Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Member
RafflesGold Forums > Misc Rumble Area > Newbie Issues / Say "Hi"/ Testing
ranchudon4134
Hello from the beautiful state of KENTUCKY. I've been a member for a couple of weeks, and done a good deal of reading from this site, and find it to be very cordial and informative. The moderator answers questions without demeaning the intelligence of the person asking the question, and I find that to be a big plus in the hobby.
I have been keeping goldfish for only about a year and a half, and I read any books I can find on the subject, but there is so much that you can't find in print , questions that can only be answered by a breeder. Fortunately , one of the top hobby breeders in the u.s., the man who got me started in the hobby, lives only an hour away, and is always willing to come to to my aid when I get stumped.
I keep ranchus, veils, ryunkins,hibuna, and demekin, and while I'am attempting to breed all these varieties, the demekin are the only ones that are cooperating, having spawned 3 times in the last 52 days.I'am very happy with the progress in my breeding program thus far.
I will be posting questions in the near future for help from the skilled members of RAFFLES GOLD.

DON
Damo
Don

I thought I knew all the goldfish varieties but I never heard of 'hibuna'. What is it?
CP
QUOTE(ranchudon4134 @ Fri, 04 Apr 2008 7:56 pm) *

The moderator answers questions without demeaning the intelligence of the person asking the question, and I find that to be a big plus in the hobby.

Ha ha ha..........really? biggrin.gif

Moderators in RG used to be very harsh; I think we have toned down quite considerably these couple of years now that many members are aware on what or not to post. sweatingbullets.gif

Welcome to RG. hi.gif
ranchudon4134
QUOTE(Damo @ Fri, 04 Apr 2008 8:25 am) *

Don

I thought I knew all the goldfish varieties but I never heard of 'hibuna'. What is it?

The hibuna is what is known in the U.S. as the common goldfish, but the markings look for all the world like some of the koi. raingardens in HAWAII is a source for this fish and the stock is healthy and vibrant . They are considered a pond fish and should get quite large.
d_golem
I think the "top hobby breeder that only lives an hour away" is a member of this forum. Oy bekko! biggrin.gif
bekko
Maybe Captain Kirk could get to Don's house from here in an hour, but no one else.

-steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.