Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Void's Sexy Ryukin
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
void
one of my ryukins... it won 2nd runner up recently... any comments are welcum.. biggrin.gif

but i'm new to photography... it takes a few seconds after i press the button... so the fish move around... cry.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
CyberET
wooo yes.gif
HappyBuddha
ahhhh yes.gif

A few seconds' lag? Probably becoz you didn't pre-focus the subject?

Brighten up the tank with additional lamp or use a small betta tank outdoors to take pics.

Don't be shy; keep shooting till you run of of memory space. I average 40+ pics to get one good shot. biggrin.gif
caster
QUOTE(void @ Mon 22 Mar 2004 09:55 AM)
one of my ryukins... it won 2nd runner up recently... any comments are welcum.. biggrin.gif

but i'm new to photography... it takes a few seconds after i press the button... so the fish move around...  cry.gif

wah.. nice nice shiok.gif ... beautiful....wah wah....drool beg2.gif

Very nice fish good.gif

U breed this or bot it ???

It is a short tail ryukin rite...heheeh like the tail ....hehhehe the type that I like best ... good.gif happydance1.gif

Void.... U "MUST" improve your photography skill....I need to see a clearer pics..........wahahhahahhh yes.gif

thanks thanks
max
Void congratulation to u on winning the 2nd prize. yes.gif Your fish is one of the few I spend alot of time looking at plus snapping photo too. shiok.gif shiok.gif

pse post more pics of your other Ryukins, I'm sure you have more chio fish beside this one.

beg2.gif beg2.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(max @ Mon 22 Mar 2004 02:01 PM)
Void congratulation to u on winning the 2nd prize. yes.gif  Your fish is one of the few I spend alot of time looking at plus snapping photo too. shiok.gif  shiok.gif

pse post more pics of your other Ryukins, I'm sure you have more chio fish beside this one.

beg2.gif  beg2.gif

Hey, could you post the pics you took for us to see.

I'm not doubting void's skill; I just can't wait to see the fish clearly. happydance1.gif

Thanks.
jhansolo
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Mon 22 Mar 2004 10:11 AM)
ahhhh yes.gif

A few seconds' lag?  Probably becoz you didn't pre-focus the subject?

Brighten up the tank with additional lamp or use a small betta tank outdoors to take pics.

Don't be shy; keep shooting till you run of of memory space.  I average 40+ pics to get one good shot.  biggrin.gif

So Void, what camera have you bought?

Follow Happybuddha advice, in commerical shoot, it is 100 is to 1 plus touch up.

To prefocus, just press gently before you press all the way down. The other problem I think you have is camera shake. Once you press all the way down, don't move anymore. Are you using a tripod? If you bought the Z1, tripod is a very good idea.

I noticed your fish have a very intense red color, is that the natural color?

Cheers
max
I actually tot it was that fish, but it turn out not, sayang, how can I possibily missed it! hmm.gif

Anyway this is the one which I.....
max
QUOTE(max @ Mon 22 Mar 2004 04:34 PM)
I actually tot it was that fish, but it turn out not, sayang, how can I possibily missed it! hmm.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
domho7
Thou the pic not clear but colour seems very red. smile.gif
void
QUOTE(caster @ Mon 22 Mar 2004 01:49 PM)
wah.. nice nice  shiok.gif ... beautiful....wah wah....drool  beg2.gif

Very nice fish  good.gif

U breed this or bot it ???

It is a short tail ryukin rite...heheeh like the tail ....hehhehe the type that I like best ... good.gif  happydance1.gif

Void.... U "MUST" improve your photography skill....I need to see a clearer pics..........wahahhahahhh yes.gif

thanks thanks

aiyoh... thank you for your comments... yes.gif

btw, it's a MALE short tail ryukin... i bought it lah... it was about 9 cm when i bought it... smile.gif

your ryukins make me drool also... shiok.gif

i still dun know how to take pic leh... so disappointing... hmm.gif
void
QUOTE(jhansolo @ Mon 22 Mar 2004 04:07 PM)
So Void, what camera have you bought?

Follow Happybuddha advice, in commerical shoot, it is 100 is to 1 plus touch up.

To prefocus, just press gently before you press all the way down.  The other problem I think you have is camera shake.  Once you press all the way down, don't move anymore.  Are you using a tripod?  If you bought the Z1, tripod is a very good idea. 

I noticed your fish have a very intense red color, is that the natural color?

