http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...ost&p=54038

Just help to recap ,a series of still photos

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I will show you the video of these two tomorrow rolleyes.gif

Damo
I'm getting impatient .... why wait tomorrow ??
MachoRanchu
My guess is they've turned into GIANTS whistle.gif
goldrush
Well today's the day

As promised I will show you the video first.Let me know what you can see and what you can't tongue.gif I would like some feedback on their progress etc........I need some active discussion peace.gif

Here goes

Damo
Well!! It's pretty difficult to have an active discussion on such beauties as I have nothing much to say other that I wish they were in my aquarium.

What are theircsizes Doc?? I personally prefer the one with less red, which is a bit harder to find.
white horse T1
the white one has become rounder; shape wise it has improved.

d_golem
Howaaaah GIANTS!!

What's ur secret doc????
Kinder
Doc,

You are well equipped with how much they have grown...but as observed from your recent Calicos, these Ryukins have also improved in their colour. Specially the blacks have come out more....that's a real plus.

I think the SECRET lies in that home grown wall algae of yours....for such wonderful colour improvements!

regards
Kinder
goldrush
QUOTE(Damo @ Fri, 14 Mar 2008 12:37 pm) *

Well!! It's pretty difficult to have an active discussion on such beauties as I have nothing much to say other that I wish they were in my aquarium.

What are theircsizes Doc?? I personally prefer the one with less red, which is a bit harder to find.

The big one 7 inch the other 6 inch(tip of mouth to tail end)

QUOTE(d_golem @ Sat, 15 Mar 2008 7:47 pm) *

Howaaaah GIANTS!!

What's ur secret doc????

secret.gif dunno.gif wat secret?
goldrush
QUOTE(Kinder @ Sat, 15 Mar 2008 9:38 pm) *

Doc,

You are well equipped with how much they have grown...but as observed from your recent Calicos, these Ryukins have also improved in their colour. Specially the blacks have come out more....that's a real plus.

I think the SECRET lies in that home grown wall algae of yours....for such wonderful colour improvements!

regards
Kinder

WRONG........These two are kept in my indoor FGT with no access to any algae...... not even algae diet supplement! .The morning sun only hit the water for 2 hrs the most.I gave alot of high protein paste food with cyclopeze as color enhancer.That's all.The water need to change rellgiously sweatingbullets.gif

PS My indoor and outdoor setup are miles apart so I can't rotate with ease their change of haibtat
goldrush
Another 4 months has passed and all in all I have kept this pair for over 9 months.I have shut down my indoor facility and all fish are now housed outdoor.The white fish has just surpassed 7 and half inches(mouth to tail) after gaining some mass in the outdoor enclosure.These are the latest update

IPB Image

IPB Image

goldrush
Now everyone in Singapore is familiar with our national icon.The Merlion,an emblem designed for Singapore Tourist Promotion Board which was later idolised as a symbol of Singapore.Created as a lion with a fish body resting on a sea of waves,the merlion is often depicted with a spout of water emitting from the lion's mouth.

This one guard the mouth of the singapore river

IPB Image

Well,with a similar candid shot of this ryukin.This picture shows the majestic pose of this ryukin doing a merlion puke.A self created emblem of goldrush and an instant icon which I can call it my very own laugh.gif

IPB Image
goldrush
Here's the video.

goldrush
What about the other specimen if you may ask?

Well the other piece remain the smaller of the two but I manage to bring out the best of its vibrant splash of
calico colors tongue1.gif

IPB Image
ranchu8
Ok Goldrush, looks like preparing your arsenal for Sept competition smile.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(ranchu8 @ Sat, 26 Jul 2008 12:06 am) *

Ok Goldrush, looks like preparing your arsenal for Sept competition smile.gif

Hi Lawrence

We need many months before to prepare any fish for any competition unless you want to buy off hand a competition fish which of course will not be of competitive price biggrin.gif I just got news that competition is in Sept.We got some 60 odd days before D-Day H hours.From now to then,anything can happen as we painstakingly toll ourselves together with our fish to attain ultimate glory.That's the fun of it tongue.gif Notwithstanding Murphy's Law exercising its presence,you should be able to see some of these specimens on display peace.gif I must add that ..........provided they PEAK and not PIT in the days to come sweatingbullets.gif

Happy preparing
kelvintam
QUOTE(goldrush @ Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:36 am) *

WRONG........These two are kept in my indoor FGT with no access to any algae...... not even algae diet supplement! .The morning sun only hit the water for 2 hrs the most.I gave alot of high protein paste food with cyclopeze as color enhancer.That's all.The water need to change rellgiously sweatingbullets.gif
PS My indoor and outdoor setup are miles apart so I can't rotate with ease their change of haibtat

Doc, my I know whats the size of the tank u're keeping your gold fish in and how often of water changing is considered "religious".

Cheers.
goldrush
My FGT is 5x3x1 and 100% change every 4-5 days
churico4ever
Doc,

Hmmm... finally you've found the replacement of your black and white Ryukin Champion last time huh?
good luck doc, and update us of these two beauties....

Rico
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.