Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Goldfish (dragon Eye) - Not Eating
RafflesGold Forums > Misc Rumble Area > Newbie Issues / Say "Hi"/ Testing
pksgmen
I just purchased 3 Dragon Eye goldfish from the farm one week ago. However, they have not been eating very well lately. Could it be due with the water condition? Now, i'm using the EHEIM professional 2224 for my two feed tanks. Is it due to the media use which consists of the EHIEM SUBSTRATEpro and EHIEM MECH that cause the bad water condition? But my other goldfish, nui jin, are living fine under this new filter.
calicoly
i dont know, but maye they are just settling in to there new enviroment, how is ur ph and have u tested for ammonia in ur tank??
i dont want to scare u but this only applies to fish that have been kept for a while,
they say that when ur goldfish goes off his food its a bad sign! which was true for me as i have lost one calico oranda last night!
goldrush
QUOTE(pksgmen @ Mon, 31 Mar 2008 8:42 pm) *

I just purchased 3 Dragon Eye goldfish from the farm one week ago. However, they have not been eating very well lately. Could it be due with the water condition? Now, i'm using the EHEIM professional 2224 for my two feet tanks. Is it due to the media use which consists of the EHIEM SUBSTRATEpro and EHIEM MECH that cause the bad water condition? But my other goldfish, nui jin, are living fine under this new filter.

From the above bold,I believe you did not quarantine your fish and the filter is unlikely to be matured enough to support your new intro in the too small a tank.Read more about the basics in keeping in many of the previous write-ups.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.