Cheers

hehehe... i was on the brink of buying Z1 when my sister gave me her old nikon coolpix 2500... biggrin.gif

i think the main problem is that it takes few seconds to capture after i press the button... so the fish got chance to move and the position change... cry.gif

i try to prefocus buit i think the same result leh... hmmm... hmm.gif i really need to learn extra hard on photography... yes.gif
void
hehehe... no doubt i will post more of my other goldfish pics... but unless i improve my photography skill, all pics will turn out blur blur like the above... hmm.gif cry.gif

yes... the fish has very intense red... and i'm trying my ass off to retain its colour... green water... hikari spirulina... more sunlight... frozen bloodworm ( unsure.gif ?!?!?!)... any more suggestions? happydance.gif
CyberET
your own blood tongue.gif joking biggrin.gif

how much did u buy it in the beginning?
LASERGUY
QUOTE(void @ Mon 22 Mar 2004 11:20 PM)
hehehe... no doubt i will post more of my other goldfish pics... but unless i improve my photography skill, all pics will turn out blur blur like the above...  hmm.gif  cry.gif

yes... the fish has very intense red... and i'm trying my ass off to retain its colour... green water... hikari spirulina... more sunlight... frozen bloodworm (  unsure.gif ?!?!?!)... any more suggestions?  happydance.gif

Red paint... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Joking....
void
QUOTE(CyberET @ Tue 23 Mar 2004 12:01 AM)
your own blood tongue.gif joking biggrin.gif

how much did u buy it in the beginning?

i bot it for abt SGP $ 40.... you think cheap or not ah?!?! unsure.gif

but the point is... you must gan cheong select the good ones first... hmm.gif
LASERGUY
Wah lau, really good buy for $40 only.... good.gif
CyberET
considering u bought at 9cm for $40, not bad for a good fish good_very.gif
worth it smile.gif
void
actually, i bot a five of them... that's why give cheaper...

originally, the red & white cost more... SGD $ 60

so average become $40 lor... biggrin.gif
void
listen to HB's advice... put in the betta tank... hopefully better pics... biggrin.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
void
another 2 more...

walaue... spend soooo much time to take these 3 buggers... back ache liao... hmm.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(void @ Tue 23 Mar 2004 05:11 PM)
listen to HB's advice... put in the betta tank... hopefully better pics... biggrin.gif

Wah... nice Ryukins! Are they naturally so red, or is it camera distortion? Do you keep them in green or filtered water?

Oei, by "betta tank" I meant small glass tank, something small yet big enough for the fish to swim about comfortably lah. This tank is way too small; the fish can't move forward or backward. biggrin.gif
Seacucumber
n..n..n..nnice!
fwahh!! $40 i also want!
hehehe.....i like the 1st and the 2nd one especially....
void
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Tue 23 Mar 2004 05:21 PM)
Wah... nice Ryukins!  Are they naturally so red, or is it camera distortion?  Do you keep them in green or filtered water?

Oei, by "betta tank" I meant small glass tank, something small yet big enough for the fish to swim about comfortably lah. This tank is way too small; the fish can't move forward or backward.  biggrin.gif

thanks for the compliments... biggrin.gif

camera distortion?!?! walaue... another jargon ah?? si mi ah?? but to me, the red & white ryukins really quite red lor... but the other more orange... a "12-blacks" ryukin... biggrin.gif

alamak!! i really put them one by one into the REAL betta tank leh... biggrin.gif Aiyah... never mind lah... as long got clearer pics... tongue.gif Exactly... the fish can't move forward or backward. biggrin.gif Soooo... cute... but they managed to shit inside there... mad.gif
void
QUOTE(g-string @ Tue 23 Mar 2004 05:25 PM)
n..n..n..nnice!
fwahh!! $40 i also want!
hehehe.....i like the 1st and the 2nd one especially....

in fact, the 2nd one, a "12-black"... tongue.gif was quoted for $ 30.... biggrin.gif

the 3rd one actually also not bad lah... just the camera angle not so rite...

okay... just replaced the 3rd ryukin pic... i think now looks better... yes.gif
void
another one... purchased not too long ago...

IPB Image

IPB Image
void
a white one... off-white maybe??

