Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oranchu? (ranchu With Dorsal Fin)
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
domho7
IPB Image

Have any guys seen this in S'pore. smile.gif
void
short tail oranda?!? hmmm... must try to cross oranda and ranchu... shiok.gif
HappyBuddha
Fake photo! biggrin.gif

Study the light source on its back. The dorsal fin section shouldn't be so well lit! The dorsal's background blue is also too dark.
Inxs
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Mon 15 Mar 2004 11:14 PM)
Fake photo!  biggrin.gif

Study the light source on its back. The dorsal fin section shouldn't be so well lit!  The dorsal's background blue is also too dark.

For many time cyber and HB have ask me to show my fries on ranchu. I kept one of this that I think it look like Oranda. This one is a cross begin different thai ranchu. Funny is it ? How come it look different from papa and mama.
Hehehe..... should I call it an "Oranchu" tongue.gif

IPB Image
caster
QUOTE(domho7 @ Mon 15 Mar 2004 10:26 PM)
User Posted Image

Have any guys seen this in S'pore.  smile.gif

I believe this photo is true....... just this fish is IMHO ugly tongue.gif

I have seen an oranda, excellent head growth, buffulo cheeks, ranchu tails and a erected Dorsal fin +good back arches.... For sure that fish is not deform, it looks very normal, just look special only.

I will try to talk to my friend to talk a photo of the fish, I am not sure if he allows it, it is rare .. very very rare... so far I have only seem 1 pcs.

cheers
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(caster @ Tue 16 Mar 2004 12:14 AM)

I have seen an oranda, excellent head growth, buffulo cheeks, ranchu tails and a erected Dorsal fin +good back arches.... For sure that fish is not deform, it looks very normal, just look special only.

I will try to talk to my friend to talk a photo of the fish, I am not sure if he allows it, it is rare .. very very rare... so far I have only seem 1 pcs.

cheers

Oh... you just reminded me something. Check out this pic. The fries are real (but dead when the pic was taken). They are ranchu babies. One has a dorsal fin! I guess if the keeper kept the babies alive longer, he could have a ranchu with dorsal fin afterall. Damn freaky though. biggrin.gif

IPB Image
caster
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Tue 16 Mar 2004 12:44 AM)
Oh... you just reminded me something. Check out this pic.  The fries are real (but dead when the pic was taken).  They are ranchu babies.  One has a dorsal fin!  I guess if the keeper kept the babies alive longer, he could have a ranchu with dorsal fin afterall.  Damn freaky though.  biggrin.gif

User Posted Image

wahahahha

not like that lah..... the fish I talk abt have very normal oranda dorsal fins...hehheheh...

Infact that fish is from China, I suspect if we search the chinese goldfish website hard enough, we maybe able to find one...it could be a upcoming species like dragon eye oranda...hehheheheheh

Guys.. let me ask my firiend this weekend, if he is agreeable, I will take a photo and post here.

cheers
desireless
Think it is genetic disorder. I have read a thread by some ppl over at Arofanatics who has breed ranchus before. Tink he mentioned some of the fries comes with dorsal... usually thrown back into the main tank with the crooked fries as feeder fishes. hmm.gif
Seacucumber
buddha mught be right....
the joint from dorsal to the back is pretty fake....

well...i dunno....but its a nice fish....
BlueBubble
QUOTE(caster @ Tue 16 Mar 2004 12:14 AM)

cheers

yes.gif Please do post. Heard of it, but not seen before yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.