Full Version: Further Discussions To MFGC2008
RafflesGold Forums > Discussion Area > Fancy Goldfish
Pages: 1, 2
desireless
As announced here:
http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5951

pls continue your discussions pertaining to this event in this topic
goldrush
Any idea how's the access to the competition area with our bioload on that day?So far I only park my car on higher floors .Any loading and unloading at ground level available? rusure.gif

Who is the official MFGF spokesman for this event and will he/she be online here to address any feedbacks or shortfalls should the need arises? sad.gif
CP
QUOTE(goldrush @ Mon, 28 Jul 2008 12:02 am) *

Any idea how's the access to the competition area with our bioload on that day?So far I only park my car on higher floors .Any loading and unloading at ground level available? rusure.gif

Hey Doc, I thot this is your job? I remembered you did a very good recce and guide here: biggrin.gif
http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...ost&p=54342
goldrush
QUOTE(CP @ Mon, 28 Jul 2008 12:54 pm) *

Hey Doc, I thot this is your job? I remembered you did a very good recce and guide here: biggrin.gif
http://www.rafflesgold.com/forums/index.ph...ost&p=54342

longpia.gif longpia.gif longpia.gif doing sai kang again?

eh I thot RG got more to do this time round rusure.gif but venue is only a stone away ...so should be no problem doing some pre-event coverage yes.gif
desireless
The entry form is now available for download at Vermillion Goldfish Club website and here at RafflesGold

We will be showing our support for this great event by having live update (judging score of finalists and photos) of the event right here at RG wink.gif
goldrush
Prior to each MFG competition, participants are given the opportunity to engage with the organiser in a light-heart ed discussion through RG .This year is no exception.So kindly make use of this avenue to iron out any differences like tank size,fish length, category, water management, benching procedure etc. Goldfish competition is not just about showing fish and collecting prizes.The build up towards the event is another experience altogether.Deciding on the number of entries and the categories are often a mind-boggling feat not to mention the number of obstacles along the way in preparing each exhibit.Each participants will encounter problem unique to themselves. Use the preview to clarify the rules and boundaries, identify potential crux areas, and visualize the most likely encountered sequences as we embark our journey together towards this most eagerly waited event outside Aquarama.

The competition preview is the last opportunity to get any questions cleared up before the real competition starts. The organisers are usually nearby(I hope) rusure.gif to clarify questions about the competition rules and regulations.I know there are some VGC members lurking in our forum and if you are one please do identify yourself and do your part to make this event a major success.RG only acts as an event collaborator and a network platform to complement Vermillion’s effort in organising this special event We will try to work hand in hand to minimize any misunderstanding and unhappiness pertaining to the competition build-up and find a amicable solution, if there is any . So if you are unsure of anything, ask. Questions don’t hurt, but mistakes do.

There are some 55 days to go before the Golympic.Whether you are Having your way or otherwise,I’m just Lovin It………….

goldrush wink.gif
goldrush
Hope I am not talking to myself nap1.gif nap1.gif nap1.gif

I was just browsing through the rules and regulation but did not find any limitation to the number of fish per category a participant can submit with a given name.Personally I feel if there is no cap then a likely scenario would be a rich bargirl can buy up all the space and later submit up to his whim and fancy.At the end if he cannot secure the fish of competitive standard,he may throw in a few feeders to fill up the space for our viewing pleasure hmm.gif Without a cap,again a certain party may monopolise a certain category through his buying power and leave genuine participant very limited room to play.No mention of the number of tanks nor the breakdown of the number of tanks allocated to a particular category or type was specified.Hope the relevant authority will look into my posting.
goldrush
Oui ........Looks like I'm really talking to myself wacko.gif

Maybe I should try this:

MIRROR,MIRROR ON THE WALL

IS THERE ANYONE READING THIS AT ALL!!!!!!!

dunno.gif dunno.gif dunno.gif
CP
Yea.....we need a spokesperson from Vermillion in this thread. Like how Desmond acted on behalf of Vanda in Nat Ranchu Comps.

Now, where is the Matrix..................?
desireless
I have some info on this event.

