Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3rd National Ranchu Comp 2007
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
CP
Its the third time that VRC has held this annual comp; with the first two events staged at Yuhua CC, this time round its venue is at Braddell Heights CC instead.

Although heavy downpour occured in the morning and was intermittent throughout much of the day, the spirit of the organisers, participant and visitors alike were not dampened for what I can see.

A poster of the event greeted me at the hallway...........
IPB Image

And the most important pic of the day (i took only one shot) was blurred......... longpia.gif longpia.gif longpia.gif
IPB Image

Final touch up works by VRC members in preparation of the event............
IPB Image

The early birds benching in at 8:30am...............
IPB Image

And as in the previous events,the procedure is that the fishes are placed in their respective tanks / tubs by the organisers.
IPB Image
CP
A shot of a very prominent figure in the Ranchu arena who needs no introduction at all; and distinguished guests (Ranchu Brotherhood) all the way from Belgium......... welcome.gif
IPB Image

The prizes awaiting the potential winners.......
IPB Image

The two trophies for the respective Grand Champion categories (1 SVR and 1 TVR)
IPB Image

And a prize donated by Ranchu Brotherhood for the most promising TVR of the year.Its only appropriate that the pic for this top view category is taken from the top biggrin.gif
IPB Image
simliangyi
Just post some picture here.. was there today also.. hope i not disturbing your thread bro.. but opening a new one like a bit waste of space.. haha..
enjoy guys!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Grand Champ!
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

For the rest of the pic please visit..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8470813@N02/
stoptogo
Hi CP,
wow. these picture set the stage for anticipation of the results... biggrin.gif
BTW, it was nice meeting you there and the rest of RG friends.

Cngratulations to Goldrush for his CATB 5th position win with his solid red calico!!! good_very.gif good_very.gif
CP
Eh?What happened???

The latecomers mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif , consisting of Moderator and Associates of Rafflesgold arriving late for the benching in!! bash.gif
IPB Image

KNN.......forever wants to do things at the last minute, kelam kabut here and there........I am glad they are not the organisers hysterical.gif hysterical.gif
IPB Image
CP
QUOTE(simliangyi @ Sun, 09 Dec 2007 9:54 pm) *

Just post some picture here.. was there today also.. hope i not disturbing your thread bro.. but opening a new one like a bit waste of space.. haha..
enjoy guys!

Hi Simliangyi,
Its OK, I am in the midst of posting.Very good quality pics you have there.

QUOTE(stoptogo @ Sun, 09 Dec 2007 9:55 pm) *

Hi CP,
wow. these picture set the stage for anticipation of the results... biggrin.gif
BTW, it was nice meeting you there and the rest of RG friends.
Cngratulations to Goldrush for his CATB 5th position win with his solid red calico!!! good_very.gif good_very.gif

Hi stoptogo,
Are you the one who introduced yourself as David during the benching out? If so, nice meeting you too.
stoptogo
hi CP, it's me. biggrin.gif

It was so good to meet up with all the seniors whom I have benefited since joining.
CP
OK now, fish pics. We'll start off with pics of RG members' entries, followed by random pics of other participating fishes, then the winners.

Fishes belonging to Goldrush,Laserguy,Desireless,White Horse and the undersigned:
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
CP
The standard of competition was very high in my opinion, especially Cat B (Large SVR).The fishes submitted by Vermillion Goldfish Club were simply mouth watering.

Pics of the other non-winning participating fishes........

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
CP
Followed by the winning ones, first from Cat A:-

5th
IPB Image
IPB Image

4th
IPB Image
IPB Image

3rd:
IPB Image
IPB Image

2nd:
IPB Image
IPB Image

And,I simply dont understand how he does it,but Quek aka Laserguy does it again.He is always the only one amongst the few of us who manages to win something each time he takes part.No expensive buys at all, simply fish picking instinct and acumen.This time round he wins the 1st prize.CONGRATULATIONS! (AGAIN!) good_very.gif
One pic with flash, one without.
IPB Image
IPB Image
CP
Moving on to the more prestigious Cat B:

Clean sweep of 1st to 4th placing by Vermillion Goldfish Club; and if it wasn't for Goldrush's (of all people???? rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif ) calico entry clinching the 5th spot Vermillion would have completed the Grand Slam. biggrin.gif
For that, I promise not to again utter the word "cheapskate"................ censored.gif

5th - Congrats to Goldrush, and fish was featured in this thread here:
http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...ic=4283&hl=
IPB Image
IPB Image

4th -
IPB Image

3rd
IPB Image
IPB Image

2nd
IPB Image
IPB Image

1st and SVR Grand Champ
Congatulations to Vermillion Goldfish Club.
IPB Image
IPB Image
CP
Last but not least, one for the album, first a pic of organisers,judges,VIP guests,and participant winners.I did not win anything as usual; otherwise I will be up there and you won't be seeing this pics. biggrin.gif
IPB Image
IPB Image

A proud moment to saviour by our Forum Doctor Dr Wee aka Goldrush:
IPB Image

Just another day in office for Quek aka Laserguy:
IPB Image

Another forumer Lawrence aka Ranchu8 winning the 1st and 4th placing at the TVR Nisai Category:
IPB Image

And was introduced to a new aquaintance today, Daryl aka Hugoboss, winner of the TVR Grand Champion:
IPB Image

As for myself, yet another year,yet another comp,and yet another one empty handed.Same shit,different day. rofl2.gif rofl2.gif rofl2.gif
goldrush
Thank you all for your compliments.It took me 14 months to nuture this fish to compete in this competiton
See this thread for its development: http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4283

At least this is the only Chinese fish to put a stop to a clean sweep by the Thais in the large ranchu category happydance1.gif happydance1.gif happydance1.gif

Here's a video to share of this winning fish

goldrush
Oui what happen to the TVR category?

Nobody covering it with pics

blink.gif blink.gif
peter porker
What's the size of the Grand Champion?
goldrush
Here are the videoclips of both Cat A and Cat B champion

CP
QUOTE(peter porker @ Mon, 10 Dec 2007 6:38 am) *

What's the size of the Grand Champion?

My estimation at 8 to 9 inches in lenght; 5 to 6 inches in depth; and weighted in at least half a kilogramme.

Simply awesome. beg2.gif
peter porker
QUOTE(CP @ Mon, 10 Dec 2007 9:33 am) *

My estimation at 8 to 9 inches in lenght; 5 to 6 inches in depth; and weighted in at least half a kilogramme.

Simply awesome. beg2.gif

Move aside.

I join you. beg2.gif

So from GR's vid, the fish was house in a 3 ft tank?
goldrush
Every fish was housed in a standard 2 feet tank

My red calico is over 7 inch but this fish is easily another 2 inch more sweatingbullets.gif
peter porker
righto...from the vid, could not tell the size relative to the size of the tank. I thought it was a 3 ft tank.
Ark Royal
I would like to say a big well done!! to all the RG members.

Best Regards

Craig clapping.gif
desireless
QUOTE(goldrush @ Mon, 10 Dec 2007 1:03 am) *

Oui what happen to the TVR category?
Nobody covering it with pics

blink.gif blink.gif

The one representing RG to take photos of TVR section was denied entry by a rep from the community centre during the golden photo taking session. When it was finally opened to the public, the luxury of time was denied.

I guess those with the complete pics of the TVR section can upload first. Or wait for the organiser VRC for the complete set of pictures.
goldrush
While waiting for VRC to upload their TVR photos,perhaps I can provide some videos of other winners in the sideview category

Here's Cat B runner up.Another whopper!!!!!

Another Vermillion fish clinching third place in Cat B(large)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.