Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Puppy Goldfish
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
KokiBali
Hi,

Last Sunday I got a unique coloration SVR, my daughter immediately fell in love with this piece because it's head resembles a puppy biggrin.gif

IPB Image

the topview profile also cute... good_very.gif

IPB Image

and finally the sideview profile...

IPB Image

IPB Image

Not a perfect fish, but it's adorable... yes.gif

Rgds,
William
goldrush
And they call it puppy love.......................... biggrin.gif

Sure looks cute and makes you want to cuddle it hug.gif hug.gif hug.gif

Thanks for sharing William
KokiBali
Thanks for your kind words, Doc. Glad to know you like it too...

Cheers!
MachoRanchu
The 2 sides reminds me of Mickey Mouse's ears. Very cute lip marking too! biggrin.gif
calicoly
soo cute!! the top view does look like a puppy!!
i love the two orage side marks, makes it look like doggy ears
KokiBali
Hi MachoRanchu & Calicoly,

Thanks for the compliments. The swimming video of this fish together with 3 other fishes, is available for viewing at Youtube.

Rgds,
William
Noidea
Really cute looking fish. I wonder any SG LFS got sell this type of goldfish. It is really a good gift for young children.
top_view_ranchu
Hi William,
Is the clip taken in your house? I love the sight of the banana trees behind!
If its your hse, we can only dream about it here in SG.

regards,
David
CP
Hello William,

Four nice SVRs you have there. The puppy looked much better in video than pics. yes.gif
KokiBali
QUOTE(Noidea @ Thu, 24 Jul 2008 2:53 pm) *

Really cute looking fish. I wonder any SG LFS got sell this type of goldfish. It is really a good gift for young children.

Hi Noidea, thanks for your kind words.

QUOTE(top_view_ranchu @ Thu, 24 Jul 2008 2:56 pm) *

Hi William,
Is the clip taken in your house? I love the sight of the banana trees behind!
If its your hse, we can only dream about it here in SG.

regards,
David

Hi David, it is taken in the farm (Limas Goldfish) runs by Mr. Kun Eng who breeds pearlscales ranchu. The banana trees are nice, but we found a snake hiding in a corner lookout.gif . Here is Mr. Kun Eng and his younger brother, Mr. Kun Lok, selecting the fish:

QUOTE(CP @ Thu, 24 Jul 2008 6:03 pm) *

Hello William,

Four nice SVRs you have there. The puppy looked much better in video than pics. yes.gif

Thanks, CP. I am lucky to have these fish. I hope I can keep them well.

Best regards,
William
KokiBali
This afternoon I found 3 dead SVRs, including my puppy goldfish, while the last one is in critical condition. I don't know what caused it, they ate and looked normal in the morning. Feeding pellet only. I did total water change last Sunday.

Here are the pics of them...

IPB Image
IPB Image

IPB Image
IPB Image

IPB Image
IPB Image

The one in ICU tank:
IPB Image

This happened to me several times lately sad.gif

goldrush
oh no looks like a typical pH crash!!!!!!It can come very suddenly if there is not enough buffer around.You can instantly prop up the ph with sodium bicarbonate as a gungho short term solution but a constant buffer like oyster shells or coral chips will be a better option in the future.My deepest condolence William.Hope it is not too late for the last piece.
pangjcc
Hello William,

I'm sorry to hear that.

What happened to you was the same that happened to the other member Yoshimoto. After a routine water supply maintenance usually every three months your tap water become acidic, alright for human but deadly to the fish. Either you find out their schedule or test the tap water or change water at night time.

Johnson
KokiBali
QUOTE(goldrush @ Tue, 05 Aug 2008 11:10 pm) *

oh no looks like a typical pH crash!!!!!!It can come very suddenly if there is not enough buffer around.You can instantly prop up the ph with sodium bicarbonate as a gungho short term solution but a constant buffer like oyster shells or coral chips will be a better option in the future.My deepest condolence William.Hope it is not too late for the last piece.

QUOTE(pangjcc @ Wed, 06 Aug 2008 6:41 am) *

Hello William,

I'm sorry to hear that.

What happened to you was the same that happened to the other member Yoshimoto. After a routine water supply maintenance usually every three months your tap water become acidic, alright for human but deadly to the fish. Either you find out their schedule or test the tap water or change water at night time.

Johnson

Dear Bro Goldrush & Bro Johnson,

Thanks for your concern. So, it is a pH crash not a disease like ich or parasite? I didn't check the pH before I drained the tub.

I treated the last fish with 0.7% salt and anti ich medication, is it alright? The fish is getting better, the slime coat has almost gone. I hope this one will survive.

Thanks, once again.

goldrush

pH crash has that typical sloughing and whitish film cause by acidic burn.Novice attribute it to parasite or even fungi infestation and therefore inevitably reach out for the nearest medicine bottle for unnecessary and stressful treatment ,An immediate change of environment of good clean water will usually see remarkable recovery if damage is still reversible.
KokiBali
Thanks a lot for the enlightment, Doc. Will do necessary precautions before WC and buffer the water as advised.

Best regards,
William
KokiBali
The last piece can not make it, I found it dead last night. A bit bloated when see from top. Here's the pic taken last night:

IPB Image
IPB Image

Rgds,
William
churico4ever
Puppy Puppy, what did you named her? Chichuahua? hehehehe
she's cute and I think anybody will fell in love with a fish like that...

Rico
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.