Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello...
RafflesGold Forums > Misc Rumble Area > Newbie Issues / Say "Hi"/ Testing
westie
Hello All,

Im a newbie just started keeping SVR 2weeks ago.Glad i found out tis forum where i can get all useful infos n tips.Hope i can learn more from u guys.

Rite now,my 2ft tank house 3 SVR using eheim canister n a submerge resun filter.My canister media consists of wool,charcoal,ceramic rings n coral chips.I do WC of 20% every 3 days as i feed 3 times per day.

I understand that BB strive in coral chip & ceramic rings, so can I wash my wool with tap water? As I find that it will start to smell after I wash with old tank water.Lastly have anyone try feeding their ranchu wif duckweeds?planing to do so but not sure my SVR will like it.

Im feeding my SVR rite now wif
1)Hikari Lionhead
2)Saki-Hikari Fancy GoldFish(green & purple)
3)Hikari Algae Wafers
4)Bloodworms

Kindly advice...Thks!!!
CP
Hi,

When you change water, do at least a 50% change otherwise the nitrates will keep on accumulating.I suggest 50% every 3 days, or 100% weekly.

Its OK to wash your wool in tap water so long as you do not wash the filter medias (ceramics etc).

Its strange when water smells when you are using charcoal.......something is not right with the water quality.

Ranchus loves duckweeds and its good for them.

You can read more here:
http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3031
westie
QUOTE(CP @ Wed, 26 Sep 2007 10:15 pm) *

Hi,

When you change water, do at least a 50% change otherwise the nitrates will keep on accumulating.I suggest 50% every 3 days, or 100% weekly.

Its OK to wash your wool in tap water so long as you do not wash the filter medias (ceramics etc).

Its strange when water smells when you are using charcoal.......something is not right with the water quality.

Ranchus loves duckweeds and its good for them.

You can read more here:
http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3031

Hi CP,

Thkx for ur advice,will do 50% WC.I think at beginng i didnt cycle my tank properly end up the first day i put in my first SVR n it die within a few hrs,so sad.Learnt a painful lesson. sad.gif

think i overloaded my bio system last week,i was too greedy wanted to pump up my 3inc SVR by feeding them 5-6 meals aday then i realised tank water started to smell n become cloudy.did WC 50% for 3days now the water become clear.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.