Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mortevicar's Goldfish Collection
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
Mortevicar
Hi everyone

I am new to this forum. My name is Morris and I have been collecting fancy goldfish for about 2 years.

Based in Melbourne, Australia, it is IMPOSSIBLE to find good quality fish. I went out on the weekend to one of the 2 stores that sell anything decent, to find the tanks were infested with fish lice! ohmy.gif

Does anyone know of anyone that sells to Melbourne?

I have a 800 litre tank with 7 6" fish at the moment.

Here are a couple of photos of my some of my current stock.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
lnicky
Hi Mortevicar,

Welcome to RG! I am from OZ too (Sydney). There is a thread in RG on Goldfish Sources in Australia, just put "Australia" on the search function.

From reading the thread there seems to be quite a bit of good LFS in Melbourne. Also if you go to petlink.com.au in the fish section (It's a free notice bord for ppl who wants to buy and sell fishes) there is a private hobbyist in Sydney who has been importing high grade goldfishes from China and he delivers to other states. I have bought a few AA ranchus from him

Nicky
CP
Hi Morris,

Very nice tank setup and a very good ratio of 100 litres per fish.How about a pic of your tank for this album here: biggrin.gif
http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3458

Here is a thread for goldfish sources in Australia:
http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3718

CP
demdamdemekins
200 gallons for 6 fish. They must be quite happy. You seem to have done pretty well for yourself considering the lack of quality fish in Australia. That oranda is especially striking.
Mortevicar
I am thinking of adding a couple more fish - how many do you think I could fit comfortably? I was thinking another 2.
lnicky
I think the recommended ratio is 80L per fish so you should be ok to have 8 fishes. Since you seem to have a lot of plants I think you can even go up to 10 fishes. The plants use up the Nitrates as food

Nicky
demdamdemekins
smile.gif Those plants are fake smile.gif
It's always best to understock anyway, so I'd stick with 8.
PERRY
Impossible to find quality? that oranda and black Ranchu are way better quality than anywhere around where I live. I dont think we can even get black Ranchus unless mail ordered. Nice tank by the way very striking.
Jewels
Their all very beautiful! love1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.