Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Help Sick Ranchu
RafflesGold Forums > Misc Rumble Area > Newbie Issues / Say "Hi"/ Testing
miester
need help here mates

IPB Image

whats this red spot? cure?
PTC
Looks like it could maybe be a parasite infection (costia)
bekko
.... or the beginnings of an ulcer caused by a parasite bite. Try a topical treatment like potassium permanganate paste or mecurochrome. Use a medicated feed if you have any.

-steve
miester
thanks guys will try though fingers crossed .......
PERRY
That deff. looks like the beggnings of an ulcer.
miester
i transfered him to a hospital tank now the red spot gave birth to 2 more red spots but the fish still active and eating good heck! dont know what to do ... did everything i can ..... need more help guys pls
bekko
What did you do?
egwinh
if the fish is eating well, its better to leave it in the main tank and improve water quality... i think the fish is stress...

i have this problem on and off, and ussually its just because of the water is bad.... like after 100% wc...., water qualiy is really a headache for a begginner...100%wc doesnt mean fish like it....

so far i have been lucky...using jade.green.water
miester
i just put a liitle bit of salt in water and that blue thing

awhile ago i checked now the red spots subside from the previous spot and move to another spot now near the tail but still remain a small red spot dint grow big.....

wc - 50% every 2 days

hospital tank - 20 gals/ bare with sponge filter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.