Will try to answer whatever to my knowledge
goldrush
ok maybe I'll try to break the ice biggrin.gif

Here's one joke regarding MFGF compe ...just for laugh ok

If I am from an opposition goldfish camp/club how do you think I should answer when ask if I am participating in My Fancy Goldfish Competition?

goldrush
Give up

Answer:

I donít have My Fancy on you!

laughbounce2.gif laughbounce2.gif laughbounce2.gif
desireless
QUOTE(goldrush @ Fri, 01 Aug 2008 11:16 pm) *

Hope I am not talking to myself nap1.gif nap1.gif nap1.gif
I was just browsing through the rules and regulation but did not find any limitation to the number of fish per category a participant can submit with a given name.Personally I feel if there is no cap then a likely scenario would be a rich bargirl can buy up all the space and later submit up to his whim and fancy.At the end if he cannot secure the fish of competitive standard,he may throw in a few feeders to fill up the space for our viewing pleasure hmm.gif Without a cap,again a certain party may monopolise a certain category through his buying power and leave genuine participant very limited room to play.No mention of the number of tanks nor the breakdown of the number of tanks allocated to a particular category or type was specified.Hope the relevant authority will look into my posting.

The organiser chose not to add this "Max entry per person" because they did not add that restriction during the last MFGC.

Furthermore, as per clause 6: "The Organiser reserves its right to reject any application and/or entry and/or cancel any class in its sole discretion."

Should a malicious act of interference to event occur, the organiser will not hesitiate to disqualify/refuse/remove those involved entries.
goldrush
Somebody the other day ask me what sort of goldfish yours truly will be sending for MFGF competition

Perhaps it is appropriate for you to have a glimpse of what to be expected

This is one of them

IPB Image

nananana.gif nananana.gif nananana.gif
KokiBali
Can be submitted under Open Cat. or not? biggrin.gif

goldrush
Ok now back to event proper blush.gif

Last sultry weekend,I took the initiative to capture with my digital some of the prominent landmark buildings and structures surrounding the venue of this exhibition mall

Well armed with my telephoto lens(chek),manage to capture this with utmost pride

IPB Image
goldrush
Oooops wrong again salute.gif

Got too carried away by the up coming olympic and that unforettable Bird-nest stadium

Now here's the real thing

First abit of the poetic introduction

MYFG WAS SUPPOSE TO BE IN MAY
SOMEHOW IT DIDN'T COME THAT DAY
MYFG WAS SUPPOSEDLY IN THE WEST
THAT WAS WHAT I REMEMBER BEST
BUT NOW WE KNOW IT WILL BE IN SEPTEMBER
A LONG WAIT BUT ALL GOLDFISH NUTS SHOULD REMEMBER
ALAS THE VENUE HAS CHANGED TO THE EAST
FROM WEST TO EAST ,MOST DON'T MIND IN THE LEAST.....
goldrush
Eastpoint Mall is one of the many prominent shopping malls in the Eastern part of Singapore and is located at Simei Estate.As in many well established towns in Singapore,it is fed by our excellent infrastructure like MRT,bus sevices and road assess.

The many different facades of EastPoint
IPB ImageIPB Image

Landmark sign to indicate you have reached your MGR(location)
IPB ImageIPB Image

For commuters by bus,the verious bus services available
IPB Image

For MRT user,SIMEI station is just a stone throw away
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB Image

For car users,there are carparks within the building and around the HDB estates
IPB ImageIPB Image

The many Eateries availble to have your TCS and lim kopi
IPB ImageIPB Image

What remains of once a petlover's centre where all types of pets are house within the basement of this premise

IPB Image

Some diehard fans of the past still have fond memories of the place and still give their pets a free run outside Eastpoint compound

IPB Image

Now let us enter the arena,THE ATRIUM,where we will do battle with our TANKS and our priceless GOLD for the most coveted prize......THE GRAND CHAMPION AWARD

a PANORAMIC VIEW shot from the atrium showing a skylight canopy overlooking the exhibition area which should allow enough UV rays to penetrate and enhance the colours of your fishes biggrin.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image

These are views of the atrium where the tanks should be deployed

IPB ImageIPB Image

Finally if your tanks suffer from possible pH shock then you can head down to nearby PHOON HUAT for your instant pH buffer....aka SODIUM BICARBONATE.They sell the 5 kg packet apart from the the smaller 1 kg bottle

IPB Image

One final note.

