Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unsure Of Type Of Goldfish?
RafflesGold Forums > Misc Rumble Area > Newbie Issues / Say "Hi"/ Testing
english
Hello all first post here - I got four goldfish the other week but am a little unsure as to what they are.. ranchu, lionhead, mixed, or other?

Hoping someone can help me out..

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Sorry about the photo qaulity and hope it does not make it difficult.. 3 of them are also forming white pimples on their heads and i am unsure if this is ok or not??

They are all roughly 2.5inchs from head to tail fin.

cheers

english.
CP
Hi,

These are ranchus. Ranchus does not have a dorsal fin.

As for the 'white pimples', usually a few specks on the head is OK.But if it spreads to other parts of the fish , then it is most like suffering from 'white spots' disease.You can search the ' Ailments and Treatments' subforum on how to treat them.
english
QUOTE(CP @ Wed, 29 Aug 2007 8:20 pm) *

Hi,

These are ranchus. Ranchus does not have a dorsal fin.

As for the 'white pimples', usually a few specks on the head is OK.But if it spreads to other parts of the fish , then it is most like suffering from 'white spots' disease.You can search the ' Ailments and Treatments' subforum on how to treat them.

thanks for the response - as for the white pimples it only appears on the head which can be seen in the first photo.

will the head develop further or is it only the high qaulity 'ranchu' that will see that?
CP
I cant conclude from the photos whether the 'pimples' are OK.

As for headgrowth, I dont think that it will develop much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.