Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showa Ranchu
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
goldrush
Hey

Sunday very boring so manage to fish out this bugger to share of its development.I have not shown this piece before and I got it for about 2 months.When I got it the color wasn't very impressive.Here's the before pics.

IPB Image

Here's the other side

IPB Image

Today,its color has more vigour and the fish has bulked.It is a bit short for my liking nevertheless its shape and curves are generally quite acceptable.I dont think it can grow much but I would like to fix its color biggrin.gif
You see,I think it's still quite an unstable breed.Color tends to fluctuate with respect to its environment hmm.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Enjoy wink.gif

Kinder
More of an Egged-shaped calico, yup color has improved and has bulked up too...brings in balance to the fish overall. (looks about 4-5inch) not sure if it can grow bigger...though hope to see it!

And yeah i like this new colouration, the blueish-grey color running along its back to the tail. I have see some chinese colicos with this colouration recently in the Buy/Sell section of this forum.

Kinder
demdamdemekins
I was under the impression that this is a different mutation than the regular calicos. I have seen alot of ryukin showing up with these colors lately, and they are what we call here in the US, tricolors rather than calicos. They seem to also be completely metallic fish showing up with these colors (which is why I think thse are different than normal calicos). I may be wrong, but I think that the stable black and white goldfish also stem from this mutation.
goldrush
I think this variety is wrongfully classified as a calico.It is definitely a metallic variety.It is a SANSHOKU(koi language):a tricolored variety.It is presumed given the SHOWA acronym because of its black based predominance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.