Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I "accidentally Murdered" 4 Of My Ranchus
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Green Water, Filtration and Tank Setup
domho7
IPB Image

My extension power plug with a white strap holding it, there was another strap below and yest nite while pulling out 1 of the plug broke the bottom strap and thus causing the top strap to hit the 2nd plug OFF (which was my cannister filter)

This evening came back found 4 ranchus floating upwards, 2 was gasping for air.

Careless mistake and I didnt have any airstone inside. sad.gif
HappyBuddha
I have a suggestion. Install a rainbar and place it above water level. Not only will doing so reduce the current generated, the noise also gives you an audible indication that the system is running.
caster
QUOTE(domho7 @ Wed 17 Mar 2004 10:45 PM)
User Posted Image

My extension power plug with a white strap holding it, there was another strap below and yest nite while pulling out 1 of the plug broke the bottom strap and thus causing the top strap to hit the 2nd plug OFF (which was my cannister filter)

This evening came back found 4 ranchus floating upwards, 2 was gasping for air.

Careless mistake and I didnt have any airstone inside.  sad.gif

Brudder, buy a AC/DC pump......accident have happens more then once to me liao... one time was my wife that pulls out the plug because she was using it for something and forgot abt it, another time was maid. In both cases, the sump pump stop and canisiter stop.... at least the ac/dc pump was working... so my fish was saved.
desireless
Condolence... That's not so bad ah... Recently got one bro who frequent the same LFS as me got power trip... All 40+ ranchus only got 3 survive. Dam sad ah! cry.gif He said he typically freezed there for about a minute plus before regaining his senses again.

I guess there is no way to prevent a power trip.
white horse T1
QUOTE(desireless @ Thu 18 Mar 2004 05:43 AM)
Condolence... That's not so bad ah... Recently got one bro who frequent the same LFS as me got power trip... All 40+ ranchus only got 3 survive. Dam sad ah!  cry.gif  He said he typically freezed there for about a minute plus before regaining his senses again.

I guess there is no way to prevent a power trip.

yeah man, recently one power trip at home caused me to rush back home to reset things to normal as all folks at home totally lost when comes to electrical trip

i orientated and put notes on the MCB now to educate all how to put the switch back to <On> mode
thuac
so sory to hear that
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(thuac @ Fri 19 Mar 2004 09:36 AM)
so sory to hear that

I'm sure you're not alone in feeling this way but there's really no need to express it publicly. Your one liner bump up the thread and many are annoyed by it. Please refrain from posting such and only write when you really need to contribute something to a thread.

Thanks.
nobnoba
Sorry hor, i have a naive question.

Its hard for me to believe that an overnite filter shutdown can kill GFs. Unless it is over-populated, shouldnt the fish survive the 'short' suffering?
Will an overnite power trip messed up the water parameter terribly? shouldnt the green-water or good bacteria hold off the ammonia rise (or nitrites and nitrates)?

Can someone explain to me?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.