SEE YOU ALL(GOLDFISH KAKIS) AT EASTPOINT IN SEPTEMBER AT THIS JUNCTION hi.gif

IPB Image

BYE BYE
CP
QUOTE(goldrush @ Mon, 04 Aug 2008 10:42 am) *

Somebody the other day ask me what sort of goldfish yours truly will be sending for MFGF competition

Ah...........that's easy. smartalec.gif

First, click on 'goldrush'.
Next, under 'profile options', click 'find member's topics'.
You will be able to see some of his collections and know which one will be entered. tada.gif

Only problem is, I counted at least 15. haha.gif haha.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(CP @ Mon, 04 Aug 2008 6:08 pm) *

Ah...........that's easy. smartalec.gif

First, click on 'goldrush'.
Next, under 'profile options', click 'find member's topics'.
You will be able to see some of his collections and know which one will be entered. tada.gif
Only problem is, I counted at least 15. haha.gif haha.gif

Don't see me so up leh.Remember I was once and still a cheapskate doc who will relentlessly show forum my humble collection to share my care and maybe this time round to test my skills against the BIG GUNS and the true professionals.Perhaps I maybe abit naive to show my potential weapons while others choose to hide in their armoury.Well it remains to be seen who will make it to the final selection.It is still too early to ponder .15 fishes are just too great a flattering number for poor me to carry the workload.For now I think I will keep mulm about my participation rolleyes.gif
goldrush
Well it seems like pre event discussion seems to be abit quiet,I thought of giving some GOLDFISH FOOD FOR THOUGHTS this morning and hope you will CHEW on them and try to DIGEST them.Hope that you find them inspirational for your soul and mind rusure.gif

Here's one lengthy pep talk........

Itís the goldfish competition again
And youíve already won
The competition lasts but only for a moment
Though the grooming has taken months
It wasnít the winning alone
That was worth the work and tears
The applause will soon be forgotten
The prize will be misplaced and gather dust
But the long hard hours of effort and dedication
Will never be a waste
For in trying to win you build a skill
You learn that winning depends on will
You never grow by how much you win
You only grow by how much you put in
So any challenge youíve just begun
Put forth your best effort in this coming competition

This one is my most beloved GOLDFISH MANTRA

When you want to win a goldfish competition you got to teach.When you lose in one you got to learn.

This one always bring out the best in goldfish but never human hmm.gif

Goldfish competition often brings out the best in goldfish but the worst in people

This is how I should win in any goldfish competition

The key towards winning any fish competition is to show its strength and try to hide its weakness

Size does not matters!....that's what they say

It's not the size of the goldfish in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the goldfish numbers that matters.

LEARN TO BE HUMBLE

Goldfish winners build on mistakes. Losers dwell on them.

In order to win with dignity, one must learn to win with humility

AND FINALLY IF YOU ASK ME WHAT'S MY GOAL FOR THIS COMPETITION,HERE'S GOLDRUSH'S AIM

"I'm not in this goldfish competition with anybody but myself. My goal is to beat my last performance(that was a fifth place in VRC competition 2007)
happydance1.gif happydance1.gif happydance1.gif

GOLDRUSH
KokiBali
Hi Doc,

shiok.gif Beijing has bird-nest and Singapore has durian (the Esplanade) biggrin.gif

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I like the last one the best. It shows how humble you are and you know your enemies to win the battle good_very.gif

Rgds,
William

goldrush
Today's hilarious cartoon to ease your tension

Goldfish keepers and competitors come from all walks of life.
Ah Seng and Ah Beng are some likely candidates for this competition.
If so watch out for EXTRAS as apart from showing his FISH,he will also be showing his FIST!!!!!!!!

IPB Image
goldrush
So far no pre competition discussion so perhaps I will try to enliven graphically with some previews of what is to be expected or accepted in this coming competition biggrin.gif

If you ask me what do I expect to see in this compe?

This should be the answer

IPB Image

happydance1.gif happydance1.gif happydance1.gif

What do you expect to take home from this compe?

This is my answer:

IPB Image

ONE SOLID GOLD REPLICA THAT COST $XXXXXXXX

What are the color varieties do you expect to see?

Here's all the answer

IPB Image

THERE ARE BLACK,CALICO,RED AND WHITE AND FULL RED

Which Marvel super hero would you like your fish to be?

Answer:If there is an ironman there should be an ironfish

IPB Image

SOLID!!!!

How does your fish react when told they are going for a SHOW?

Answer:

IPB Image

Hokkien: Jit ki yu da ka liao!!!!!!

(meaning to step on the accelerator and swim away as fast as possible)

Which fish will win the largest,the longest,the heaviest in this compe?

This fish of course!!!!!

IPB Image
goldrush
And which fish should clinch the most rare,most unique and most sought after?

