Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm Dreaming Of A White....ranchu
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
MachoRanchu
For me, it's no longer a dream. Comes with a cute lip marking as well. cheer.gif

Comments are most welcome. Good or bad. Or how to improve this fish. thankyousign.gif
goldrush
Hmmmm From Snow White Princess to White Christmas......Let me reply with some Disney's Classic biggrin.gif

When you wish upon a star[Pinocchio}

Someday your prince will come{Snow White and the seven Dwarfs}

Whether it turn up into Beauty or the Beast{Beauty and the Beast}

you may want to do some Reflection{Mulan}

Follow the Leaders{Peter Pan}

And Go for the Distance{Hercules}

Though the journey maynot be Hakuna Matata{The Lion King}

I'm sure you will tell her,You will be in my Heart{Tarzan}

and not just Can you feel the love tonight but many nights{The Lion King}

And when you groom it be an ultimate piece I'm sure it's gonna be A Whole New World {Aladdin}of experience......

Hope you like my favorite Disney classic reply peace.gif

From a Doc that never seems to grow up
egwinh
this is really very good ranchu.... i just hope the eyes will be covered when he grows up
MachoRanchu
QUOTE(goldrush @ Fri, 07 Mar 2008 10:04 am) *

Hmmmm From Snow White Princess to White Christmas......Let me reply with some Disney's Classic biggrin.gif
When you wish upon a star[Pinocchio}

Someday your prince will come{Snow White and the seven Dwarfs}

Whether it turn up into Beauty or the Beast{Beauty and the Beast}

you may want to do some Reflection{Mulan}

Follow the Leaders{Peter Pan}

And Go for the Distance{Hercules}

Though the journey maynot be Hakuna Matata{The Lion King}

I'm sure you will tell her,You will be in my Heart{Tarzan}

and not just Can you feel the love tonight but many nights{The Lion King}

And when you groom it be an ultimate piece I'm sure it's gonna be A Whole New World {Aladdin}of experience......
Hope you like my favorite Disney classic reply peace.gif
From a Doc that never seems to grow up

Haha doc looks like you do frequent the other forum as well. Always expected such an innovative response you. You must have the entire Disney soundtrack collection as well. laugh.gif

Thanks...would groom this pc to the best of my capabilities

QUOTE(egwinh @ Fri, 07 Mar 2008 12:49 pm) *

this is really very good ranchu.... i just hope the eyes will be covered when he grows up

Thanks for the compliments egwinh...I think I will concentrate on building up its mass for the time being. Any additional wen growth is a welcome bonus. It will be challenging as its a short body fish. Hope it will be free from any swimming disorder. BTW its a she. wink.gif
egwinh
i am sorry, i mean will not be covered.... i have similar ranchu...but now the eyes is fully covered after just 4month from that size... and the fish is inactive now... its a sad story.... pls be very carefull on feeding... too much just leading to SBD...
goldrush
The problem is once the wen covers the eyes,the fish cannot feed properly or cannot compete with other fishes to feed.Often the fish go to waste{shrink to death} with buoyancy problem{sink or float}.Blacks are notorious for this tendency as their wen are bred to cover the eyes.So apart from feeding ,good water management,this fish need abit more attention and may need to be kept on their own.
egwinh
i really like to see this fish get bigger >12cm.... his head impression is just breathtaking.......
CyberET
hmm... i used to have an all white, after keeping in green water, it developed red spots longpia.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(CyberET @ Sat, 08 Mar 2008 8:49 pm) *

hmm... i used to have an all white, after keeping in green water, it developed red spots longpia.gif

I thought it should end up with green spots hysterical.gif

greenspot_pgeen.jpg
demdamdemekins
QUOTE(goldrush @ Fri, 07 Mar 2008 10:42 am) *

The problem is once the wen covers the eyes,the fish cannot feed properly or cannot compete with other fishes to feed.Often the fish go to waste{shrink to death} with buoyancy problem{sink or float}.Blacks are notorious for this tendency as their wen are bred to cover the eyes.So apart from feeding ,good water management,this fish need abit more attention and may need to be kept on their own.

Not to question the Master but, don't goldfish find food by smell? Maybe the sort of wen growth that covers the eyes also impedes the fish's ability to smell, and thus find food, creating the correlation between covered eyes and wasting away. Just my two cents...
goldrush
QUOTE(demdamdemekins @ Sun, 09 Mar 2008 8:34 am) *

Not to question the Master but, don't goldfish find food by smell? Maybe the sort of wen growth that covers the eyes also impedes the fish's ability to smell, and thus find food, creating the correlation between covered eyes and wasting away. Just my two cents...

I don't think the olfactory function is compromised but rather that if the eyes are covered,a significant wen growth would have been achieved which will impede its movement to find food and add to its clumsiness in swimming.A case of an ASSET to us but a LIABILITY to the poor fish.

Try to sprinkle a few sinking pellets to this well endowed fish and you can see how many misses you can record as it tries to eat in total frustration.... peace.gif
KokiBali
QUOTE(egwinh @ Sat, 08 Mar 2008 9:39 am) *

i really like to see this fish get bigger >12cm.... his head impression is just breathtaking.......

