so exited will post mre pics when i stabalize very thing

Hope i can rear these to become beautiful big and fat ranchus
I saw so many fish ...its really a nice trip man. ; )))

lol my oranda ate too much and have problems swimming properly.. sometimes its like capsize and will float on the surface etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.