i've never heard of it until now...
CP
For a start, you can refer to Vermillion Goldfish Club's website:
http://geocities.com/GreenNgoldSG/greenwater-frame.html
twinso
QUOTE(CP @ Sun, 28 Oct 2007 12:15 am) *

For a start, you can refer to Vermillion Goldfish Club's website:
http://geocities.com/GreenNgoldSG/greenwater-frame.html

ok but on that site says to get green water u need amonia ?

but the pet shop lady told me that amonia is bad and got me products to put in the water to get rid of it, and then when i saw some of their tropical fish dead she said its because their water has too high amonia levels...
namrfigk
QUOTE(twinso @ Sat, 27 Oct 2007 10:46 pm) *

but the pet shop lady told me that amonia is bad and got me products to put in the water to get rid of it, and then when i saw some of their tropical fish dead she said its because their water has too high amonia levels...

firstly, ammonia is a food source for the green water algae, it is what sustains the green water.

Moreover, with green water, the ammonia levels in ur tank is maintained at very low levels, hence removing the need for a mechanical filter and frequent water changes.
small_ranchu
QUOTE(twinso @ Sat, 27 Oct 2007 10:46 am) *

We are getting ammonia from fish waste. By using green water, we are trying to get rid of that ammonia w/o any chemical product from pet store. We are not putting any ammonia into our fish tank though.
twinso
oh ok i get it now,

so green water is like the natural way to look after goldfish and keep their water clean and pure,

rather then use chemical from pet shot bottles.

i thought maybe .. i know these people who had fish tank + goldfish inside and once they put a plant in algae grow on the glass, when i see the words 'green water' i thought maybe it was this.. . but i guess it is not because the goldfish just eat the algae as food then do poo poo.

but i have been using the checmical bottle that i bought from the pet shop and using it every time i changing the water or adding or whatever, is this bad?

i dont think it is possible for me to make green water appear for my fish in the condition im living in atm (i live in boarding house at school and not even suppose to be keeping pet in my room but i hiding my goldfish in a big fish tank in the corner =S)

so what is alternative beside using chemical? i remember when i was little i never even used the chemical i just fed fish flake and change water from tape (but we lived in country and had fresh rain water now i am in city the tape water gets treated and has chlorine in it). and back then i was like waht 5? and the fish grew for yrs before he die because the tank broke =S

i dont wnat to make my fish sick with chemcial ! they are too cute and pretty
CyberET
well, because theres chlorine now, use anti-chlorine.
and change water more often, so as to do what nature can't do for you smile.gif
twinso
QUOTE(CyberET @ Wed, 31 Oct 2007 3:36 am) *

well, because theres chlorine now, use anti-chlorine.
and change water more often, so as to do what nature can't do for you smile.gif

the bottle i have removes amonia and chlorine
small_ranchu
What is the name of the chemical? Anti-Chlorine is something that you must use whenever you do the water change. Ammonia control is different issue.

We are in the same situation. I live in the apartment where Sunlight is not available. I use planted light to culture green water and the result is pretty good.
square_guy
I think it is better to take a step back and reassess your own preference. Why venture into green water now? Just take everything slowly and learn to maintain a basic biofiltration.

btw, you do have a biofilter right? read up on it first...
twinso
QUOTE(square_guy @ Thu, 01 Nov 2007 1:18 am) *

I think it is better to take a step back and reassess your own preference. Why venture into green water now? Just take everything slowly and learn to maintain a basic biofiltration.

lol im not interested in green water i just wanted to know wat it is. and where i'm keeping my fishies at, atm i cant really be having green water in their tank...
twinso
IPB Image

QUOTE(square_guy @ Thu, 01 Nov 2007 1:18 am) *

its called A.C.E by the brand aquamaster
Amonia, chorline eliminator
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.