I was told by some local experts that excessive head growth at young age is a sign that the fish will not grow big. If you are looking for a potential big fish, find one with longish body and minimal head growth. The head will develop later, after the body. I think this is true.

So Bro MachoRanchu, I think your fish has reached her full potential now so enjoy it. I am affraid that her head will become bigger and bigger in the future.

Regards,
William

egwinh
another solution about the wen covering eyes is cutting them off.... but it takes practice...

mine works....
MachoRanchu
QUOTE(KokiBali @ Tue, 11 Mar 2008 9:23 am) *

I was told by some local experts that excessive head growth at young age is a sign that the fish will not grow big. If you are looking for a potential big fish, find one with longish body and minimal head growth. The head will develop later, after the body. I think this is true.

So Bro MachoRanchu, I think your fish has reached her full potential now so enjoy it. I am affraid that her head will become bigger and bigger in the future.

Regards,
William

Thanks William for your insight. I will consider these factors next time I choose a fish. I agree this piece probably will never grow to a length that I wished, but hey why not give it a shot. Main priority still, is for the fish to remain healthy. I must admit I got the fish solely for the rarity (a pure white ranchu with good headgrowth) and most importantly, for my personal viewing pleasure. biggrin.gif

For the time being, I shall groom it to the best of my capabilities. Will update in a month's time. sweatingbullets.gif

Rgds,
Kenneth
KokiBali
Hi Kenneth,

I agree with you, as long as the fish is healthy and looks nice then I will keep it. Size is not my priority in selecting goldfish. Few months ago, I bought 2 orandas. The orange one has potential to be a big fish, her body is growing faster than the head and fins. While the red/white one has almost reached her peak performance, she will not be as big as the orange one. Take a look at their pic below and you will know what I mean wink.gif

IPB Image

Regards,
William
calicoly
i like the red on the red and white oranda nice headgrowth too
MachoRanchu
QUOTE(KokiBali @ Wed, 12 Mar 2008 9:26 am) *

Hi Kenneth,

I agree with you, as long as the fish is healthy and looks nice then I will keep it. Size is not my priority in selecting goldfish. Few months ago, I bought 2 orandas. The orange one has potential to be a big fish, her body is growing faster than the head and fins. While the red/white one has almost reached her peak performance, she will not be as big as the orange one. Take a look at their pic below and you will know what I mean wink.gif

Regards,
William

Hi William,

Thanks for sharing. Your orandas are beautiful. The gold pc is a giant in the making. But being a fan of color variation, I'll go with the red white. biggrin.gif

Rgds,
Kenneth
KokiBali
Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for your kind words. You have a good selection skill ;-)

Best regards,
William

QUOTE(calicoly @ Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:58 pm) *

i like the red on the red and white oranda nice headgrowth too

Hi Calicoly hi.gif

Glad to know you like it.... I hope the orange one can be as red as the other one.... unsure.gif

Thanks,
William
MachoRanchu
An update on my pure white SVR after 3 weeks.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

From my own point of view, I feel this piece has definitely gained some mass. The curve has also grown higher (is it good or bad?). worried.gif The head has turn from a pale yellow to white (any idea why?)

Would like to know if I'm on the right track. Please give me your comments on how to improve/maintain this fish, so we can all learn from this. thankyousign.gif

goldrush
In koi,it is quite common to see yellow to amber discoloration of the head especially so in the Shiro Utsuri class(Black and white koi)or Shiro Bekko(no relation to our US moderator biggrin.gif ).It is said to be accumulation of carotene in the head part and if your fish is female,the likelihood it will clear upon sexual maturity is promising as carotene is needed for assuming this sexual status.So for obvious reason your fish is ready to mate laugh.gif .I'm not too sure whether the above applies to goldfish but I expect some cross relation rusure.gif Watch her diet as more may channel to egg production giving her a voluminous but clumsy look and the danger of spawn binding hmm.gif Good luck
MachoRanchu
QUOTE(goldrush @ Mon, 24 Mar 2008 10:30 am) *

In koi,it is quite common to see yellow to amber discoloration of the head especially so in the Shiro Utsuri class(Black and white koi)or Shiro Bekko(no relation to our US moderator biggrin.gif ).It is said to be accumulation of carotene in the head part and if your fish is female,the likelihood it will clear upon sexual maturity is promising as carotene is needed for assuming this sexual status.So for obvious reason your fish is ready to mate laugh.gif .I'm not too sure whether the above applies to goldfish but I expect some cross relation rusure.gif Watch her diet as more may channel to egg production giving her a voluminous but clumsy look and the danger of spawn binding hmm.gif Good luck

Thanks for your reply doc, very interesting info salute.gif ...yes this pc is a female. She's still a juvenile so I don't think shes ready for mating. biggrin.gif

I've lost 1 pc to spawn binding so far so I'll keep an eye on her diet in order to prevent history from happening again. no.gif
kampfer
Nice looking white ranchu bro.What's her size?
MachoRanchu
QUOTE(kampfer @ Wed, 25 Jun 2008 5:26 pm) *

Nice looking white ranchu bro.What's her size?

This might answer your question. rolleyes.gif

2424137515_f3982fa93b.jpg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.