Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Telescopic Eyes Oranda!
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
HappyBuddha
I went to QH today and beside seeing "the largest puffer fish captured", 20% discount off all goldfish and some other promotion, a tub of Oranda with Telescopic Eyes.

They are small, head to tails about 2 inches only.

Unlike those I saw at the International Fish Show, these have eyes set by the side (those at IFS have eyes in front and can stare at you with both eyes. biggrin.gif)

I asked the cashier but she doesn't know where they are from. It is said those at the IFS are from Ipon Malaysia.

Aren't they cute? yes.gif

Seen here still in the plastic bag, I'll take nicer shots in a few days after they settled down.

They cost $3 each before 20% discount. ha ha ha.

Side Track: If you don't mind chinese ranchus, they have a few tubs of jumbo size with nice cheeks and sexy tails for $60 each. Long-bodied version though. sad.gif

IPB Image
Inxs
Look nice hor?
mountain
keke, shall wait for the frontal shot pic wink.gif
HappyBuddha
Pic taken while they were salt bathing.

The fishes are very very weak. I'm not optimistic they will survive the QT. sad.gif

IPB Image
mountain
at only 2" from head to tail, they prob being thru too many shocks even before reaching your home. sad.gif
but they do look cute from the top eh rolleyes.gif
HappyBuddha
Whoops. One died this morning.... prayer.gif

I'm left with one with a folded tails, so I went to QH to buy a replacement. Only sorrily defective ones are available. Managed to pick up a half decent one...

Let's hope it makes it past QT. sad.gif
Seacucumber
i was there on SUnday...
didn't buy anything....
scan thru those chinese ranchu that buddha saw...
not nice leh..... hmm.gif
CyberET
wah liew, folded tail, and half decent u still buy? don't waste tub/tank space, u got too much space, rent out la mad.gif tongue.gif
mountain
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Mon 15 Mar 2004 11:34 PM)
Whoops. One died this morning.... prayer.gif

I'm left with one with a folded tails, so I went to QH to buy a replacement.  Only sorrily defective ones are available.  Managed to pick up a half decent one...

Let's hope it makes it past QT.  sad.gif

[faint] .. like tat also can ah ??? not like you, why so desperate?
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(g-string @ Tue 16 Mar 2004 08:17 AM)
i was there on SUnday...
didn't buy anything....
scan thru those chinese ranchu that buddha saw...
not nice leh.....  hmm.gif

Psst. Go again. I was there on Sundays... the chinese ranchus... no standard.

I went again yesterday morning... now got swee swee chinese lionhead. shiok.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(CyberET @ Tue 16 Mar 2004 08:52 AM)
wah liew, folded tail, and half decent u still buy? don't waste tub/tank space, u got too much space, rent out la mad.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE(mountain @ Tue 16 Mar 2004 08:56 AM)
[faint] .. like tat also can ah ??? not like you, why so desperate?

I... I... I... desperate lah.

If I can't win goldfish competition the normal way with beautiful ranchus, I might as well enter a freak and get banned for life. Ya know? cooldude.gif
Inxs
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Tue 16 Mar 2004 11:38 AM)

I... I... I... desperate lah.

If I can't win goldfish competition the normal way with beautiful ranchus, I might as well enter a freak and get banned for life.  Ya know?  cooldude.gif

Any other new fish in QH?
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(Sifu @ Tue 16 Mar 2004 03:38 PM)
Any other new fish in QH?

There's a one foot long dog-face puffer fish... but it's not for sale.
Inxs
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Tue 16 Mar 2004 05:27 PM)
There's a one foot long dog-face puffer fish... but it's not for sale.

How come? You look at those not for sale fish? one feet long some more. rolleyes.gif
BlueBubble
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Sun 14 Mar 2004 03:25 PM)
I went to QH today and beside seeing "the largest puffer fish captured", 20% discount off all goldfish and some other promotion, a tub of Oranda with Telescopic Eyes.

They are small, head to tails about 2 inches only.

Unlike those I saw at the International Fish Show, these have eyes set by the side (those at IFS have eyes in front and can stare at you with both eyes.  biggrin.gif)

I asked the cashier but she doesn't know where they are from.  It is said those at the IFS are from Ipon Malaysia.

Aren't they cute?  yes.gif

Seen here still in the plastic bag, I'll take nicer shots in a few days after they settled down.

They cost $3 each before 20% discount. ha ha ha.

Side Track:  If you don't mind chinese ranchus, they have a few tubs of jumbo size with nice cheeks and sexy tails for $60 each.  Long-bodied version though.  sad.gif

I saw these in Pasir Ris, looks damn cute yes.gif
But wonder if they will grow big?
Seacucumber
erm....i still can't accept leh....
maybe still new....
looks alien to me.... laugh.gif
BlueBubble
QUOTE(g-string @ Thu 18 Mar 2004 08:06 AM)
erm....i still can't accept leh....
maybe still new....
looks alien to me....  laugh.gif

alien then cute mah.... most importantly, is so cheap... good_very.gif
Inxs
QUOTE(BlueBubble @ Thu 18 Mar 2004 12:46 PM)
alien then cute mah.... most importantly, is so cheap... good_very.gif

This fish is not new to me, I did post in pics of adult fish before mah. yes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.