Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SVR With Traits Of TVR?
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
goldrush
Hey look at this fish.

It has features of a TVR except for its shorter body structure.This is how it looks from the top.

IPB Image

IPB Image

This is its side profile

IPB Image

IPB Image

Apparently the Thai has cross a TVR with a SVR to obtain the best features of both wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif
Damo
Very cute. I think it looks better from the top even with its short body.
d_golem
Thai SVR already obvious got influence from TVR blood lah. Where do u think the buffalo-head feature come from?
egwinh
this is realy a good ranchu.... is it yours? i wish the body is longer....
goldrush
QUOTE(egwinh @ Thu, 06 Mar 2008 9:33 pm) *

this is realy a good ranchu.... is it yours? i wish the body is longer....

Now this is a typical goldrush's background laugh.gif

IPB Image
CP
Nice tail......

Get ready for May..... rolleyes.gif
goldrush
This is another not too bad from the top.Almost full red except for its white lacy streaks over its tail

IPB Image
goldrush
COME WHAT MAY....Moulin Rouge??? blush.gif

Maybe a less favorable tail but a more desirable color pattern for MAY or MAYBE NOT.......

IPB Image
MachoRanchu
Hey doc its a beautiful red with very good cheekgrowth.

Curve wise it might not suit everybody's taste due to the abrupt drop, making the body more compact.

But to me this is a very nice specimen. good_very.gif
goldrush
This one is another full red but unfortunately it has a 3 pivoted tail rolleyes.gif

IPB Image

I show you its swimming

calicoly
shiok.gif shiok.gif what lovely fish, i'd be happy to have one of urs mr goldfrush!!!
as of right now i have a empty tank of water but no fish sad.gif sad.gif
goldrush
Sometime in March I showed a full red Thai SVR with good TV profile.Now some 4 months later the fish has grown to almost 6 inch.The funtans have developed further however the body remains short and tight.The swimming remains acceptable despite the compromised stature.I guess by providing lots of swimming space ,its posture remain in good shape biggrin.gif without the expected head tilting downward.

Here's one pic

IPB Image

A topview showing its well developed funtans

IPB Image

Will try uploading its video later hi.gif

goldrush
Here's the video as promised

pugimel
Hi Doc

Wonderful job on the grooming. The red is a very good STVR indeed, an excellent swimmer on my note. It has a great curve that score highly as a SVR and a tail view is a of a very decent standard. Deeply impressed.
goldrush
Not all my fish turn up well my fren

Take for example this piece

THEN:

IPB Image

NOW:

IPB Image

Notice the thickening at the dorsal part of the caudal fin

IPB Image

Time to reach for my scarpel...... evil.gif
goldrush
Remember this fish above

Well I have snipped off its thicken appendage off its top tail end.But what I want to show you is its marked improvement of colors of this fish.The red has deepen and the white remains unblemished and untarnished.So very often we end up getting pink infiltration into the white or orange blotches that practically ruin the whole fish.The demarcation between the two color(kiwa)is sharp and well defined.

IPB Image

IPB Image

This fish has been fed continuous on a high spirulina based color enhancer with full sun as complement for 45 days.
Kinder
Nice work doc.....agree really sharp colour contrast there btw the two colours, even improvements in colour on the head area as well.

Cheers
Kinder
goldfish29
what do SVR and TVR stand for? I've seen people using these acronyms and not sure what they are.
goldrush
QUOTE(goldfish29 @ Thu, 30 Oct 2008 12:32 am) *

what do SVR and TVR stand for? I've seen people using these acronyms and not sure what they are.

Halo goldfish 29

SVR stands for sideview ranchu bred to be appreciated from the side

TVR stands for topview ranchu bred to be appreciated from the top

peace.gif
clm2206
QUOTE(goldrush @ Wed, 29 Oct 2008 1:20 pm) *

Halo goldfish 29

SVR stands for sideview ranchu bred to be appreciated from the side

TVR stands for topview ranchu bred to be appreciated from the top
peace.gif

Hi goldrush,

What are the differences between SVR and TVR standards? I'd really appreciate if you post a both a side picture and a top picture of both a TVR and a SVR. That would really help me.

By the way, new here but reading RG forums since many months ago, lots of interesting info. Your posts are real bibles for goldifsh keepers. Many thanks for being here "Doc" goldrush. hi.gif

Regards,

Carlos
goldrush
QUOTE(clm2206 @ Thu, 30 Oct 2008 8:59 am) *

Hi goldrush,

What are the differences between SVR and TVR standards? I'd really appreciate if you post a both a side picture and a top picture of both a TVR and a SVR. That would really help me.

By the way, new here but reading RG forums since many months ago, lots of interesting info. Your posts are real bibles for goldifsh keepers. Many thanks for being here "Doc" goldrush. hi.gif

Regards,

Carlos

Dear Carlos

Thanks for the compliment and welcome to RG.Not sure if you are the only Peruvian around biggrin.gif

As for your keeness to learn more about TVR and SVR perhaps this two threads may help your better understanding

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=231

http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2372

regards

goldrush

insanity
[b][i]

I think it's looks nice on top and side.

Where in Singapore you buy this kind of thai ranchu? and what are the price ranges?

Thank you
goldrush
A good ranchu should look good both from the top as well as from the side.But such gems are few and rare to find.Most TVR looks good from top but looks horrendous from the side and vice versa tongue.gif

Occasionally you may find one or two close enough to satisfy both laugh.gif

I got these from pasir ris farm and they were sold under $100 a piece for a 3 inch fish
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.