Answer

This rare blue pearl scaled silver and not gold biggrin.gif

IPB Image

We have wind that RG is going to be quite involved in this MFGF compe .Can you you give us some clue

Answer:

IPB Image

WE WILL BRING YOU CLOSE TO A LIVE TELECAST OF THE RESULTS ON THE DAY OF COMPETITION THROUGH OUR EFFECTIVE NETWORKING TO BRING YOU INSTANT INSIGHTS INSIDE THE COMPETITION ITSELF....... wink.gif

Ok enough said......Stay tuned for more info in the coming days

hi.gif

goldrush
goldrush
With just 5 more days to go before registration end,I'm still struggling to decide on a pair of MIRROR-IMAGE entry.Can you help me?????

Will it be this

IPB Image

or this?

IPB Image

CP
Send your blacks. At least the colours are mirror imaged. biggrin.gif
desireless
Some words from the organisers:

The event is 85% filled. Please register if you haven't.
desireless
QUOTE(CP @ Tue, 19 Aug 2008 6:44 pm) *

Send your blacks. At least the colours are mirror imaged. biggrin.gif

Haha very good strategy. No need to think so much on the colour patterns.

Since the Qianhu comp, I have not seen another competition with this category. Should be interesting. Will be sending in a pair to join in the fun. wink.gif
goldrush
Kekeke Now that the LiveScore template is up,will there be a LIVESCORE bet on whose fish is going to be a winner? wacko.gif

IPB Image

Comeon place your bet here......................Goldrush to win GRAND CHAMPION pays 100 to 1!!!!! laugh.gif
RBT
QUOTE(goldrush @ Wed, 20 Aug 2008 10:22 am) *

Kekeke Now that the LiveScore template is up,will there be a LIVESCORE bet on whose fish is going to be a winner? wacko.gif

Comeon place your bet here......................Goldrush to win GRAND CHAMPION pays 100 to 1!!!!! laugh.gif

Onzz i bet 1buck that you win good_very.gif GO GR GO......
goldrush

GO FOR GOLD BY OUR GOLD,THROUGH OUR GOLD,FOR OUR GOLD,THAT'S OUR GOAL,SO GO!GO!GO!

courtesy of GO---RUSH flex.gif flex.gif flex.gif
Hugoboss
Hello Goldrush,

You are damn steady. salute.gif Your efforts surely warrants some kind of recognition. UNBELIEVABLE!!! cheer.gif All the best, hope you bring home some nice trophies.
goldrush
QUOTE(Hugoboss @ Wed, 20 Aug 2008 10:24 pm) *

Hello Goldrush,

You are damn steady. salute.gif Your efforts surely warrants some kind of recognition. UNBELIEVABLE!!! cheer.gif All the best, hope you bring home some nice trophies.

Thanks for the encouragement.Have been firing on empty cylinders for awhile.This time round not too sure of my opponents as pre-tournament discussion have been pathetic hmm.gif Not too sure the judging criteria.Not too sure who the judges are.So this time more of agar agar luan chiong and hope not to long pia! biggrin.gif

It may look this time round not just for the experience
Neither just to add to its competitve ambience
A medal may seem within grasp
A trophy to bring home seem promising at last
But wait,don't count your fishes before they hatch
If not,tis only wind you can only catch
Tis another month or two to go
Anything can happen as Ive been told
Brace yourself for the unexpected in the days to come
Color may change,body will transform until donno what it may become
Murphy's law is something we must obey
Let us pray my fish may make it on that day.

meanwhile enjoy my poetry tongue.gif
MachoRanchu
Doc I think you'll do us proud. I'm sending in just one entry for the experience and hope to meet more goldfish enthusiasts at the event. yes.gif
goldrush

Hahaha I'm no Michael Phelp
He simply cruises and need no help
Breaking records with sheer speed of a rocket
8 gold medals is tugged within his fat pocket
Not so for goldrush as it seems an unsurmountable feat
8 titles are impossible,maybe possible 8 defeat
But again anything can happen on that very day
Luck and blessings,I can only pray
My preview looks always good on paper
Till that that very day,all may seem to taper
It's part of the MIND games that augurs the build-up
See you all and hope there is no major cock-up.......
Cellini
Dear All RG forumers,

Greeting from Cellini Goldfish Culture Club, KL! We are so happy and proud to learn you will have this highly anticipated friendly 'My Fancy Goldfish competition 2008 very soon.

We are happy for you because your afforts in collabrating is noble and helpful.

