Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Collection
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
Pages: 1, 2
hermanto
Three sakura ladies, waiting for a prince to wed, but none can be found in this pond.
Three sakura ladies, we are all of what are left, from our parents before they were gone.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

The darkness gives birth to the light
Midnight will soon turn into day bright
But the blend is what make life alive

IPB Image

Two gentlemen in black

IPB Image
IPB Image

Hermanto
CP
Hello Hermanto,

You are beginning to sound like Goldrush. biggrin.gif
apungcool
biggrin.gif good_very.gif Nice poem
hermanto
Just imitating the Sifu blush.gif blush.gif

goldrush
QUOTE(hermanto @ Tue, 08 Jan 2008 7:52 pm) *

Just imitating the Sifu blush.gif blush.gif

wleow.gif wleow.gif
Dick Benbow
could it be that the gentlemen in black are Ninjas?

Where wealth gives way to stealth
and the promise of tonorrow is taken
before another day...
hermanto
Some more collections:
White ranchu
IPB Image

And I am not certain of this:
IPB Image

I saw this piece a few days ago unintentionally in a petshop, and cannot help to buy it. I was hoping it is a metallic black and white svr. The seller assured me that there is only 1 piece of this fish in the breeder, and this piece occurred accidentally. I cannot tell whether this is really a black and white metallic scale svr, or a white svr in distress, or a black and white calico that has metallic scales. Sure enough it has lost some of its black color in a few day (but panda has the same color characteristic though: easy to lose its black color)
I mate this fish with one of my crossbreed in the hope of getting a white ranchu.

This is the crossbreed, a result of crossing white ranchu with black ranchu. The color is not really grey, and is not really black. I am not sure of its color. The stomach is whitish, and the scale has whitish shine all over.
IPB Image

Regards,
Hermanto

demdamdemekins
It looks like you are running a goldfish laboratory. I can't wait to see what your next experiment will be! smile.gif
goldrush
I quite like your Shiro Utsuri ranchu.If it is not recovering from a bout of recent infection or stress related ailment,you could have in your hand a pretty rare breed good_very.gif
PERRY
I think they all are beautiful Hermanto, I still have yet to aquire a true Ranchu only lionheads for now but I will have one someday.
Dick Benbow
when I saw the black and white my first comment was oh, a shiro Utsuri! LOL so glad to see I was the only one to think that. I really like the idea of working on creating something special
hermanto
I have mated that siro utsuri fish first with black ranchu, and second, with the semi black fish shown in the last pictures. Cannot wait for the result too. Sadly, the black color is almost completely fading. Well, I do not hope much, this experiment might fail. Sadly. I have tried all kind of things to bring out siro utsuri color for these last three years, with not even a hint of how to continue. I might as well be back to square one. I was just too glad to get this fish, but now ... sad.gif
hermanto
Seems that this "batik" pattern (or better "tattoed" ranchu?) keeps occuring to me, though I have gotten rid of it before. This piece comes from crossing black gold with black gold as inbreed.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

And this piece doesn't look like grey or green, it is more like a pale blue to me. Her ancestor has a cross with black unintentionally (so I lost track of how this piece can come out).

IPB Image
IPB Image

Regards,
Hermanto
PERRY
Once again Hermanto IM speachless what an incredable ranchu specimen you have created, this "Batik or tatoo" pattern is awsome looking.

