Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jade Head,red Eyed Ranchu
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
goldrush
This mornin,good old doc is in the mood to stimulate forum to recaptivate some lost punch in this forum for the past weeks becos of chinese new year hangover biggrin.gif

Well here's a fish which I cannot confirm its origin. blush.gif You see the unique head of this fish is very much chinese but the body and scales speak other wise....Thai in every aspect.Wat do you think?

IPB Image

IPB Image

This one in full speeeed
IPB Image

Unique head color with those red rimmed eyes under such a well developed wen never fail to excite me to fish her out of the many fishes available during the Lunar New Year season.Here's how it swims

Any comments? wink.gif
Damo
Well. Same comments as the leopard rachu ... You continue to make us dream to have ranchus like that. Doc, I wonder how many goldfish do you have? It seems like a lot.
I have a similar ranchu but it has been in my pond for the past 4 months and I have no idea how it looks now. I will fish it out this weekend and take some pictures. But I can guarantee, it will be nothing close to the beauty of yours
Kinder
I only find the white colored head growth attractive in this fish....more like a novelty piece to me (honest comments). wish there was more white in the fishes body & tail (i prefer the left side of the fish more).

Going a bit off topic....i had seen some Panda Ranchu pics more than a year back...i think it was from Tung Hoi farm displayed during the Aqua show. Wonder what happen to it....is it available for commercial market.

I would prefer so see more of panda ranchus....the white & Black color combination is really pleasing to see on a ranchu. They probably bring more variety to any Ranchu collection then just being more of a novelty piece.

kinder
i_wan
SO CUTE!!! biggrin.gif
The red color look bright and nice headgrowth.
goldrush
QUOTE(Damo @ Thu, 14 Feb 2008 2:07 pm) *

I have a similar ranchu but it has been in my pond for the past 4 months and I have no idea how it looks now. I will fish it out this weekend and take some pictures. But I can guarantee, it will be nothing close to the beauty of yours

Glad you like some of these specimens.Don't worry of showing.You might be surprised by how much changes your fish may transform in 4 months peace.gif
CP
QUOTE(goldrush @ Thu, 14 Feb 2008 11:22 am) *

Well here's a fish which I cannot confirm its origin. blush.gif You see the unique head of this fish is very much chinese but the body and scales speak other wise....Thai in every aspect.Wat do you think?

Er....the head, especially those boxing gloves, look very much Thai to me. I think this is Thai fish.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.