We are happy for you because you all have this wonderful team from Vermillion Goldfish Club and SamGoldfish organising the whole competition professionally.

We are happy for you because your baby(ies) have any another chance for others to admire!

Congratulations! and best wishes to your success!

Jason Kew
Cellini
goldrush

Today's the closing date for registration but what disturbs me is not just today but the date picked for the goldfish competition.2 major events that may dampen visitors over that weekends which come to my mind would be....the inaugural F1 formula night race that will command undeniable attention and possible a complete Spore standstill.With so much hype and pre-event attraction and extravaganza on top of Mediacop live coverage,the week preceding the main event promise a great draw away from our usual activities for sure(MFGC included ).Secondly the date pick is just too close a call away from the PSLE which every parents of sound mind biggrin.gif will inevitably be involved in their kids'preparation.I know it because my daughter is preparing for it and every year at this time,turnouts at my practice dip traditionally.(Not just kids but adults as well)
Well I am just offering my view on the date of the up comin goldfish event and its unusual and uncomfortable period of coincidence of concurrent events blush.gif .I have confidence that the turn-out of the goldfish participation and the die-hard kakis may not be severely affected ,however the commoners and non enthusiasts may give ours amiss hmm.gif

goldrush
CP
Har..........yes ah? ohmy.gif

I am taking part in the comp; have daughter sitting for PSLE, and also ardent F1 fan.So need to bench out and reach home before 8 to catch the live telecast.
goldrush
Maybe just maybe if the last day turn-out seems dwindling,perhaps the organiser can exercise an earlier bench out for the benefit of those who do not want to miss the F1 night race. blink.gif
bennibrave
how do i know if my entry is acepted??
MachoRanchu
QUOTE(bennibrave @ Tue, 02 Sep 2008 9:15 pm) *

how do i know if my entry is acepted??

If I'm not wrong, they'll be sending out a mass email to all the successful applicants in the next couple of weeks. yes.gif
bennibrave
oh i see thanks i posted mine exactly 1 week before entry close on the 24th august, what are my chances?
hehe nice ranchu u have there
goldrush

It is that time of year
when goldfish lovers unite and cheer.

Dreams of striking gold with your gold
stories will soon be told.

Your goldfish will give it their all,
the keepers watch from a distance in awe!

Let's support the organizing team,
as they help to live out our dreams!

So let the competition begin:
the goldfish world, as one, will win!
goldrush
Just in case you got too many bags of goldfish to carry to the competition area,this novel way may ease your burden shiok.gif

IPB Image
desireless
More info with regards to this comp...

Tank balloting was done in the presence of representatives from involved parties today. This is to ensure fairness in the tank allocation. For participants who have submitted multiple entries from the same category, pls do not be alarmed that your allocated tank numbers are not in sequence.

A total of 240 entries were accepted this year. Confirmation letters were sent 2 weeks ago.
Participants will be issued with another verification letter that contains tank allocation during bench-in. Please safekeep that letter as it will be required during bench out. Please stay tune to RG for the live updates of results for this competition. We will update on results from 1st, 2nd and final round elimination. Results will be published here too.

From the organisers:
Winner are advised to go on stage in "decent" wear (suggested shirt, pants and shoes) because there will be media coverage. On top of that, a few international aquatic magazines will be covering for this show. You won't want to appear in renowned magazines in shorts and slippers! hysterical.gif
goldrush
QUOTE(desireless @ Wed, 17 Sep 2008 2:17 am) *

Winner are advised to go on stage in "decent" wear (suggested shirt, pants and shoes) because there will be media coverage. On top of that, a few international aquatic magazines will be covering for this show. You won't want to appear in renowned magazines in shorts and slippers! hysterical.gif

RG T-Shirt can?

Well I'm just dreaming or imagining goldrush go on stage to LIFT the cup but when I woke up I realise I had to LEAVE the cup for someone else longpia.gif longpia.gif longpia.gif

So as a matter of pun if you read

GOLDRUSH LIFT THE CUP..........it could also mean goldrush leave th cup(for someone else) hysterical.gif
CP
QUOTE(desireless @ Wed, 17 Sep 2008 2:17 am) *

Er..........you mean like this guy????hysterical.gif
IPB Image
top_view_ranchu
CP,
Will you be back here next Saturday? I'll probably be there on Saturday morning nia. Desireless and Doc, what about you guys? Lets try to meet up?
CP
Yes I'll be there Saturday. But most likely in afternoon. Lets try adjust each others' timing for meet up!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.