And the second specimen looks as though it would blend in with the sky and clouds. Absoultely remarkable my friend.
hermanto
Mere luck, my friend smile.gif
hermanto
You might not be "according to standard", you are even crippled and of no value; but for me you are an angel descend from heaven smile.gif

IPB Image
PERRY
I think it has to do with more than just luck.
miester
if you dont mind me asking whats the size of those tanks at back ( the blue ones) length? width? depth?.... thanks in advance
d_golem
Oalah that batik ranchu, such extreme scale distortion. Looks very beautiful, but does the ranchu has any problems swimming?
hermanto
My blue tub in the background is 1.5m x 1.5m x 40cm height.
Batik has no problem swimming, the problem is in the growth size - very slow.
miester
QUOTE(hermanto @ Fri, 01 Feb 2008 9:02 pm) *

My blue tub in the background is 1.5m x 1.5m x 40cm height.
Batik has no problem swimming, the problem is in the growth size - very slow.

thanks man
norbal
QUOTE(hermanto @ Tue, 22 Jan 2008 7:50 pm) *

Seems that this "batik" pattern (or better "tattoed" ranchu?) keeps occuring to me, though I have gotten rid of it before. This piece comes from crossing black gold with black gold as inbreed.

Regards,
Hermanto

Hermanto,

It appears that the scales on this tatooed ranchu are placed randomly, some even backwards, instead in organized row as is normal.

Tom L.L.
d_golem
QUOTE(norbal @ Sat, 02 Feb 2008 7:29 am) *

Hermanto,

It appears that the scales on this tatooed ranchu are placed randomly, some even backwards, instead in organized row as is normal.

Tom L.L.

Already been mentioned, and Mr. Hermanto already knows that from the start. Only problem is it grows very slowly.
hermanto
Yes Tom, that random scales is the reason I call it batik or tattoed smile.gif But the picture you quote is the blue ranchu, not the batik.

Regards,
Hermanto

orandaluv
Hermanto,

It is a great honor to be a part of a goldfish forum haunted by such a master as yourself. Your Batik is the most breathtaking Ranchu I've ever seen, and as for your other ladies and gentlemen...Bravo! You are a true artist.

QUOTE(hermanto @ Thu, 24 Jan 2008 5:18 am) *

You might not be "according to standard", you are even crippled and of no value; but for me you are an angel descend from heaven smile.gif

What a true possession you have in this one...gorgeous.
hermanto
Thanks for your comments on the fishes smile.gif But I must reject you calling me a master. I am far far away from it. Just a mere hobbiist smile.gif

Regards,
Hermanto
orandaluv
QUOTE(hermanto @ Thu, 07 Feb 2008 4:46 pm) *

Thanks for your comments on the fishes smile.gif But I must reject you calling me a master. I am far far away from it. Just a mere hobbiist smile.gif

Regards,
Hermanto

Well then, a hobbiist that is well know in the circles I travel in. Running a search on your name and goldfish is what brought me to this forum. There are a handful of folks that would agree, you have mastered an art we all love.
I'm glad to know you!
hermanto
blush.gif Never thought of that! Thanks anyway smile.gif
hermanto
Hi friends,
I keep this fish solely because of its color - which comes out of nowhere. This piece is a sister to the blue ranchu, from the same batch. The tail is very weak, so it can't swim well. The color looks like bronze? Chocolate? I thought the color might turn black or red, but it doesn't happen, though it had a lot of sunshine. So, I guess, the color can stay this way. Unfortunately this female might be barren.
enjoy smile.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
desireless
Wow... very rare piece you have there. It is a tri-colour. Big challenge to maintain the colour biggrin.gif
hermanto
Thank you sir smile.gif

Gladly, she is not barren afterall. Yesterday she laid eggs, very productive! Unfortunately I was not prepared for that. So I just wait for her next period. I sort of fancy myself that if I cross this with black ranchu, I can get a black and white fish? Just my long unfulfilled hope smile.gif
hermanto
Friends, I just find out this piece among my one-month-old baby calico ranchus. What do you think?

