Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Short Tail Ryukin Swimming Action
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
caster
I have attached the ryukin swimming clips. The quality is not very good due to down sizing. hehehhe... If u think a higher resolution clip is necessary, please let me know.

In the clip u can see a red ryukin, the leading actor, when it swim, the body shake smile.gif and tail remains open even when it swim fast, the swim action is very graceful and cute (like belly dancing). Then half way thru the clip, another red ryukin(Tail a bit white) came into the pics, u can see it swimming away which tails collaspse like a side view ranchu with collaspse tail. With comparsion u will notice that 2nd ryukin does not swim as gracefully as the first.

http://www.geocities.com/rafflesgold/video..._ryukin.wmv.zip

Offsite Storage: http://www.geocities.com/rafflesgold/video/

Filename: caster_ryukin.wmv.zip
caster
Please comment freely. cheers
void
imho, the "collapse tail" is due to the longer tail of the 2nd ryukin... rolleyes.gif
caster
QUOTE(void @ Thu 18 Mar 2004 12:11 AM)
imho, the "collapse tail" is due to the longer tail of  the 2nd ryukin...  rolleyes.gif

hehheh was hoping that u will response. actually, the tail of the fish is indeed slightly longer, but it can still be considered as short tail ryukin. It was my 2nd Short tail ryukin, at that time I did not know the importance of the swimming action. In fact I have proportionally longer tail short tail ryukin that does not have collpase tail when swiming... hehhehe I will take more video...... damn difficult to video tape swimming ryukin.
void
actually, my smaller ryukins do not wiggle when they swim... maybe becos yours are big... but i really must say they are very cute... but graceful?? i'm not too sure leh... biggrin.gif
max
Nice Ryukin but I am quite worried about keeping short tail ryukin even though I must admit that they can be very cute. The tendency for it to flip over it higher maybe it is becos of the unbalance center of gravity.

Correct me if I am wrong but I noticed the main actor is doing a "head stand" each time it stop swimming.
desireless
I realise its swim quite guai guai... But maybe this fish like clean environment so it is probably "cleaning the floor" lah laugh.gif
caster
QUOTE(maxpeng @ Thu 18 Mar 2004 09:44 AM)
Nice Ryukin but I am quite worried about keeping short tail ryukin even though I must admit that they can be very cute. The tendency for it to flip over it higher maybe it is becos of the unbalance center of gravity.

Correct me if I am wrong but I noticed the main actor is doing a "head stand" each time it stop swimming.

wahahah... non of my fish head stand....wahhah... I was feeding it to get it to the corner so I can film them... they are vacuuming the floor for food......hehehehehe

Actually, Short tail Ryukin seldom head stand. unlike ranchu... they are usually perfectly balance....... my encounter with short tail ryukin is either it is perfectly balance or Filp over completely...wahhaah

cheers
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.