Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: From Calico To Sakura?
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
goldrush
hi.gif

Read in the previous thread posted by chandramerpati and cheangv that such fish sold as calicos in its juvenile stage may end up with a sakura in the months to come.

Just to recap:http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5182

Well I happened to source one piece that has all the physiques of a good ryukin with lots of its juvenile blacks intact.Perhaps I'm trying my luck to go against genetics to delay its shedding of its juvenile hue.doh.gif Well you may never know rolleyes.gif

Here are some pics of my pick

IPB Image

IPB Image

prayhard.gif prayhard.gif prayhard.gif

And a video of its swimming

demdamdemekins
Wow! Love the body shape and the finnage is held very erect. Can this fish swim normally though? It appears to be a bottom slider from the videos.
goldrush
QUOTE(demdamdemekins @ Fri, 04 Jan 2008 10:29 am) *

Wow! Love the body shape and the finnage is held very erect. Can this fish swim normally though? It appears to be a bottom slider from the videos.

I just caught it up and place it for the foto shoot so it was feeling quite agitated as in all ryukin rusure.gif
goldrush
Some 2 and half months ago I showed this fish here with the sceptism of it changing it into a Sakura stripped off its blacks.However I'm quite surprised of its development.Though the fish did not gain much bulk,it did more than compensate with its exhibits of vibrant colors.Both red and the blacks have enhanced giving it a more TIGERESS look shiok.gif You can compare the 2 videos for a real LIVE representation of its color improvement.

Here are some pic of this wonderful fish

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

But what I would like to hightlight here is this fish showmanship laugh.gif Notice how he exhibits himself to gain your attention with its consistent erected dorsal...THAT'S WHAT I CALL AN EXHIBITIONIST!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

wink.gif
Damo
Doc, it will fit nicely with the two other calicos you showed last week, although this one is smaller.

You say that it did not gain much bulk. From the pics, it appears that it DID gain bulk. Well, it might not be your expectations of growth but most of us would wish such growth in 2 months.
Is this fish kept outside?

goldrush
All my ryukins are housed indoor.That goes to show you can keep goldfish indoor without much deterioration if you can provide some modification to your keeping.Outdoors are straight forward as nature takes the bulk of your load in keeping.You only have to worry about water change.
jowee
great body shape.
fins are super cool. happydance1.gif good_very.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.