IPB Image IPB Image
goldrush
I can see the genesis of yet another creation of yours:A Calico Pearl Scale Ranchu drool.gif drool.gif
calicoly
looks like a pearlscale ranchu, i'd hold on to that one yes.gif
hermanto
Ah still far away from being a pearlscale calico ranchu smile.gif The pearl looks weak, and unevenly distributed. And since there is only 1 of this in the offsprings, what can I do with it? Crossing it with another calico ranchu will almost certainly result in the disappearance of the pearl scale. Crossing it with pearlscale is unimaginable. Besides, the fish is smaller than the rest of its siblings, and doesn't look that healthy. Any idea?
rvm
beautiful! I want a black ranchu sad.gif
hermanto
My new offspring, born in the middle of Januari 2008, head a bit underdevelop, but in reality not as bald as seen in the pictures smile.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image

Regards,
Hermanto
Damo
Nice curved back and tail. When will the headgrowth start to develop?? I guess it's too young to know how the head will develop
hermanto
Thanks Damo smile.gif Now I switch the diet from hikari wheat germ (and bloodworm) into saki hikari growth (and bloodworm). Hopefully can see a result in a month smile.gif
hermanto
This piece is not my breed. Not even my fish. I just have the priviledge to hold her and take a picture of her smile.gif So adorable smile.gif

IPB Image

Enjoy smile.gif
Hermanto
goldrush
Wow . good_very.gif Very good body stature(thick back,nice head growth)Colour pitch black.Is it Thai or Chinese?Pardon my question blush.gif Becos looks very much like Thai in many physical aspect but Chinese is terms of size biggrin.gif
hermanto
I'm so sorry, I don't know much about her background. My friend and I happened to meet her in a petstore who got her from a local village breeder. She won number 2 in jumbo ranchu competition held in that village. That's all I know.
Kinder
QUOTE(hermanto @ Wed, 02 Apr 2008 11:34 am) *

This piece is not my breed. Not even my fish. I just have the priviledge to hold her and take a picture of her smile.gif So adorable smile.gif

Enjoy smile.gif
Hermanto

Wow thats a Beauty! yes.gif

Now you should try to hunt down that breeder in that village....see what all he has got to offer. shiok.gif

Kinder
hermanto
I am! I notify the store seller to find any siblings of this fish! I will definitely take them smile.gif
hermanto
I think this is a lionchu. Not my breed, I just adopt it from shop.

IPB Image

And this is another one my my own calico breed. Still a baby.

IPB Image

Feel free to comment smile.gif
Hermanto

Kinder
QUOTE(hermanto @ Tue, 08 Apr 2008 8:26 pm) *

I think this is a lionchu. Not my breed, I just adopt it from shop.

And this is another one my my own calico breed. Still a baby.

Feel free to comment smile.gif
Hermanto

Is that calico from a calico & red ranchu mating or calico & black ranchu?

kinder
hermanto
The history is like this:
Calico x common svr produces sakura
Sakura x black produces calico2
Calico2 x calico2 produces this piece smile.gif

Yes there is a cross with black in its parents. How come you suspect that if I may know? smile.gif

Regards,
Hermanto
Kinder
QUOTE(hermanto @ Thu, 10 Apr 2008 5:59 pm) *

The history is like this:
Calico x common svr produces sakura
Sakura x black produces calico2
Calico2 x calico2 produces this piece smile.gif

Yes there is a cross with black in its parents. How come you suspect that if I may know? smile.gif

Regards,
Hermanto

Just a guess Hermanto!

The fish doesn't show typical calico patterns, therefore i assumed that its a cross and suspected could have been crossed with red or black ranchu.

What happens when you cross calico ranchu with black ranchu....do you get a calico with more black something like a tiger pattern?

kinder
hermanto
Oh so sorry kinder, just notice your reply sweatingbullets.gif

What happens when you cross calico ranchu with black ranchu....do you get a calico with more black something like a tiger pattern?

I am experimenting with it. Seems that there will be more of the black color in the resulting calicos.

Hermanto

Dear friends, these are some tosakins with unique colors smile.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Any comments are welcome smile.gif
Hermanto
goldrush
Welcome back hermanto

After a long absence,I see that you have unleashed another bumper crop of surprises beg2.gif
These tosakins are simply irresistable,each unique piece is individually crafted to perfection by your maestro touch shiok.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.