Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dolphin Overhead Filter Powerhead
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
desireless
Hi just anyone tongue.gif

I just got a Dolphin overhead filter from a friend. Problem is he dismantle the whole filter and now it is in parts. I don't know how to set it up with the parts. He gave up the hobby 2 years ago so he forgot how to install back liao.

Anyone who owns such filter and is washing the filter can kindly take a photo of the inside and post here?

Gam xia deep deep wink.gif
buz2xsr
QUOTE(desireless @ Mon, 08 Mar 2004 4:16 am) *

Hi just anyone tongue.gif

I just got a Dolphin overhead filter from a friend. Problem is he dismantle the whole filter and now it is in parts. I don't know how to set it up with the parts. He gave up the hobby 2 years ago so he forgot how to install back liao.

Anyone who owns such filter and is washing the filter can kindly take a photo of the inside and post here?

Gam xia deep deep wink.gif

hi ser...i just bought 2 dolphin overhead filter will take pictures of it and pm'ed it to you hope its the same design that you just got...
desireless
Thanks. I have long forgotten about this topic biggrin.gif

If you have the schematic diagram, then that will be great.

For me, actually I had it working all along. It's just that I did not understand how it is supposed to work (I assembled it and found that there were 2 outflows) and thought I had it wrong. It is meant to be working on 2 outflows by the way. tongue.gif

Let me just post the outlook of the Dolphin OHF Powerhead that I am currently using.

IPB Image

IPB Image

You can attach the rubber tube at either outflow 1 or 2. I choose Outflow 1 because I want the water jet at the alternate output to face the corner of the tank.

As for the rubber tube, it leads to the OHF compartments. I am using 3-tier trickle tower for my home display tank. Preference for the types of OHF setup used depends on individual. It is not neccesary to use those super expensive rubber tube meant for filter usage. Just those you get from hardware store will do - just get the right size.
gohks
I have the same dolphin pump. There should be option of 1 or 2 outflows by changing the cap.

2 outflows option: Outflow 1 is to your OHF, Outflow 2 is meant to eject bubbles for aeration and should use with an air tube. Else it would just cause tubulent current in the tank if you don't have it outlet to anything.

1 outflow option: Just outflow to OHF, and stronger. yes.gif
desireless
Oh is it? There is supposed to be a separate cap when you buy it?

No wonder.. It just doesn't make sense to have 2 outflows. Laserguy had the same thing with 2 outflows and his ranchus hurt itself when it was playing with the jet laugh.gif I am seeing my fishes doing the same thing now mad.gif and I am thinking of blocking the opened outflow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.