Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My New Ranchu
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
Mortevicar
As some of you might know, the quality of goldfish in Australia is not great, and it takes ages to find a nice fish!

Anyway, I picked up this ranchu this is apparently from Japan. What do you think?

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
demdamdemekins
Good pickup! I'm from the U.S., so I understand how hard it can be to get good fish sometimes. This fish looks like an example of the topview as sideview appearance, so that gives credence to the possibility of this fish being from Japan. Since you guys are so much closer I guess its probably easier to get fish from Japan, but they are rarely if ever seen stateside. Evaluated as a sideview ranchu, there are a few things that stand out against this fish. The dip in the back, and the somewhat obtuse angle of the tail tuck could be counted against this fish, but overall, this is a good example of what a ranchu should look like. Considering the sad excuses that are pawned off as quality goldfish in Australia and the U.S, this fish is an excellent find. I'm sure it will be very comfortable in it's new home.
miester
nice find.....
bekko
Let's see the top view. Maybe it's Uno. Otherwise, way too expensive.

-steve
PERRY
Not the best side view ranchu because he dosent have a perfectly rounded back, but I bet he would look really good from the top view. Nice headgrowth and color I have two lionheads with the same color patterns and there backs are almost similar so I enjoy them the most from looking down at them through the top of the aquarium.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.