Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wen On My Llionhead
RafflesGold Forums > Misc Rumble Area > Newbie Issues / Say "Hi"/ Testing
twinso
1. i buy my lionhead from the petshop,

when he was there + i take him home he had big wen

but 2. i had to keep them in this small starter kit fish tank for couple of days and his wen has like... disappeared. i thought maybe due to the small tank?

so i went looking around the BH to find a big box to keep them in and now he is in a .... 30 litre container box thingy but before it was a 5 litre one ....

i want his wen to come back =( think it will grow back in couple of day now he is in bigger water?
because he just in the small 5 litre one for um.... perhap 1 week nearly now. my lionhead are just like 3-4 cm long

do u think 3-4 cm long is baby? i dont know how old he is and forgot to ask the petshop...

but i looked at the pictures in breeding section and peoples baby ranchus that are couple months old look way bigger then my ones =S unless it just bcoz they wer kept in small tank in petshop
CyberET
either the water condition was bad, or fish was in a bad condition
a clear picture would speak a thousand words smile.gif
namrfigk
QUOTE(twinso @ Tue, 30 Oct 2007 2:25 pm) *

1. i buy my lionhead from the petshop,

when he was there + i take him home he had big wen

but 2. i had to keep them in this small starter kit fish tank for couple of days and his wen has like... disappeared. i thought maybe due to the small tank?

so i went looking around the BH to find a big box to keep them in and now he is in a .... 30 litre container box thingy but before it was a 5 litre one ....
i want his wen to come back =( think it will grow back in couple of day now he is in bigger water?

try feeding him frozen bloodworms or boiled egg yolk to enhance his wen growth.
twinso
QUOTE(namrfigk @ Wed, 31 Oct 2007 1:01 pm) *

try feeding him frozen bloodworms or boiled egg yolk to enhance his wen growth.

boil egg yolk? ... boil it so it is like O then break it up and put it inside for them to eat?

QUOTE(CyberET @ Wed, 31 Oct 2007 3:40 am) *

either the water condition was bad, or fish was in a bad condition
a clear picture would speak a thousand words smile.gif

=O

dare accuse !

in process of posting pics of my fishies, they are relli small thro 3-4cm =P
twinso
here are some pics, dont know if i upload it right also it was sooooo hard to take photo so some are blurry ><"

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
CyberET
try feeding more high protein food, and change water often. it will take awhile, the initial loss of wen maybe to do with a change of enviroment, stress, etc...

enjoy the hobby smile.gif
namrfigk
QUOTE(twinso @ Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:46 am) *

boil egg yolk? ... boil it so it is like O then break it up and put it inside for them to eat?

yes i meant it that way. though u will have to control the feeding amount and change water if your tank water turns cloudy.
twinso
QUOTE(namrfigk @ Fri, 02 Nov 2007 5:41 pm) *

yes i meant it that way. though u will have to control the feeding amount and change water if your tank water turns cloudy.

thanks for advice =D it just sounded weird to have my goldfish eat a boiled egg yolk, but ill try it

QUOTE(CyberET @ Wed, 31 Oct 2007 7:36 pm) *

try feeding more high protein food, and change water often. it will take awhile, the initial loss of wen maybe to do with a change of enviroment, stress, etc...

enjoy the hobby smile.gif

hehe thank you =) for the help n reply nnnnnn wish me luck la
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.