Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Yuanbao
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
goldrush
A sycee was a type of silver or gold ingot currency used in China until the 20th century.

In North China, the word yuanbao (元寶) was also used for similar ingots that are traditionally boat-shaped as seen below.
Today, imitation gold sycees are used a symbol of prosperity by Chinese and are frequently displayed at Chinese New Year and other chineses festivals.

This is a shape of a typical sycee

IPB Image

Now today I share with you my yuanbao biggrin.gif An almost white ranchu with a topview pattern of a gold ingot yes.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

The body and head suggest a female initially but with tubercles start forming over its first pectoral ray ,a change of gender is on the pipeline.

May prosperity bestow upon all................. tada.gif tada.gif tada.gif

MachoRanchu
If the red patch is flipped the other way, it will look like a rising sun. biggrin.gif
goldrush
Remember this fish?

Almost white
But not quite

Just a red patch
Looks kinda of mismatch

Body looks good
So too its potential hood

Swimming exudes much strength
Hope it will grow to much length

Thai is its breed
Pricewise:it may make one bleed........

Well it was somewhere in July that I showed this piece but unfortunately most did not get see it at MFGC because it would have surpassed Cat A classification and put it at a disadvantage in the at Cat B class instead.So here it is now ....just under 6 inches

IPB Image

Enjoy wink.gif
churico4ever
yeah your right it is almost a chinese yuanbao, hey doc, it is lucky for you, no-wonder you got the most healthy and extraordinary fish achievement I've seen here in RG. peace.gif

Rico
goldrush
QUOTE(churico4ever @ Sat, 08 Nov 2008 1:53 am) *

yeah your right it is almost a chinese yuanbao, hey doc, it is lucky for you, no-wonder you got the most healthy and extraordinary fish achievement I've seen here in RG. peace.gif
Rico

Thanks for the compliment.

For that a yuanbao song to you

Happy yuanbao to you
May your wishes come true
Happy yuanbao happy yuanbao
to Rico and his fish too.........(
sung to tune of Hapy birthday song)

drunk.gif
churico4ever
Ha ha ha Thanks Doc, I'm drinking beer now and starting celebrating with my tank on my side and my ranchus are dancing....

RIco happydance1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.