rpege
hi all
below is the photo of my aquarium
do you think it's too crowded ?
I'd like to know your comments, thanks
IPB Image
lnicky

It looks overcrowded to me. You need to allow at least 50L per fish

Check this thread by CP http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3031 as a guide

Dick Benbow
when I'm asked this question regarding koi, I always ask what the purpose of the owner is. A population density with good filtration can maintain a population fairly well. In order to grow a young fish and have it prosper is a totally different perspective and you need proper filtration and less population.

so I would think it would be similar with goldfish. Is your purpsoe to have lots of color and movement for you to enjoy or do you want to provide adequate space to allow them to grow and develop to their potential.

With koi I set aside 1,000 U.S. Gallons per fish irregardless of size.
demdamdemekins
Your tank is absolutely overcrowded. In order to know how over crowded though, we would need parameters such as the number and size of fish, the type of filtration, frequency of water changes, and total size of the system. Either way, I would pare it down to your 3 or 4 favorite fish, and find a new home for the rest. Your water already seems to be yellow with dissolved nutrients. I'd suggest increasing the frequency and size of your water changes, and possibly running some carbon temporarily.
goldfish29
Mine is 55gal tank with 10 goldfish, is it crowded biggrin.gif ? I think it is yes.gif . Just like to know you guys opinions.
goldrush
QUOTE(goldfish29 @ Thu, 30 Oct 2008 1:55 am) *

Mine is 55gal tank with 10 goldfish, is it crowded biggrin.gif ? I think it is yes.gif . Just like to know you guys opinions.

By figures and numbers,they may appear overcrowded but again it really boils down to one's perception of keeping.If you are keeping them for just ornamental appreciation without much growth and improvement,you may still get away with some healthy fish with good filtration and regular water changes.If you want your fish to thrive for better growth and long term benefits,SPACE is perhaps one of the most critical component of goldfish keeping.
churico4ever
QUOTE(goldrush @ Thu, 30 Oct 2008 2:36 am) *

By figures and numbers,they may appear overcrowded but again it really boils down to one's perception of keeping.If you are keeping them for just ornamental appreciation without much growth and improvement,you may still get away with some healthy fish with good filtration and regular water changes.If you want your fish to thrive for better growth and long term benefits,SPACE is perhaps one of the most critical component of goldfish keeping.

I read a book about goldfish, and it is said that goldfish needs a big space because they are messy by nature... so I think with your tank size, 3 pcs is enough so that your fish will have a stress and they will grow healthy and fast.

Rico
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.