Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should I Buy This Fish?
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
kingyo08
I am about to purchase this fish. i would like to know if this is a good quality ranchu before i do

IPB Image

IPB Image
top_view_ranchu
Is this a SVR or Lionchu?
Anyone?
calicoly
it depends what u are looking for, with me the only thing i like about this fish is its head. what do u see in this fish? is it for a pet or are u grooming it?
for me, i would buy it, if it was for a pet, but also depends on price. i wouldnt pay alot for it though. hope that helps
32Bit_Fish
This is my perfect lionchu that I always wanted, but it's hard to find this high quality in U.S

If it is available, it would well cost over $200+ U.S

I would definitely buy it if I would you.
bekko
You or someone already bought it. The seller didn't show a good side-view photo which usually means the back is not too good.

-steve
isntkarmagreat
QUOTE(kingyo08 @ Sat, 28 Jun 2008 3:40 pm) *

I am about to purchase this fish. i would like to know if this is a good quality ranchu before i do

I saw him on the Goldfish.net auction. I was going to buy him but I couldnt see the tail angle in the back. He did have a really nice red and white one though.
kingyo08
sorry i didnt reply sooner, the fish is swimming around in my 29 gallon tank all to himself. he is very cute, and i love him. His back is much smoother than the photo leaves you to believe, it is SLIGHTLY jagged at the very end, but i like it, it gives him character, it looks cartoon like. His wen is completely covering one of his eyes. I am very satisfied with my purchase (120 dollars).

Now i am curious? since his wen is so large, and his body is not is not quite ranchu like, does he qualify as a "lionchu"?
32Bit_Fish
Yes, he is a lionchu.
churico4ever
not bad for the price that you pay, he has a great shape and a good balance... yeah... he head is owesome!

Rico
goldfishpassion
To my knowledge about ranchu. I am pretty sure that it is Hybrid ranchu or Lionchu or Mixed ranchu.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.