IPB Image

IPB Image
void
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Tue 23 Mar 2004 05:21 PM)
Do you keep them in green or filtered water?

i keep them in filtered green water... yes.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(void @ Tue 23 Mar 2004 07:07 PM)
i keep them in filtered green water...  yes.gif

Serious or not? Filtered Green Water. Can take a pic to show me please? drool.gif
HappyBuddha
QUOTE(void @ Tue 23 Mar 2004 05:31 PM)
camera distortion?!?! walaue... another jargon ah?? si mi ah?? but to me, the red & white ryukins really quite red lor... but the other more orange... a "12-blacks" ryukin... biggrin.gif

Yeah hor. You neber say I also neber notice - 12-blacks! laugh.gif

The distortion I'm talking about can be seen with the magenta colouring on some of the pics (near the forehead). wink.gif
mountain
whooo ... shake my brain up a bit .. "kok kok .. anyone home??" think first time i see white Ryukins.. yes.gif {sry, just remember i saw one during Qianhu competition }

hey void, i must say for all the ryukins posted, all of them are so well fed, powerpack looking good_very.gif
Seacucumber
hey Void! where the hell you find such nice ryukins??

hahaha....hey Caster.....you have a kaki liao! laugh.gif
caster
QUOTE(g-string @ Tue 23 Mar 2004 11:29 PM)

hahaha....hey Caster.....you have a kaki liao!  laugh.gif

yes yes.... I know hhehehehe...

I drool at his ryukins and he drool at mine whahhahahahha......
caster
QUOTE(void @ Tue 23 Mar 2004 05:11 PM)

hey, void do u know why u lose to the number 1 position ?? do u have the champion's photo ? hheeeeh just wanna know because I find your coloration excellent, tail excellent, but you could have lost to the champion due to body shape sad.gif... tell me tell me .. am I rite ? hehehhehehehe
void
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Tue 23 Mar 2004 07:38 PM)
Serious or not?  Filtered Green Water.  Can take a pic to show me please? drool.gif

hehe... HB... actually, i just use an OHF... overtime the water turn green (of course 24 hour lighting)... so i called it "filtered green water"... biggrin.gif

so HB, how to get rid of the distortion? unsure.gif
void
QUOTE(caster @ Tue 23 Mar 2004 11:49 PM)
hey, void do u know why u lose to the number 1 position ?? do u have the champion's photo ? hheeeeh just wanna know because I find your coloration excellent, tail excellent, but you could have lost to the champion due to body shape sad.gif... tell me tell me .. am I rite ? hehehhehehehe

actually, i'm 2nd runner up... so there are 2 more better than mine... yes.gif

i'm entering in the short tail junior section (<12cm) but in the end they combine with long tail too... mad.gif

the champion is a semi long tail sakura... more humpy than mine... look more "head punched" than mine...

the first runner up... same body shape as mine... but definitely bigger... much much bigger than mine... color all orange... some people say it should be in the senior category... unsure.gif

well... never expect to win... but it's a good learning experience... good_very.gif

hopefully, i get hold of these 2 buggers pics...
void
QUOTE(mountain @ Tue 23 Mar 2004 08:58 PM)
whooo ... shake my brain up a bit .. "kok kok .. anyone home??" think first time i see white Ryukins..  yes.gif {sry, just remember i saw one during Qianhu competition }

hey void, i must say for all the ryukins posted, all of them are so well fed, powerpack looking  good_very.gif

yeah... i tot it was rare too... so without hesitation, i da bao home... biggrin.gif anyway, it was the only one... shiok.gif

since all these ryukins are still junior... i feed them heavily with live tubifex worms... hehehehe... shiok.gif ehm-ehm... quarantined tubifex worms... biggrin.gif
void
QUOTE(g-string @ Tue 23 Mar 2004 11:29 PM)

hahaha....hey Caster.....you have a kaki liao!  laugh.gif

bro g-string... actually in spore more chances to find good ryukins... just have to be at the rite time, at the rite place... oh yes... and at the rite price... biggrin.gif

ya lor... caster and myself always hu xiang drool... laugh.gif kekekekee....
void
QUOTE(HappyBuddha @ Tue 23 Mar 2004 07:38 PM)
Serious or not?  Filtered Green Water.  Can take a pic to show me please? drool.gif

biggrin.gif here's my so called filtered green water setup... a simple OHF... 20 watt TFC on 24 hours a day... in no time... green water liao...

IPB Image

IPB Image
void
just purchased not too long ago... still in the quarantine period...

sigh... hmm.gif everytime see short tail ryukin, bui tahan liao... drool.gif

my wife is starting to forbid me to buy more ryukins liao... she told me to buy others... biggrin.gif

IPB Image
CyberET
looks the best so far biggrin.gif
Seacucumber
wah! 13 red! shiok.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.